“Excellent party venue” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London
“Excellent party venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had my 30th birthday party at the Black Dog earlier in the month. The venue and staff really made it a birthday to remember. Excellent (and very good value) food and amazing, accomodating staff. Thanks to Cokey and all the staff for making the evening run so smootly (even down to having my own music on for the entire night!)

I wouldn't hesitate recommending the black Dog to anyone who wants to arrange an exclusive hire of a venue for 20 - 30 people in London. A faultless experience.

• Visited May 2012

92% Recommend
“Great for a party, drink or Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've been to the Black Dog for all of these sorts of occasions, and every time I have I've been impressed by the food, the choice of drinks, the cool decor, and the friendly staff. By far the best pub in the area, and actually worth a trip to. I had my birthday party there too and was really happy with it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Great venue for a private party and a great local pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Similar to the previous post I held a party at the Black Dog for my wife's 30th . We live locally and so had been in the pub a number of times. It has a great vibe and the food is fantastic.

The pub is usually closed on Saturday nights and therefore worked really well for my wife's party. The landlord and his staff looked after us amazingly well allowing; us to play our own music and have our own cake. The nibbles and canapés that they provided were first rate and all of our guests were pleased by the selection of drinks available.

Cracking venue for a party but also a first rate pub. Long live the Black Dog!

• Visited April 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing venue for a private party/event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I held my 30th birthday at the Black Dog Pub in March 2012.

It appealed as a venue as it was near my home and the interior of the pub is stylish and very suited for a private party (exclusive use, lots of space, kitchen serving freshly made food and a heated outdoor area for smokers).

I received an almost immediate response to my reseveration request setting out the food and drinks options and met with the managers twice to discuss what I wanted on the night. The food and drink options were pretty impressive and the pub was really flexible in helping to provide what I want - they even ordering in a type of liquor they don't usually stock for my friends who love it (Frangelico).

On the night, the food was amazing - everyone who came commented on it. I can't recommend the scotch eggs or mini burgers more! I was allowed to bring my own cake and pyramid of chocolate which some venues had shamefully said I would need to pay a £1 - 2 per head for as a cutting charge!

The staff were super friendly and organised. I was able to play my own music and leave all my presents at the pub to collect the next day.

On top of that - the drinks were amazingly reasonable!

By far one of best venue choices for a party that I found in London and Vauxhall!

• Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A brilliant all round pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I recently moved to Sydney from London and had my leaving party at the Black Dog for work, family and friends. I have also been going there for years for breakfast lunch. It's an awesome pub that cannot be faulted in any way. The food is superb, the menu constantly changes, and the vibe of the place is always excellent. The drinks selection is awesome. I would gladly recommend the Black Dog to anyone looking for an excellent gastro-pub or a venue for a party. While i'm happy to be living in Sydney now, i'll thoroughly miss the Black Dog!

• Visited March 2012