“You get what you pay for!!” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Park Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Belgrave Rd, Victoria, London SW1V 2BP, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #1,004 of 1,073 hotels in London
Leeds, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had two nights in this hotel and it was ok - basic but clean. I must admit I was very worried, deciding to read reviews for the hotel the night before travelling down and staying ove,r and reading horror story after horror story of bedbugs....shudder. The first thing we did when arriving at the hotel was to check for bugs and non were found - phew. The room was clean and a reasonable size for the money we paid. The shower had hot water. We didnt bother with breakfast, but we never bother with breakfast anywhere. We thought that the staff were friendly with us and have no complaints. We really enjoyed our trip and would use the hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place was #5 on TripAdvisor's 2011 "Dirtiest Hotels in Europe" list. It lives up to its infamous reputation. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Absolutely repulsive and disgusting. Pure filth! This is a hotel straight out of a horror movie. The first room I was in was on the top floor. It was no bigger than a closet. The window a mirrors were cracked Almost every tile in the bathroom was loose or cracked. Mold everywhere and looked like it had not been cleaned in years. There was also no hot water in the bathroom and shower. The worst part about this room was the bed bug infestation. I woke up in the middle of the night to find 15+ bud bugs on me and in my bed. I was terrified and immediately went down to the reception. The guy at the desk was responsive and gave me another room which was on the ground level. This room was in the same condition as the first room I had, but I only found 1 bed bug in there during the rest of my stay. There was stale cereal if you want to eat breakfast there. They charge to use the internet. I wanted to leave my bag at the hotel for a couple hours after I checked out. The guy at reception told me to put my bag in the dining area. It didn't feel safe, so I put it in the luggage storage at Victoria station which is only a ten minute walk. This hotel is in a good location, but it is not worth it. Stay some where else. This hotel is the worst case scenario.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I live in London and booked this hotel for a couple of friends that where staying in london for a few days. You can book cheap & clean hotel and an affordable price but this hotel take the biscuit! Its dirty full of bed bugs my friends took pictures of them and by reading the rest of reviews this problem has been on going.

Bed bugs are an awful thing to have and you can carry them from place to place so unless you really desperate but even them.... its not worth getting bitten and your blood sucked every night. I would like to say I am not exaggerating but if i can spare someone the disappointment then that good enough for me as the hotel seem to be doing nothing about it and say's that all hotels suffer from this. Well when i went 5 doors down to the holiday in and looked at the paper work from westminster council this problem does not occur in all hotel just theirs ! Wish the council would hurry up and get on their case !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in my life
Its filthy from the minute you walk into this place you are met with the stench of like old onions and mold. I took loads of photos to show how disgusting it is
everything is broken the lobby is filthy with cigarette burns on the couches
This is a hotel that was bombed my terrorists and they dont even have the respect to have brought in new couches or curtains by then
It needs to be shut down to be completly refurbished
The manager is a very abusive violent man who has no respect for anyone
The plates in the resteraunt are filthy and the resteraunt made me want to throw up as they use dirty mops to wash the floor
The resteraunt staff are rude and abusive
Dont go we left and went to a nice little one called "Ginot yam "
The park is a health and safety trap the pool is filthy and I couldnt stop scrathing they dont filter or clean anything in this place

Room Tip: The rooms are horrible only thing is nice view of beaches they will con you and tell you they are su...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Arrived at the over priced hotel that we had booked months in advance and a few weeks later all the rooms had gone down half price. The room had no TV remote, the bathroom was tiny with no bath just a shower that didnt come off the wall and we were in the basement so all night long were people walking around upstairs in the reception area which made the floorboards creak keeping us awake all night. There was loose sockets and a beatle behind the bed which i found personally disgusting! The breakfast was in the reception area and cosisted of a toaster and cups where u catered for yourself. It was crowded and small. I would not pay to visit this hotel again, it was a good 10 minute walk walking fast to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Aldridge, Walsall West Midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in the hotel two days ago. We booked on the Internet and choose it because it was reasonably priced. (£68 for double room with a Continental breakfast per night but on arrival there was a £4 charge for using my credit card).
Unfortunately we only looked at the reviews after booking and dreaded what we might encounter.
On arrival at 3pm we were told we were in the basement 'as you are the last to check in' !.
(An alternative room was offered in their nearby hotel) We looked at the basement room which had 2 double beds and a single. The room and bedding was clean as was the tiny en-suite which contained a toilet, Shower and the smallest hand basin possible (about 6" x 2.5") We decided to accept the room for two nights. There was no extra charge for the 'up-graded' room. There was a Flat screen multi channel TV on the wall. Other than a two foot square open fronted wardrobe, two bedside cabinets and 2 chairs there was nowhere to put any clothing - we used the other beds. There were 4 rooms below ground level 1 - 4 We were in Room 1 at the front of the hotel which unfortunately was under the Reception which had a very creaky floor without soundproofing. There was a large window that you could not open.
The stairs to the rooms are steep and narrow and difficult with cases.
We only had breakfast on the second morning as we had to be at the Palace for the Jubilee celebrations early in the morning on day one.
Breakfast is taken behind the reception in a room which had a surrounding work surface where one sat on bar stools facing the wall - no tables. There was a choice of tea/coffee, orange, cereals and toast with jam and butter.- all self service. It was an exaggeration to call it a Continental. Breakfast. There was room for about 10 people, so if the 18 rooms were full some would not have been able to eat in the allotted time (8am - 9.30).
On the last day we were allowed to leave our luggage for a charge of £2 per item which was useful.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and sociable and seemed anxious to please within their limitations. Their English was reasonable.
The hotel is situated on a busy road with a bus stop outside with the No 24 bus passing every 10 minutes to the heart of London. Taxis also frequently passed by. There are lots of places to eat in the close vicinity. It is close to both Victoria Main Line & Underground stations as well as Victoria Coach Station.
There are many other hotels in Belgrave Road which must have a higher standard of accommodation than the Park. It may be wiser to pay the extra for greater comfort and satisfaction.
According to other reviews we seemed luckier than most but would not recommend the Park Hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!