“Great Room, great sevice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grosvenor Hotel

You added The Grosvenor Hotel to your Saves list
The Grosvenor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0SJ, England (Pimlico)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #154 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Great Room, great sevice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here just for the one night with my boyfriend and we had a beautiful, top floor room. Perfectly clean and tidy when we arrived and we had managed to get a discount too, although even if we had paid full price it would have been worth it! We filled out the breakfast forms and put them on our door for the next morning. The food arrived on time and it was delicious and there was plenty of it too! I was really impressed and it's definitely worth the extra money for the great quality. One of the nicest places I have ever stayed, in a great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted that you both enjoyed your stay and what a fantastic compliment that we are one of the nicest places you have ever stayed in! Thank you for your great feedback on breakfast, which I have shared with my food & beverage team. We hope to see you both again soon.

Kind regards, Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was suprised at my bad experience at this Hotel. Although I had booked and prepaid direct with the hotel in advance, the room was not available until 3.30pm. When I finally got to my de-lux room I discovered that although it had a very large bed, there was very little storage space for my clothes- (just half a wardrobe and no drawers), so I had to leave them in my suitcase. I had a nice view from my window but this was spoilt by the very dirty windows (external). The bathroom was reasonable but narrow and I could not figure out how to turn the hot towell rail off. In the corridor outside my room there was a housekeepers storage room, unfortunately everytime the staff entered and left I could hear an extremely loud bang from the door which constantly slammed shut very abruptly. I did complain to several staff in the corridor and I also sent a written note to the General Manager which I gave to the concierge desk. I suggested that the door closer be adjusted by the hotel maintenance team. It's such a pity that I didn't enjoy my
stay at this hotel. I hope they do something about the door closer so that others might get a better experience.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from the housekeepers storage room.
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and had to wait until your room was ready. Our check in time is 3pm and I regret that you were kept waiting until 3.30pm. Thank you for your comments regarding the door closers which I have asked my maintenance team to address. I do hope you come back to visit us again soon, please do contact me directly when you have a date in mind.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Grosvenor Hotel has a magnificent welcoming foyer and is a very keenly priced compared to other hotels in central London (Our room cost £414 for 3 nights B & B - booked with onhotels.com). £138 per night may seem expensive, but you are paying for central London and an incredibly handy location which drastically reduces taxi costs and tube fairs, never mind the timed saved travelling. We flew into Gatwick and got the Gatwick express to Victoria station which is adjacent to the hotel. Reunion Bar is a little expensive though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We have an excellent location here at Victoria, which is ideal for guests using the Gatwick Express as well as the underground and mainline stations. We have recently invested £20 million on refurbishing the Grosvenor and I’m delighted that you found our magnificent lobby so welcoming on your arrival. I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked a twin room. When we checked in we discovered we were in the wing annex overlooking the train station. The room was very small and we could have lived with that but the constant drone of the PA system in the train station was annoying. We asked to be moved to a room away from the station. Nothing was available unless we wanted to upgrade. So we upgraded to a King in the main part of the hotel on the 5th floor. The room was much bigger and had a sofa as well. Money well spent. They were very accommodating in that they showed us 2 different rooms to choose from. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and is convenient to the train station and centrally located to many things. The staff was very helpful and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the station side of the building. Although we never heard any of the tr...
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted that my team were able to move you to a more suitable room and pleased that you would stay with us again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Melbourne, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful decor and great Asian restaurant in lobby. Location is ideal. If you fly into Gatwick, you can take a train right to the basement. If you're going on to Southampton or Portsmouth you can catch your train just by going down one flight of steps to Victoria Station. Hotel is just blocks from Buckingham Palace, the Mall and within walking distance of Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.
This is a first class hotel in the best location with the best staff.

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for you post. Our excellent location here at Victoria Station, home of the Gatwick Express, mainline railway lines, Victoria bus terminals and underground connections, allows our guests to enjoy unrivalled access to the capital and many of the sights that London has to offer. I’m thrilled that you awarded us five stars and gave us the prestigious tile of the “Best Hotel in London”. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best price and service for the money. Ideally located for a first visit in London.
Ideal when you travel from Gatwick Airport to London Victoria and you just enter the hotel directly from the train Station. The sightseeing busses are just in front of the hotel to take you through the town!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted you chose to stay with us for your first visit to London and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Travelers Rest, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff went out of their way to help us. When we first arrived, we checked into our room and found the tub edge was too high for my 86 year old mother- in- law to handle and they moved us immediately to a much nicer, big room which included both a shower and a separate tub. The concierge desk personnel were extremely helpful in giving directions and answering questions. The breakfast was delicious and wait staff was attentive. I would suggest they purchase another waffle machine since it took 30 minutes for a made to order waffle, but they were delicious!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located in the wing. You can noise from the train station loud speaker.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted to read that you loved your stay with us and our team were helpful and attentive. I will certainly look into your suggestion for another waffle machine. I hope to welcome you both back to stay with us again soon.

Kind regards, Ian

Been to The Grosvenor Hotel? Share your experiences!