“A gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grange Rochester Hotel

You added Grange Rochester Hotel to your Saves list
Grange Rochester Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   69 Vincent Square | Westminster, London SW1P 2PA, England (Westminster / Belgravia)   |
Ranked #512 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Birmingham England
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I loved staying at the Grange on several occassions on business in London. Last time I had a room with two double beds! Breakfast can be a bit chaotic because the dinning room is quite small but food and staff excellent. Location is very good for Westminster although the area lacks a few good pubs and restaurants. Small but friendly bar area. Its a cosy hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

I booked this hotel for business purposes. A single room is just that....a single bed in a tiny room. Wholly inadequate and not as advertised. Safe in the room is not large enough to store a laptop.....At £150 per night, room only I am extremely disappointed and feel totally ripped off. Staff were unhelpful and smug. I have stayed in grange hotels before on many occasions. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed November 2011
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel, which is close to Victoria station, after booking it as a "Secret Hotel" on Lastminute.com.
I was delighted with it. It is situated on the corner of Vincent Square and Rochester Row in SW1 and you can get there easily by bus direct from Waterloo, or walk from Victoria station. The rooms are extremely well furnished to a high spec, and are definitely worthy of a four star. There is plush mahogany furniture and high quality luxurious bedding, a great flat screen TV with cable channels, a beautiful bathroom with really posh toilettries for free and loads of tea, including Earl Grey, coffee and a kettle. The room is not too small, given it is London, much bigger than many, feels safe and comfortable and sound proofing is good. I had a very comfortable trip, great night's sleep, it was quiet and so on. The only odd thing about the hotel was that when I checked in the receptionist informed me that breakfast was £80 if I chose to have it! I asked her if she was joking and she smiled as though she knew how ridiculous the price was, and said No. Of course I did not then take breakfast and wouldn't have done anyway as there are plenty of great cafes nearby,. but that seems a ridiculous amount to ask - and clearly they don't want you to have breakfast, which is why they say that. That was more than I had even paid for the room, under the secret deal. Otherwise it was great and highly recommended. I was on business, not leisure so can't comment about how suited it would be for leisure as I was looking for a nice, pleasant hotel to stay in for work.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I knew it was going to be a small room as it was stressed throughout the booking process.However I got a great price and I was arriving fairly late in the evening for 1 night so it wasn't a lengthy stay. I wasn't disappointed ! It was very very small but all comforts and amenities were clean and adequate. Staff good - main lobby areas also good but room very tired and needing some upgrading.Problem for me was it was quite away from the Underground - and its not actually in Vincent Square so 2 taxi drivers had problems finding the entrance at night!
The size of the Bathroom meant you couldn't stretch your arms out in any direction!
I bounced around a bit! (Room 416)

Room Tip: 416 is tiny!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Not great - room was roasting hot, we had two small beds pushed together (not a double as booked), the room was small, and breakfast was extortionate :-(

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chatham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My partner booked for us to stay here for a weekend in London. It is a 10-15 min walk from Victoria station to Vincent sq where the hotel is located by a peaceful green off of the main road. The reception staff were very friendly and no req was to large! We had a lovely sized room with a beautiful ensuite and toiletries. As it was an anniversary they even decorated the room for my partner and there was champagne on ice waiting! This was I am told arranged over the phone! Breakfast consisted of croissants fruit salad toast cheese and meats.I loved this hotel and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The hotel restraunt we found very expensive but found a weather spoons just down from Victoria which...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed there on the 2nd and Third of july 2011, It is a nice hotel. It's clean, the employes were great. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived from our cruise (it was a bit after noon) so we left our luggage in a specific place. There was no problem. Our room was perfect, we had 2 single beds and 1 double bed, a shower and a real tub (It is rare in Europe to have both). Thera is no A/C but we had a small fan. The hotel is located near the Westminster Abbaye and Victoria Station. At night, if you walk in direction of that station, there is a theatre and Wicked was playing. So unexpectedly we were in and saw that play, WoW !!!. In the morning we went to a little coffee place (Same street you have to take to go to the station) and the croissants and cookies were good. But instead of that, there is not much to do around. Everything close early (It was a Saturday and un Sunday maybe that's why it was quiet). This area seems to have some homeless people. But for the hotel, it was quiet and we had a great time there. It wasn't very expensive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Grange Rochester Hotel? Share your experiences!