“Excellent location - Average room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel

You added Park Hotel to your Saves list
Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Belgrave Rd, Victoria, London SW1V 2BP, England (Pimlico)   |
Ranked #815 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Thessaloníki, Thessaloniki, Greece
“Excellent location - Average room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros:
1. Excellent location, walking distance from Victoria train and metro Station and Pimplico metro station. Perfect choice if you arrive late at night from the airport with the National Express Bus.
2. Very close to Buckingham palace and Big-Ben.
3. Safe, quite, clean and luxurious area.
4. Lots of super markets and foodplaces around the hotel.
5. Very polite stuff willing to help you.
6. Clean room
7. Renovated room
8. Flat T.V.

Cons:
1. Lots of noice inside the hotel from the corridors and the other rooms. Bad acoustic insulation.
2. Small room with not much space to move around.
3. They didn't change the sheets or the towels even though we stayed 4 nights there.
4. There were no hangers in the bathroom or chairs in the main room to hang the towels and that was very inconvenient.
5. The double bed wasnt a real double and it was uncomfortable for two adults.
6. AVOID the rooms in the basement they are claustrophobic, noisy and dirty.

To sum up its a small room in an average hotel, nothing special, not the most comfortable BUT the location is great, the price was good enough for central London and is tolerable for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Stay away from the basement they have lots of noise and are kind of claustrophobic..
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

i stayed on 10 February 2015 with my wife , the room was very nice and clean and the breakfast was ok and staff was very friendly, we will book again and very cheap price , All what we need , thanks specially to Manager Mr Asif

• Stayed February 2015
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If I could give a lower rate than "terrible", I would.

We booked this hotel back in August for our stay for one night on February 14th through Expedia.co.uk.

My wife called last night to check that it would be ok to pay on arrival as we had the 24 hour cancellation option. She was assured by the hotel management that this was fine.

We have received an e-mail from the hotel today to say that the room has been cancelled as they have been unable to reserve funds on our card. We called to query this as the card has more than enough funds to cover this (despite wondering why they would reserve funds on a booking that can be cancelled upto 24 hours before staying when it's 4 days until we are staying), and we were told that it's been cancelled now and allocated elsewhere.

The hotel's response was that "there are plenty of other hotels in London" which clearly we would have booked had we known the regular shady practice of this hotel evidenced by several other reviews. Expedia, likewise clear themselves of any liability. We are now left with no hotel to stay in with all of our transport booked and paid for. As it's Valentines night, all hotels are now far more expensive than they were when we booked this in good faith.

When booking i'd take the advice of the staff at this hotel - There are plenty of other hotels in London. Stay in one of those. And not through Expedia.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Albenga, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

I ve never seen a so scandalous hotel......a lot of drafts from windows .... a lot of noise in the morning......people at work during the morning....boorish pakistan owners of the hotel.....no wardrobe in the room....really bad

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014 via mobile

We arrived the hotel for 6 nights, 3 people. The room was so small that was no place to poot all our suitcases. It really wasn't a room for 3!!!
The workers didn't agree to give us a clean towels every day even when we asked for it.
Over all the room was clean, the breakfast was ok.
I absolutely had been in a better hotles in my life.

• Stayed December 2014
New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

I had the distinct displeasure in spending a night in this sorry excuse for a hotel. I booked it via booking.com and according to the booking website I was getting a massive bargain as the rooms are apparently usually £380 per night and I got a room for only £60. What a great deal right?! Lies. all lies. if someone actually ever would pay £380 to stay in this dump I would die of shock. Frankly, I would say £30 a night would be more than fair. There were long black hairs on my duvet and sheets which grossed me out, and I was kept up all night long by my neighbours having the loudest most aggressive sex I have ever heard. Perhaps they thought they were clever by blasting the radio as well to try to cover the noise? Well needless to say, I did not sleep and I felt genuinely disgusted. I would avoid this place at all costs. never again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Well, unfortunately I have to join the group of unsatisfied guests. Just after we registered and paid for the accommodation in The Park Hotel, the very kind receptionist informed us, that he had overbooking in his hotel, but he organized for us the place in his friends' hotel few streets further and asked us to go with him. When we arrived to the new hotel, It occurred that the conditions are extremely poor in comparison to what we reserved via Booking.com - filthy bathroom, dirty bedclothes, terrible smell from the bathroom (when we opened bathroom-doors it occurred that the smell was caused by the biggest mold stain that I've ever seen - the ceiling was whole slimy-green). Additionally the lock in doors was damaged so that we had to base the chair by the door to ensure that nobody enters our room at night.
I do not really now what the conditions in The Park are - but I strongly discourage making reservations there - I can honestly say that organizational skills of hotel management team are on the very low level (Before arrival I called twice to ensure that my reservation is valid - why I was informed that everything is ok 2 days and than 5 hours before arrival?)
Think twice before you reserve your room in The Park! As I can see, my opinion is similar to some of the old ones – they should work very hard to organize everything right and than begin collecting reservations…

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!