“The Perfect Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #144 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

All I can say is that the hotel is perfect. From the moment you walk in you will be taken away by it beauty. Staff were very friendly and efficient and it only gets better. The rooms are again very beautiful, immaculate with the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen in a hotel. The Executive Lounge is excellent, my husband and I enjoyed drinks in the evening before we went out for the night and then had breakfast in there in the morning. It really added that little extra bit of luxury and relaxation. This really is a great hotel and I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here recently for one night only and overall was very pleased with the room allocated. One issue however was finding used old cotton wool and tissues in the bin in the bathroom - obviously left over from the previous occupants. Whilst this was a little off putting it did not affect my stay and I can honestly say the room itself was lovely and well decorated (bed is very hard though!). The lobby of the hotel is lovely and all of the staff I encountered were very well mannered and helpful (especially the man that booked me in - very professional and friendly).I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is located on Victoria station so has very handy links to rail, tube and buses. It's very easy to get anywhere in London from here. Sitting on the edge of Chelsea there are lots of great shops around within walking distance. We found some lovely little shops on Ebury Street and Pimlico Road.

We had a standard twin "Wing" room on the fourth floor. Although quite a walk from the lift the corridors are lovely and high and there are some great pictures on the wall reflecting the hotel's railway history. The room was of a standard size for London. The beds were comfortable. The furniture was a little bit worn but it all worked! Everywhere was very clean.

I took a computer to plug into the tv, as advertised on the website, but although the cables fitted there was no way of switching the input so we gave up - even the helpful concierge couldn't sort out this one!

The shower water pressure wasn't great and the bathroom was very small but it was serviceable.

Breakfast was ok but nothing special. Plenty of choice but an awful cup of tea and coffee!

I would stay here again if I could get the same bargain price but wouldn't want to pay their normal rates.

All the staff we came across were very pleasant and helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Well what a beautiful hotel, we had a very warm reception on arrival and although our room wasnt ready (we did arrive 2 hours before check in) we went out and shopped and when we arrived back our case had been taken to our room which was lovely and clean with crisp linen on the beds and lovely toiletries in the bathroom. all staff were helpful from the reception staff to the concierge & staff in the cocktail bar. The cocktail bar is quite expensive with 12.5% service charge added to your bill however its what you expect & you do not have to pay the service charge if you dont want to. I paid it because the advice for the cocktails and the pleasant service of the waiter who bought the drinks to our table made it worth the while

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nantwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed there for my wife's birthday trip to London going to concert at Albert Hall. The Hotel was well positioned for transport. It was clean and efficient and we had stayed there on a similar trip last year and it remained at the same high standard as our previous visit. The added bonus was that we got a good deal.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a great Hotel and part of a well respected chain that I've used when I can afford it! Anyway, got a good last minute rate and wasn't disappointed - location great - side entrance straight into Victoria station and lots to do nearby.
Rooms were modern, light, airey and with all up to date facilities.
I'd certainly return. Just a a couple of niggles - a curtain was partially off the rail and I couldn't close it properly so a little light intrusion a.m. (They were about 7 foot in length and I couldn't do it myself and it was too late at night to call maintenance) plus in the morning, the water, whilst hot on most taps would only run mildly warm in the Bath. (Again I was in a rush and it didn't bother me too much) If these were ok it would have been 100% perfect

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Penrith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This last was a personal trip but have also stayed here a number of times on business. Customer service excellent as always, rooms are very comfortable and well equipped. The location is great for sightseeing if you're on holiday and if you want a change from the hotel there's a choice of traditional pubs, great wine bars, etc within sight of the hotel. We ate in the Chinese restaurant in the hotel on one of the evenings at it was great.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are good but its worth upgrading to executive if you can.