“A good spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Victoria London

You added Park Plaza Victoria London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Victoria London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   239 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1EQ , England (Pimlico)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #223 of 1,052 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne
“A good spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The proximity to Victoria Station and Tube makes this hotel a winner. Also being out of the tourist hot spots is an advantage. Good choice of restaurants and services nearby - super market Dry Cleaner. Park Plaza offer excellent value for monist

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Graboy

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the location and the local attractions.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Nothing super special, but fully acceptable. Rooms are large, beds are comfortable, and I found the service to be efficient and very friendly. Lobby bar is particularly attractive, but drinks are very expensive.

Note that the free WiFi is limited to 512k so don't plan on streaming video or music unless you're willing to pay extra.

Dear lucada777

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. I am glad that you found our beds comfortable and service efficient.

Your comments have been taken into consideration.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Perfectly situated hotel in the centre of London, a good base for multiple meetings in the city.
The hotel is clean, modern and full of life. The staff were very welcoming and helpful.
My room was very bright and clean and the service was very quick and efficient

Dear Ian F

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you found our location perfect and our staff welcoming and helpful.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My college son and I stayed here for 4 nights. It was a great location for walking to some sites and taking the Tube to all the others. We arrived at 9am and our room wasn't ready yet which was fine. They requested the housekeepers to hurry up things and after coming back from breakfast at 11am we were able to check in. Very nice especially after a long flight!

Our room was a normal size and the two twin beds which were very comfortable. The pillows and sheets were nice. Flat panel TV was there but we never really used it, we were too busy. Closet was nice size. In-wall safe was easy to use.

The bathroom was a nice size with really nice, large towels. The odd sink that was made all of clear glass was odd but fully functional. The opaque glass door to the bathroom is fairly common at places these days but it's not a feature I like but luckily my son and I were on the same time schedule so it didn't keep anyone awake.

I was really impressed with the free wi-fi. There were faster options you could pay for but we had no problems with the connection speeds at the free rate and it worked perfect anywhere in the hotel lobby or our room on the 5th floor.

The other thing we really enjoyed was all of the outlets for electronics. There was an in-wall strip that had UK, US and European outlets all in a row. Very convenient!

There was a tiny bit of street noise but nothing to keep anyone awake. Considering you are in a downtown location it was "quiet" in my mind.

We chose not to have the breakfast included in our room after reading the other reviews. Instead, we ate across the street at Pain au Quotien and loved it. Yum! We ate there all but one morning. It's not cheap since the exchange rate is so bad right now but the prices were similar to other places.

The concierges who helped us with Tube and train info and gave us restaurant recommendations were excellent.

We had the London Pass with transit option for 3 days and really liked it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors but I'm not sure it matters.
Dear Maw8

Thank you for taking the time out to write this detailed review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and that we were able to impress you with our
Wi-Fi access. Also I am pleased that the recommendations given were useful.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

i booked into the hotel and the staff was very helpful i checked into my hotel apartment and it was great food quality is wow and its in a good location i strongly advise this option legoland is an hour away and 5 mins from buckingham palace walk

Room Tip: if you want a big room choose an apartment
Dear Shosh-maddock

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our location and found our staff helpful.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The two best things about about the about the hotel are the location and free wifi. Location wise, you're a block from Victor Station. The wifi is free for 512kbs but if you want a higher data rate, you'll need to pay for it. The 512kbs is fine for most wifi usage but if you plan on streaming movies then it's not going to work. The staff has been friendly and the concierge staff are awesome! They're great help in regards to tours and general London living. The lobby looks nice and there's a nice bar and restaurant that I have not visited. I have a standard superior room with 2 twin beds that are comfortable enough. The other nice thing is, because my flight was due to arrive early, I contacted the hotel ahead of time to let them know I was going to arrive before the check-in time. At the time, they could not promise me a room would be available without a charge. However, when I arrived they had a room ready for me.

The room is a decent size size but I can't compare it to other London hotels because I haven't stayed in any other hotel. There are US outlets so do you won't necessarily need adapters but if you have a lot of electronics, buy the type G adapters off Amazon and it allows you to use all of the room outlets, especially the ones closest to the bed. There is no mirror near the desks so it gets complicated if you want to style your hair at the desk. However, there is a full sized mirror near the bathroom that you can use, but the closest outlet is not a US outlet so you'll need the adapter. If a mirror was at the desk, because it has the US styled outlet, all you would need to do is plug your hair curlers in. In the bathroom, the counter is too small considering there is no additional counter space. Just keep that in mind. There is a glass shower door that only comes out 1/4 away from the wall, and because of this, the tub has to be dangerously high, so that the floor doesn't get soaked. You need to be very careful exiting the shower because of that high tub wall. It's tricky to navigate.

Now the not so good. The white drapes are the most filthy drapes I have ever seen in any hotel ANYWHERE! The top of the drapery is filthy filthy and I can't figure out why they are not removed and washed. It seems like a fairly simple task. I will post a picture if I can. There are unexplained stains in the chairs, that again, I can't see why the most obvious and unsightly stains aren't removed. The sink and toilet handles are tarnished making them to appear to uncleaned. Again, if I can post a picture I will. Also, outside the bathroom, directly above your head is some type of access panel, that looks as if there has been some type of repair or water damage. The problem is that it just doesn't look appealing. It makes it look unkempt. The coffee pot looks like it needs to be cleaned or replaced. There are too many unsightly issues that should have been caught by anyone walking In the room, especially anyone that would be be the maintainer of the room. Perhaps the rush to have my room ready early caused some of the appearance issues of the room. I don't know and I'm trying to be fair without being overly negative but I want to be honest. There are a ton of nit-picky things that I have not included because they could have happened in any hotel. It's a fine hotel but not one that I would choose to stay in again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Jmac248

Thank you for taking the time out to write this detailed review.

We are pleased that there are points that you enjoyed within your stay especially that you found our concierge staff awesome, which I will feed back to the team.

I would like to thank you for the constructive feedback which will be passed on and looked at in more detail.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Just stayed at this wonderful hotel, located close to London Victoria. This was my first visit to this hotel, it exceeded expectations.Customer Service was excellent. I informed the hotel I would be arriving and got an immediate and courteous response. On arrival check in was very efficient, my room was upgraded to an executive room. I had a lovely room. It was immaculately maintained with complimentary tea and coffee. Facilities included a large wide screened TV and the bathroom large and modern. I stayed in room 102 which was very quiet.
Breakfast was excellent, customer service again excelled. Staff were so friendly. You were shown to your table and immediately served with tea or coffee. Their was a wide range of continental and traditional English breakfast. Their was quantity and quality.
I will undoubtedly return to this hotel..

I will undoubtedly return to this hotel...

Dear Caroline

Thank you for the 5* review, I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations and found our customer service excellent. I will ensure your comments are passed back to the team.

I am delighted that you will return to the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rob

Been to Park Plaza Victoria London? Share your experiences!