“Dangerous, dirty and outdated.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Court Hotel

You added Hyde Park Court Hotel to your Saves list
Hyde Park Court Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Norfolk Square | Westminster, London W2 1RT, England   |
Ranked #973 of 1,049 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Dangerous, dirty and outdated.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is quite honestly the worst place I have ever stayed. On first look the hotel looks average and similar to others in the area however once you pass reception you begin to get a real feel for the horror that awaits you.
Firstly the rooms do not look at all like the photos. Many are dark, cramped and dirty, in my room the TV, kettle and wall switches where all broken and many of the cabinets and other furniture where cheap or broken. Trains run directly under the rooms so be prepared not to get any sleep until around 1am and be ready to be woken up by an earthquake like room shake at 5am. The room had very little signage, no fire detector and no exit signs.

In addition to all of the above the bathroom is dirty, smells of damp and literally has a hole in the floor for a drain. The taps and shower both had loose plumbing and drip constantly and the staff are rude and less than helpful when you discuss any of this with them.

After trying to make a complaint I was directed to the manager who wasn't avaliable. I left my contact details and waited for him to contact me. After 2 days the manager had not contacted me so I decided to return to the hotel to get my refund. The manager offered me 10% back and when i refused he decided to offer 20%. On refusal of this he contacted the police to have me removed. I am now going through my bank and the local council to get my refund.

If you want to be safe, enjoy your sleep and have a bathroom to clean yourself in stay somewhere else. The hotel has already had one star removed and will hopefully loose another very soon!

Room Tip: If you choose to ignore all these reviews make sure you get a room on the second floor or higher so...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
hydeparkcourthotel, Manager at Hyde Park Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I would like to response about this review. Mr James checked in and stayed all night in the room. In the morning after breakfast he came on reception and asked for full refund and said he was not happy with room. He paid £50 cash for family room. Person on reception told he can not deal with refund if can wait or call back again.
Receptionist told as its cash payment so he has to come for refund as Mr James paid cash.
He came back next day and speak to me. I told him that I tried number on card but it was unavailable.

Mr James asked me for refund, i explain him that if he had any problem he should have come to desk during night but because he stayed all night in the room had breakfast and then came to reception for refund so its not normal.

I said but still i am able to refund you 20% but he refused and said he wants full refund.
we had long talk but Mr James said he is not going until he gets full refund he stayed on reception from morning until 17.00

in last we ask police to help. We could have refund him full if he had told during night when he checked in but couldn't after all night sleep and breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Staff are rude, tried to charge me extra for using credit card. Rooms are way too small. Toilet is not humanly usable. The hotel is smelly. You can hear and feel the metro running beneath the room.
I have never had a worse experience with a hotel. Well, the breakfast wasn't bad.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

Stayed at the B&B Hotel for two nights this week, the staff were extremely polite and courteous, unfortunately that is where my praise runs out. I was on the lower lever (basement) and the entire room shook every time one of the trains went underneath it coming in & out of Paddington Station. These trains run constantly with one passing below the hotel at least every minute to a minute and a half, all day & night. Without a word of exaggeration even earplugs didn't help due to the vibrations, which is rather stressful when one is trying to sleep, out of my two nights there I got about three hours worth, and suffered sleep deprivation. The ceiling was no better as it has old floorboards that creek and when the couple in the room above were doing certain nocturnal activities in the dark I got the sound of their floorboards on top of the sounds of the trains below and to top it all off the generator kicks in which is also extremely loud.
Cleanliness not up to my standards as when I went to the toilet I had to flush someone else's waste away that had been there before me.
The bathroom is rather claustrophobic, which like other people, reminds me of a caravan (but smaller).
The breakfast was a selection of cereals, jams and selection of a few other things, although toast is served. Not the kind of breakfast most people expect in a B&B. It is a B&B in every shape and form, but not a hostel as some have stated.
I won't be returning there again, a real shame as it could be so much more.

Room Tip: I recommend a Travelodge, Premier Inn or similar as if one books in advance you can get good deals
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

Went there last week, fortunately only for one night. The room was spacious, but bathroom was a plastic, caravan like cubicle, and was dirty. There was no hot water in the wash basin or the shower, and when we enquired about this we were told that they were working on it. Still no hot water next morning, and asked reception about it. We were told in broken English that the engineer was working on it ( still). When we asked for a partial refund we were told that the manager would be in the hotel later in the day, and to ring him later. Several calls later we are still to speak to the manager who never seems to frequent his own hotel. We did not dare to try the free breakfast, as without hot water, how had they managed to wash up!! DO NOT GO THERE.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

Weird caravan style bathroom, smelly room, tight staircases - a good workout ill add when on the top floor! questionable housekeeping. good location though and the cheapest available. staff rude with very broken english.

Room Tip: save your money
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on the fourth floor with two double beds. The room temperature was fine during mid November with 10 degrees Celsius outside. The breakfast was really simple with limited options but you can get a fried egg and toasts with jam. Location is great and easy to come to from Heathrow.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

Room is very small, too small, and also beds are so-so and shower in a room is very small, but location is awesome! Wi-fi is payable. Nearby is a great pub and one italian restaurant with great coffee! Tube station is also very close.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Been to Hyde Park Court Hotel? Share your experiences!