“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Paramount Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Paramount Hotel to your Saves list
The Paramount Hotel
50 Nevern Square, London SW5 9PF , England (Formerly Hotel Buosi) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #230 of 525 London B&B and Inns
Dagenham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Last night myself and a friend stayed at the paramount hotel for a concert at earls court arena and we could not fault the hotel. It was so stunning, I felt I had to sign up and give it a review that it deserves. Like everyone else is saying, please don't let the two star put you off. Upon arrival we was greeted at reception and given a little London fashion week toiletry gift which was unexpected and adorable. The room was small but well planned out. Tall ceilings and clean decor. Amazing quality for the price and great location. 5 minute walk from earls court station and arena. Tea making facilities, iron and ironing board, clean bed lining and towels provided.

I haven't stopped thinking about it since I left this morning. We are definitely returning!

Room Tip: Room with a view of Kensington Square. Beautiful to wake up to
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
Accrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I chose the Paramount for it's great price and location to Earl's Court tube station and I wasn't disappointed. I do tire of people nitpicking on here like many do, but please be assured this hotel from my experience was absolutely fine. Check in was easy and I was given a beautiful view from my 2nd floor room (see picture) although if your a little weak on the knees take it easy on the stairs. The room was perfectly fine for a single person (although the room was a double) but it was spacious enough for a small place. The shower worked well and the bed was comfy enough for a good sleep, although I admit for light sleepers there is a little noise here and there but nothing that bothered me. Also the weather was cold on my visit and the room heating was very responsive when required so happy with that.

The tube (Earl's Court) is only a 5 minute walk and surrounded by lots of restaurants and cafes, I had the misfortune of a tube strike but this didn't effect my tube travel in to central London and back.

Bottom line is if you want a low cost, comfortable, friendly and well positioned hotel and your not a very light sleeper get the Paramount booked!

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view and got myself a lovely view of Nevern Square park on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend one night as we had a theatre show and were looking for a cheap place to stay, we are from London and so know the different areas. We came across this hotel and i must admit to pre judging it, as i first saw it was 2 stars ( which most tend to think anything below 2 stars will have mold, insects, things broken etc..) HOWEVER we were pleasantly surprised! We checked in around 5pm and had no problem, the receptionist was very accommodating and we were upgraded due to oversee of rooms or something.. we were supposed to have a regular double, but instead had a family room which was quiet nice. The room was very clean and tidy, simple decor, bathroom had a small shower but hey its a shower not a wet room + it was 1night!. Tea and coffee facilities in the room, ( the biscuits are lovely!)
The only negatives were that we waited at the front door to be let in for a bit, check in at 3pm, would be nice if it was earlier such as 1pm, and in the family room the TV was positioned above the bed on the side was so it was a bit uncomfortable to watch half hanging of the bed.
But we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Myself and friends recently had a short stay at this lovely hotel. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who were there to answer all of our questions from places to eat and places to visit. Our room was clean and spacious with lots of lighting.There is tea, coffee and biscuits in the room on arrival with the option to refill the basket yourself if you're running low.
The hotel is 5 mins walk from Earls Court underground and there are buses in the area to bring you to Westfield Shepherds Bush and also central London.
I was truly happy my visit and I will return again. Thank you for a really nice experience.

Room Tip: The hotel is on 5 floors,not suitable if you have a problem climbing stairs
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here in September in a superior double room. I was a bit nervous about what to expect as I booked it before reading any reviews on the hotel, and when I did I was shocked by some people's experience. But having only booked it four days before staying and only paying £45 for the room I figured it is what it is, and thankfully I was pleasantly surprised. The room was comfy, although a bit warm due to it being 30oC that day. It is in a great location and even though they don't provide a breakfast service there are plenty of cafes about and a large tesco about 3mins down the road too. But all in all if the price was right I would stay again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for one night in a Superior Double Room.
Wanted something cheap for an unexpected extra nights stay at short notice.
Was not expecting much for the price, small room and a walk back from the tube station in a dodgy area of London for this price.
However me and my partner were both impressed, the room was massive compared to what we usually get elsewhere. The hotel is also located in a good area where you feel safe going out after dark. Not far from Earls Court tube station and loads of shops, supermarkets, pubs and restaurants just around the corner.
If you want a nice location and a big room then Id book the superior room here.
The room itself was a bit dated but was one of the cleanest rooms I have stayed in, and I've stayed in a few hotel rooms.
Also had an excellent nights sleep here which is also a first for my trips to London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights thought out the summer and considering the price it is what it is. Very basic but I had a good night sleep. The rooms come with a kettle, coffee an tea facilities. The location is perfect and a 5 minute walk from Earls court tube station. The bigger rooms are better as obviously more spacious. The smaller rooms are OK but are small so you might want to request a bigger room. I found the staff friendly and polite and was welcomed upon my arrival. There isn't a lift in the hotel but lots of stairs. Luckily I'm quite fit. This might make it harder for older people. I would stay again and although not 5 star it is what I expected before I booked.

Jonathan
www.stayevents.co.uk

Room Tip: Then larger rooms are better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Paramount Hotel? Share your experiences!