“Awesome location!!!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, New York
“Awesome location!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We recently stayed at Park Plaza Victoria London and I was very pleased with my choice. The hotel is in a terrific location. Walking distance and practically just across from Victoria station where you can take the train or the tube to anywhere! It is also very close to the bus route if you want to go to Soho, Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster abbey, Trafalgar square, Buckingham palace...etc. Or, you can just walk to all those attractions also (we did! very nice walk to everywhere, just mind the crossings, traffic lights, pedestrian lanes! and took the bus at night or the cabs are also plentiful if you are in a hurry!). This hotel is in Central London.
The lobby is spacious and there is a big area where you can have drinks and watch the game on TV. When we arrived, a little early than the check in time, our 2 rooms were still being cleaned. They apologized, we left our luggage in their secure holding room and we went to lunch and walked around. We came back 3 hrs, later and we were checked in immediately. The desk staff were friendly.
Our rooms (1 with a king bed and 1 with 2 twin beds for our sons) were next to each other. The rooms were nice and big, comfortable beds, very clean, aircon you can adjust yourself according to how cool you want (yeaaayyy!!!, I love that because I like my room cool!) and the aircon was working great!. coffeemaker, safe, nice sized flat screen tv. Soft, fluffy pillows. My only complaint is that even though there is a mini fridge in the room, it was secured and you can't really just use it to keep your water cold.It is only for if you want to buy something, then you have to let the front desk know before hand that you intend to use the supply. Also, there is no clock in the room so no way of telling time if you don't have a watch. But we just ask for wake up call if we want to get up early and they were very reliable. The bathroom is a good size with big, thick towels. You have to pump the flush at least 2 or 3 times before it flushes! Most older facilities in London has this kind of flushing system, and don't flush the toilet paper if you don't have to because it is a challenge to make it flush down totally! For some reason, the water will flush down but sometimes, the toilet paper doesn't! And then again, some newer facilities are just fine. Nice bathroom amenities. There is a hairdryer and an iron in the room also. Enough drawer space and a closet to hang clothes. The room was cleaned very well everyday.
The concierge was very helpful in making restaurant reservation and obtaining show tickets. They were nice and effective.
I was very pleased with my stay and I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to my friends. Great job Park Plaza! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Tonerr

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a detailed and positive review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, found our location terrific, our staff friendly and the rooms to your liking.

I am pleased that you would return and recommend us to others and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Turkish first
surrey uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed as part of a work conference at the hotel, so not knowing the price paid, it is not possible to judge in terms of value etc
Conference facilities were good
Good location for BR/tube/West End connections. Very well positioned for those guests who do not want to use the hotel to eat/drink My room was of a good size with good sound proofing and with a comfy bed, The bathroom, with an in-bath shower, was fine. We had a meal in the restaurant, a tasting/tapas style menu, which would not have been my choice, but was fine for our large group meal
Breakfast was very good with lots of choices but with no designated egg chef. The staff were all friendly, courteous, and professional.
I had an issue with cleaning staff on the morning of my checkout but I am very happy with the way my concerns were dealt with by Robert Flinter, General Manager

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear JL Cgladstone

Thank you for your comments and I am glad that I was able to personally deal with your concerns.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I loved our stay here. Our room was very spacious, and the bathroom was huge! Comfortable bed, huge flat-screen TV, nice modern lighting. The staff was great as well, they were very friendly and gave us good dining recommendations. We also loved the location, so close to the Victoria station. We'll be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mari818

Thank you for your 5* review.

I am glad that you had a pleasurable stay and you will be returning.

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Went to London on Sunday to watch the arrival of the Tour de France the following day.
Travelled with my wife and one year old daughter, 30 second walk from Victoria station, lovely welcome from the staff behind the desk, they loved our little one and one chap from the concierge ran off to get her some welcome gifts which she loved.
I booked a family room via Booking.com which made it a hassle free check in as all was paid and organised.
The room was fantastic, massive with two large flat screen TV's, the coffee machine was also a nice touch as was the free water etc.
Bathroom massive to, with a walk in shower, big bath the lot.

Everyone was friendly and I'd go back tomorrow.

I just think that this day and age breakfast should be complimentary at all 4/5 star hotels, how can they charge £10+ for a bacon and egg?
Most people will use other local establishments!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Pentland0-0

Thank you for your 5* review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your whole experience especially our customer service provided by our Concierge. I will ensure your comments are passed back to the team.

Amersham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Friendly service at reception and bar. Room pre-allocated as part of work event and was of a decent size, clean and well presented. Lighting was quite stark, however - seemed to be little choice between all or nothing, which I didn't find very relaxing. Bed was quite comfortable but chair was firm and not ideal when wanting to relax and watch tv. Despite its location and being pretty full, the hotel was quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Simonlee001

Thank you for your review.

Although I am pleased that you found our service friendly and I am disappointed that you did not find our rooms up to your standards.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Salem, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great location for touring London- bus stop right outside the door and Victoria Station is a short walk away. Staff was helpful in booking tickets, advising best means of travel and room was spacious and very clean. Breakfasts included with the room were great!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
R-Flinter, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Robbie_and_Doug

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and the helpfulness of our staff.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for business in late June as it was one of my more economical choices during the wimbledon/summer peak (after a significant flight cost from Australia). My feeling on this hotel is that for personal travel, it is a perfectly fine option, but as a business hotel, it is lacking and I would go elsewhere next time.

My biggest issue was the inconsistent service. Started off strong with a couple of the girls who are very lovely on the front desk, but one of their concierge staff (guy with dark hair - name starts with a K?) could ditch the attitude. I was having issues with the toilet (which had a quirk - would only flush if you pressed the lever a certain way) and when he came up the 2nd time, he treated me like a child who couldn't do things properly. I also went to drop some laundry with him, and his delivery of 'it's past 9am' left a little to be desired as well. I don't think his behaviour is representative of all staff (one of other concierge guys- quite tall - is quite lovely). I also had an important courier delivery made later in the week - I called down to the front desk to see if it was sitting there and they told me there was nothing in my name. After following up with the courier company the following morning, it was indeed signed for the previous day, so a lot of hassle of follow up could have been avoided.

Anyhow, for a little more money, you can get a whole lot more in terms of facilities, room comfort, and service. I ended up swapping hotels for the last two nights of my stay as I was not too inspired to stay on at the Park Plaza when I was picking up the tab for two personal nights.

Pros:
- Close to Victoria station (rail/tube transport)
- Reliable wifi
- Decent breakfast

Cons:
- Uncomfortable desk chair
- Outdated decor and furniture
- Customer service inconsistent

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
R-Flinter, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Victoria London, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Leafsgirl77

Thank you for taking the time out to write this detailed review. I am disappointed to read that there were a few issues during your stay and our customer service standard did not meet your expectations. I would me more than happy to discuss in more detail, please contact me either on 020 7769 9999 or acaetano@pphe.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Alex

Been to Park Plaza Victoria London? Share your experiences!