“Nice Central Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice Central Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on a business trip. My double room was small (typical for central London) and clean, but functional. The room was difficult to find (7th floor) required taking two lifts. Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Qualicum Beach, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Well where to start! On arrival there at the Hotel, it is nothing to look at from the outside. You come into a Grand entrance. I go to the front desk to check in and after saying hello the first words out of the womens mouth were, " WOULD YOU LIKE A UPGRADE", so I asked is it free, and her reply was NO, so I said why would I need a upgrade. No answer back. Well arriving to our room after a long flight, I know why she had asked if I wanted a upgrade. The carpet had to have been put down back in the 1700, as it was thread bare. It was Hot water heating and it hadn't been dusted off. The washroom had Mold all round in the tub/shower. The only thing that was nice was the Bedding and bed itself. Well down I went to report it to the front desk and they said go look at this other room, while it wasn't much better and you couldn't swing a cat around in the room and basically it was good for one person only, so down I went again and said I'm going out for a couple of hours, I want someone to go to that room and address our concerns. I told them I had Asthma. We left and came back and only to find NOTHING HAD BEEEN DONE AT ALL. Well I went up one side of Management and down the other side of them, as people were wondering what was going on between us, but I didn't care, as other people needed to know. We were finally given a new renovated room, after a DAY OF FIGHTING WITH THEM. I notified my Travel Agent to never sent anyone to that hotel. I did after writing to the Owners get money returned to us, which was equal to 1 1/2 days free. The Service there was terrible and the staff were not pleasant or helpful. I new I was in trouble when I heard the words, "DO YOU WANT A UPGRADE". The only reason I gave it 1 star rating was the restaruant was okay. NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED.

Room Tip: Don't go there, unless they have upgraded all their rooms. Value was awful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Buckie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at The Grosvenor in March 13 for 2 nights. Can't find any fault whatsoever. From check in, the room, the food/drink and especially the service. It was excellent. The Executive Lounge was particularly good value. Will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Executive room upgrade brilliant.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent the weekend of st. Patrick's weekend here. The hotel is lovely. There is a lovely entrance way with wide sweeping staircases and a huge chandelier. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
The room itself was very clean and quite big - especially for London standards. The bathroom was gorgeous and the standard of cleanliness was great.
As this hotel is right beside Victoria station we were happy to learn there is no noise overflowing from the station but there was some noise from the street.
It is close to all amenities and the tube is just below at Victoria station.

Overall definitely worth a stay and would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here last week as I had to attend a course in Victoria, the hotel is extremely handy for the underground and mainline station and was 2 minutes walk to Grosvenor Gardens where I needed to be the next morning.

Unlike the previous contributor I checked in around 1:30pm with no extra charge and I had booked a favourable rate through a hotel booking agency, I had very good service at checkin although my room was a little tricky to find, up in the lift and then back down a flight of stairs which wasn't explained correctly. My room was very small and overlooked the train station so i could hear the announcements quite clearly although I managed to sleep as the trains don't run all night lucikly.

I met some friends in the Reunion bar and had excellent service in there again and then we ate in the Brasserie (separate review).

The shower was very tricky with two shower attachments so i managed to switch the wrong one on and ended up with water all over the floor.

I did not eat breakfast and checked out very quickly.

All in all a very comfortable stay, the hotel is very grand and service is excellent in all areas I had dealings with and I felt very safe as a single lady travelling alone, but if I had paid the full price I would have thought it very expensive.

Room Tip: if you are bother by noise ask for a room not overlooking the station, although if you were the othe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Grosvenor for three nights in February 2013 and would highly recommend. The recently renovated hotel is beautiful, and our upgraded rooms were spacious and very nice. The hotel staff was courteous, and even gave us the room upgrade and a little something extra since we were celebrating a special occasion! We booked a special deal through their website and I found it to be a great value. Not to mention the central location and super-convenient access to Victoria Station! My only criticisms were in regard to the wireless service (the signal in our particular room was terrible, but we had no problem in my sister's room or anywhere else in the hotel), and I'd recommend skipping the buffet breakfast (overpriced for just ok quality). Instead go for breakfast in The Lounge where the menu is a la carte and the food was much better. We also enjoyed drinks in Reunion bar overlooking the bustle of Victoria before heading out for the night. All in all it was a great trip and we'll certainly look to stay here again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

stayed thurs fri sat in deluxe double with breakfast. had a room on 7th floor in 1 of the towers. limited view but very quiet. we found the hotel spotlessly clean, comfy bed, very friendly, great breakfast and the reunion bar was lovely place to be for quiet evening drinks. having victoria tube next door means getting around is quick and easy or you can walk to harrods or hyde park in 15-20 mins. over all, great location, cheery staff, lovely victorian luxury hotel which we will gladly use again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grosvenor Hotel? Share your experiences!