“Rip off” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park Hotel to your Saves list
Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Belgrave Rd, Victoria, London SW1V 2BP, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #1,009 of 1,069 hotels in London
Sunny Essex
“Rip off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked a single room for one night for a business trip. Paid £44 on arrival at 2.00am which I could have done without, but so be it. The room I was put in had a double bed in it, again fair enough. On checking out the following morning they charged me an extra £10 as I had a double room. They tried to tell me I had "negotiated" this rate on arrival.
I booked this hotel as it was cheap and thought it wouldn't matter what it was like for one night but I do object to being conned. I would recommend other travellers avoid the low advertised rate and go somewhere slightly more expensive but honest.

Room Tip: Don't!
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on here, I was really apprehensive about staying here. We checked in which was quick and easy. We paid for 2 nights up front in cash as there is a 3% charge for using any kind of debit/credit cards. We were staying on the top floor which was room 18. The room was smallish but comfortably fitted in a single bed and a double. Perfect for 3 lads staying in for the weekend. There was a 19" flat screen TV on the wall which was a pleasant surprise. There was also a small wardrobe which probably wouldn't accommodate the clothes for 3 people for very long (only I put my clothes in there which made it pretty full). The bathroom was cramped and really the only let down for the hotel. Although it had clearly been recently fitted, the room had one cubicle but two showers! one electric and the other not. Both gave warm water intermittently but not together which was incredibly frustrating. Other than this, the bathroom was clean and tidy. If the shower worked, the room woul dhave got 4 stars.

Lastly, the service was good. The chap at check in was happy for us to drop our bags off and nip to the cash point to get the money. When we were leaving we had to leave our keys at the check in desk and pick them up when we came in (which was usually very late). The staff was always helpful. Overall, the hotel is very good value for money considering location. Its about 5 minutes walk from Victoria tube station and roughly 10 from Victoria Coach Station. Some good local restaurants and pubs too.

Room Tip: Ask for room 18 but make sure the shower works!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Where do I begin! This hotel needs to be shut down!!! My extended stay was horrible. It's smelly, dirty, has bugs and mold!!!! I felt unsafe and vulnerable as I step in, junkies out of my room, empty beer cans inside the room, cigarette butts all over. The management are rude and wouldn't know customer service if it bit them in the butt! Junkies and Pimps stoned and wasted here also, I had to lock the door with a chair and slept dressed in case I had to run. Please do not stay here 80 pounds a day is not worth your health!!! Obviously they will not refund your money. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! ITS NOT SAFE!!!

Room Tip: Don't even consider this one! I would recomend a park bench instead.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had an awful experience with this hotel. I had reserved for a late night arrival and the hotel said it was the day after. The staff was very rude and aggressive, and literally threw us out in the middle of the night. Still, they accepted to cancel the reservation for the day after, as it was clearly a misunderstanding. Then, after a few days, I had the surprise they had still charged us for a night we never spent there! I complained to them and also to Late Room, which was the service I had used to book it. The hotel denied everything and they refuse to refund me, even if I have proof of what I was saying. I will never again use Late Room or consider this hotel for the future.

Room Tip: do not use this hotel. do not use Late Room booking service.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Turku, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms were filthy and there were bed bugs all over the place... We had a booking for three nights, but left after one. Solrry to say, we were dumb enough to pay the rooms in cash while booking in and never got our money back :-(. DO NOT ever stay in this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel! Not even for one night! The rooms are infested with bed bugs. To the point that you'll see them crawl on the walls and ceiling. At the time I didn't realise that these were bed bugs and assumed that they came in from a window I left open and so thought all was well since I didn't notice anything strange in the first night. From reading reviews I've begun to realise that the people at the hotel KNOW OF THESE BED BUGS but they won't tell you. If you stay for one night you probably won't realise it in time. DO NOT stay here even if it's for one night and DEFINITELY DO NOT make the same mistake as me and stay for 4 nights. THE WORST NIGHTS OF MY LIFE.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room! There are no good rooms! If you're walking down Belgrave Road and you s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!