“So busy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cay Tre Soho

Cay Tre Soho
42-43 Dean Street, London W1D 4QA, England (Westminster / Belgravia)
+44 (0)20 7317 9118
Neighborhood: Westminster / Belgravia
Bristol, United Kingdom
“So busy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and we recommended to eat here and we were not disappointed.
The restaurant is more cafe style and so busy at times there are huge queues so its advised to book in advance.
A good selection of traditional Vietnamese food and of course Pho noodles.
We had a baked eggplant with crab and a beautiful sauce to start followed by a yellow chicken curry which was tremendous and a neck of lamb dish with chillies and lemongrass equally as good in taste and quality.
We will go back and try some of the other dishes and we will reserve in advance.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good food, nice staff, well priced....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wondering the streets, we found this little gem. We were lucky that they had one spare table for two. We ordered the set menu for two - The starter platter was delicious. The main course arrived and again, it was well presented and tasted good. The staff themselves were friendly, service was fast and efficient.

I will definitely come back.

London
“Interesting Vietnamese dishes with superb service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stumbled upon cay tre by chance, mulling between ceviche and burger / lobster, cay tre luckily had a table to go and air conditioning (heatwave in London). after spending ages choosing as the menu had so many things we both wanted to eat but we went for a selection of starters and mains and each was beautiful and wonderfully tasty.

The service was as good as some top notch places I've been too and even more so friendly.

The wine list good even at the lower levels.

I'd go back I a flash as this place does it like should, great service with personality and a smile and beautiful food. Go go go!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious (slightly overpriced) food, mixed service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The food here is tasty and diverse, and the flavours brought me right back to Vietnam. There is a loud but buzzy atmosphere. My one trouble was the very mixed service we received. Whilst almost all the waiters that served us were very chatty and jolly, one rudely complained to the other waiters about us taking too much time to order whilst standing at our table, which left me feeling uncomfortable and rushed. I got the feeling at this place that they are very keen to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible, rather than wanting to make customers feel welcome and relaxed. We spent over £70 on our meal (for two), and probably would have spent more had it not been for the sense of being rushed (plates snatched away as soon as they're empty, too frequent table visits by staff). I hope they learn to relax their strict rules here, and buck the current trend I'm finding in soho restaurants where you feel as if you are being treated as a walking wallet on a timer rather than a respected customer.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
England, United Kingdom
“High hopes but disappointing outcome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having developed a taste for Vietnamese food at Que Huong Vietnamese Restaurant in Bedford I was delighted to be invited to this Soho eaterie by a business colleague.

The decor is modern and tasteful - tables very small and close together though. The menu is long and varied and promises a great eating experience.

We were unlucky in having an unenthusiastic, unsmiling waitress.

My first course, Anchovy Chicken Wings was just about acceptable though very greasy. My main course, Butter Fish Curry was almost cold. I should have asked for it to be heated up but the meal had lost its excitement for me.

I am unlikely to return.

• Visited June 2013