“Lovely staff, I'd love to come back soon!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lincoln House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lincoln House Hotel to your Saves list
Lincoln House Hotel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   33 Gloucester Place | Marble Arch, London W1U 8HY, England (Marylebone)   |
Rome, Italy
“Lovely staff, I'd love to come back soon!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I've stayed in this hotel in a quad room with my friends. We really loved the location, the building and the staff! once I didn't feel very good and a boy from reception came to bring me food directly in the room! And many times they also brought us beers in the night after we asked for them calling the reception. Room wasn't so big considering we were 4, but we only needed clean beds where to sleep and everymorning they cleaned our rooms and bathroom (that was quite small but for a few days it was ok!!) The room was cheap divided in four, if we decide to go back to London all together we'll come back!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Herzelia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

We have stayed at the Lincoln House hotel for 4 nights, and found that it was a good trade-off between location, price and comfortable accommodation. The staff was very friendly, the place is clean and lunch and dinner were very good, and at a very reasonable price. As other posters pointed out, the rooms are small, and the bathroom has a very limited space. The booking website mentioned that there are larger rooms. We stayed on the 3rd floor, and there are quite a lot of steps to climb, but on checking in and out the staff helped bringing our bags up and down. As I took some of the stuff myself, this was still a bit of strain. If you plan to stay there, just check in advance that the room size and the accessibility are adequate for you, to save you any frustration or disappointment. The other advantages are free Wi-Fi and a PC with an Internet connection at the lobby. If you find that walking from Marble Arch tube station (10-15min) is too much for you, you can pick up one of the buses 2,13,82,74,274 (at one of the two stops just about the corner when turning from Oxford St, to Portman St.) Alight at the corner of Portman St, and George St. (the bus station is named "George street"), and walk for some 30m. Also, in case you arrive in Heathrow and plan to get to the hotel by tube, I would advice to use a different route from the one mentioned at the hotel's website. Going on Piccadilly line to Holborn and then back to Marble Arch is not a very good option in either time or convenience terms (especially in the hours when Piccadilly is overloaded). There is also no step-free access at Holborn. It may be better to switch at Hammersmith or Earl's Court. Please also note that there are multiple closures due to the tube upgrade project, so check the TfL website for news and alerts (e.g. currently there is no lift at the Earl's Court station).

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kinross, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

As I was only staying for one night and would really only be sleeping in the room, I thought I'd try the Lincoln House as an alternative to my usual choice of 'chain' hotel. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival, both by the great location (just 2 mins walk off Oxford St) and the standard of the room. I had a 'double plus' which at 15 mtrs sq was more spacious than other rooms I've paid double the price for. Spotlessly clean with everything you'd need (tea/coffee, hairdryer, soaps, towels, storage, etc). The welcome was very friendly and efficient and the decor was 'characterful' in a nice way! Breakfast was another welcome surprise - freshly cooked to order and served on a warm plate and at £4.90, the value for London, was fantastic.
Wasn't expecting a luxurious bathroom having read other reviews but the 'cubical' was functional - if tiny - and the shower hot. What else do you need to do in a bathroom really?!
Would be happy to recommend the Lincoln to anyone looking for a decent, clean room and good food at a bargain price. I paid £95 in total and will certainly be returning again.

Room Tip: If you want a certain size, ask for it!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

great location clean and good value, good value breakfast for london and very safe location , we are returning to hotel in June, would find bathrooms to small if you were fat!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

When I booked this hotel, I knew the singles were small, just as well I am not a large person, I could site on the bed and touch both walls, but it had all I wanted a bathroom,
TV, fridge and a jug for making a tea or coffee. Also down stairs they had a computer with free internet and a daily newspaper. The location was good just a short walk to Oxford street

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights and thought I had extended my stay for a fifth. When I returned about 5 pm, I found all my clothes, personal effects, valuables, papers, toiletries -- everything -- had been put into Tesco bags and thrown into a blue cloth bundle on the floor of the dining area. The room had been let to someone else (who had not yet arrived.) I was told someone had tried to reach me by phone, but "it wasn't in service." Someone authorized the removal of all my things -- essentially dumping me without notice. I had been a good client till then. I had booked on-line from the US using a service with whom I will lodge a complaint about what I consider unprofessional, disrespectful behavior. The presumption that I 1) was not coming back for my things; 2) I could not be trusted to pay for the extra night's stay -- these all express a temerity, a callousness, a complete lack of respect for a guest that speaks very poorly for the hotel. I was told "the manager, Joseph Sheriff, was asleep". He could not be awakened. None of the 3 young people at the desk would/could tell me who authorized the removal of my possessions nor who did it, that is,
which chambermaid or cleaner was working that afternoon. I was appalled, as you can imagine, and I am writing to protest what happened to me and to suggest others reconsider their booking with a hotel that can treat its clients in such a manner. Sincerely, Carla Coch

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
J-Sheriff, Manager at Lincoln House Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Ms Coch was told when she checked-in that we were fully booked on the day she needed to extend. She should have looked for an alternative accommodation rather than leaving her luggage unpacked on the day of her check-out till 5:30pm. We tried to call her twice, but failed to establish contact, she didn’t call us even once.

It is unreasonable to expect clients who booked their room well in advance to check into an unclean room, since the chamber persons finishes at 2.30pm. We did not bundle her scattered belongings nor did we dump them as claimed. We are normally full most of the days well in advance, the Marathon week made it impossible to extend her stay at short notice and we made this crystal clear to her. We understand her being upset, but it wasn’t our making. It is not uncommon when we blame others for our shortcomings.

Strangely enough on the same day 3 of our guests went out of their way to compliment us on our service. Even Ms Coch was highly appreciative of our extensive service and has stated that on several occasions.

We offered her breakfast on check-in, printed her emails on request, helped her with her tour itinerates and spent a great deal of time in finding her a hotel nearby that suits her budget and requirements. We have always been courteous to Ms Coch.

Joseph (Manager)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

This certainly wouldn't be suitable for families. During my stay i was kept awake by next door's TV and snoring but also people having sex in the room above. i felt this was totally unacceptable.
i would expect this of a youth hostel but not at a hotel, paying hotel prices.
But as i said, my main concern is that families should not stay here unless you want to risk having your children learn the facts of life in such an unsavoury way!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We try our utmost to ensure that our few partitions are insulated to the highest standard. To call them paper thin walls is highly amusing! However, if a guest is of a curious nature or extremely sensitive to noise then one might hear something. It is highly unlikely that a guest can hear next door’s TV, snoring and love making in the room above all in the same night. It is overstated by any stretch of imagination.

However, we sincerely apologise for this remote coincidence.

Joseph (Manager)

Been to Lincoln House Hotel? Share your experiences!