“Beautiful rooms, lovely building, great location....” 4 of 5 stars

The Grazing Goat
6 New Quebec Street, London W1H 7RQ, England   |
Ranked #100 of 535 London B&B and Inns
devon
“Beautiful rooms, lovely building, great location....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here one Sunday night this spring. It was a snap decision so all a bit rushed (on my part, not the establishment). The place is in a great location - a quietish street right in the city, with lovely boutique shops and foodie places. There is a terrace to dine on and a great looking restaurant - I say looking as I didn't eat.
The room was not huge but just lovely. Crisp white linen, immaculately clean, lovely touches and very quiet.
Some of the staff were a little too cool for school and foul have been a little more engaging.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We chose this place after looking at the website and the independent food reviews.
The room we were allocated had a window just over the air conditioning unit, so as we are light sleepers, the noise was a problem, however the staff were helpful and moved us to another room.
The rooms are all beautifully furnished, with huge comfortable beds and the bathrooms are equipped with powerful showers.
The food was great and the staff were professional but relaxed and friendly.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper avoid the first floor rooms at the back.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

And having seen Mexico trounce Brasil it was time dine. We arrived (we being about 25 of us) and were greeted to a really nice looking venue. The staff were friendly, the bar had outdoor dining too. Inside the Grazing Goat has a feel of a classy new era of pub that is built to serve food. There are no stools at the bar etc. If I hadn't been eating I would have felt like I was expected to eat.

Very well finished interior without appearing to formal in any way. And the toilets are really nice . I had to throw that in for those of you who like a nice toilet :)

We were upstairs and had great service throughout the meal. Great wine, we had the Sauvignon Blanc and the Malbec, both were well above average considering we'd gone house prices and not for the good stuff.

the food was only ok, Just because there were 25 of us no excuses they knew we were coming. I had the souffle to start, The Ox Cheek as a main and the cheesecake to finish myself off.

I have a rule, if I eat in a restaurant and know I could have cooked that dish better at home then I don't go for more than a 3 out of 5 for a mark, I'm an ok cook i can cook from a recipe and do a reasonable job. The Souffle although nice, was heavy, not light at all and missing flavour. I think they'd used a lot of flour and possibly twice cooked for convenience. I'm not sure so don't hold me down and beat me if I'm wrong but I've cooked and eaten a few hundred in my life and a souffle should be light with extra flavour, cayenne, mustard etc otherwise it will taste bland. This was on the bland side no matter what micro salad they'd surrounded it in.

The Ox cheek i liked in texture, cooked for long enough though the gravy was a little on the "brown" side. Brown in colour not that much oomph.

There was also a sirloin steak as part of the dish and Ox Tongue in a croquette. Sirloin should be a steak on its own or part of a TBone so you can cook it (in my opinion) rare to medium rare. This was overcooked, tough and an insult to a sirloin. There was virtually no Ox tongue in the croquette if they'd said nothing we wouldn't have notices. Everyone noticed there was nothing in it rather than the other way round.

The cheesecake was only ok,

So overall nice place, well built and really good vibe, though they do ask you leave earlier than the usual pub. we were called at 10.45. Food average, not a patch on their sister the Orange in Pimlico. Not a bad location though rather off the beaten track and not really sure why anyone would go other the locals.

See for yourself I would definitely suggest it if you want less hustle than mainstream west end and you will be pleased with what you get.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Preston, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights over the Olympics. The staff are very friendly and well trained. The food is excellent; breakfast as well as dinner all very good.
Our room was on the small side for 3 of us (13 year old son) but very comfortable, clean and well appointed.
On the negative side my wife found the room noisy and we all thought it was too hot/stuffy.
This was our second visit to this delightful little place and I think we will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Grazing Goat for 3 nights found it to be affordable, relaxed and good value for money. The rooms were really nice and really central to Oxford Street. On top of that we ate at the Grazing Goat and the food was amazing! Try to chicken & leek pie it was the best I ever ate. Also Sunday roast was to die for as you got great tender meat & a substantial serving for those who are really hungry. Overall we were really happy with our visit and will go there again next time we are in London.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This review is ONLY for the resteraunt...I haven't had the pleasure of staying at the B&B yet. The hotel where I like to stay when in London (the Victory Services Club) is close, and some friends recommended the Grazing Goat to meet up. The food is just fantastic. We had several starters to share, and a wide variety of the mains around our large group. Everybody seemed to love their food, and the drink menu was killer. My wife and I just went back last weekend, and had the opportunity to dine downstairs, and had the Sunday roast. Very nice! I like having a favorite place in each city that I frequent, and the super friendly wait staff, delicious drinks, and yummy food in this great neighborhood makes me think that the Grazing Goat will fit the bill nicely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family booked two rooms in a London hotel for two nights. We usually stay at the Mont Calm Hotel around the corner but they doubled their prices in the run up to the Olympics so we were grateful when someone reccomended the Grazing Goat. If you don't need a gym or spa and just want a very comfortable well appointed room and bathroom - which is extremely clean then this is the place to stay. Its basically a few rooms over a gastro pub/restaurant but I was very impressed - and that doesn't happen often (check out my other reviews)! The food in the restaurant for breakfast was really good. My son, who loves pancakes and has eaten them all over the world said that their pancakes were amongst the best he had ever tasted!
The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Hyde Park, Oxford and Bond Street and we had a lovely 20 minute walk to Marylebone High Street. We will definately go back again.
The only things that the could improve would be to provide safes in the rooms and a better cooling system in the top floor rooms as the fans are super noisy at night! Oh and don't go if you have trouble getting up and down stairs as there are lots of them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Grazing Goat? Share your experiences!