“Superb family run restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

+44 20 7731 0755
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapori Sardi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialties and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage.
London, United Kingdom
“Superb family run restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

So lovely to find a place that offers genuine home cooked Sardinian food.
Amazing pasta with smoked cods roe.
Good wine list.
Very friendly

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
“Excellent Genuine Sardinian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I contacted this restaurant two weeks ago while I was planning my husband' surprise birthday dinner. I was pleasantly surprised by the prompt response. Gul, the chef's wife and owner contacted me straight away and together with Piero, chef/owner we planned the special menu.
Last night we had a lovely meal. It was 7 of us and we all had a brilliant night.
We had a typical Sardinian meal: we started with antipasti misti (Sardinian cheese and cured meat) with pane carasau (typical Sardinian bread).
We then had potato ravioli and risotto with Sardinian sausage which was to die for!
The best part of the meal was the roasted piglet, cooked at absolute perfection! All this was accompanied by a lovely Cannonau (Sardinian red wine).
The staff was very attentive, smiley and friendly which definitely contributed to everyone enjoying the evening!
This is a lovely family restaurant and we will definitely be back!
I was the only Sardinian among the 7 guests and I can totally state that this restaurant truly reflects the Sardinian tradition of tasty food and hospitality!

“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had another great meal with friends at this lovely restaurant. Food is amazing and fantastically presented, restaurant is cozy and lovely and the staff very friendly and warm.
Couldn't ask for more!
Hope to be there again very soon

“Sapori Sardi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went with my boyfriend for a romantic dinner here and it was perfect. I requested a quiet table and the girl who served us took us to the back of the restaurant, which was great. The atmosphere was really cosy and intimate, so it was perfect. The staff were very very friendly as well. The food was good, I tried the swordfish which was just to my taste. I tried a bit of duck as well, which is what my boyfriend had, but it wasn't as good as my fish. But all in all I'd definitely go back

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Took my girlfriend for dinner here for her birthday and loved the restaurant so much, beautiful and nicely presented food, happy and helpful staff....will be back

• Visited June 2013