“Perfect 1 Night Stay, couldn't be happier!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Special from £179
Ranked #151 of 1,073 hotels in London
worthing
“Perfect 1 Night Stay, couldn't be happier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed 10 Feb with my teenage daughter. All hotel staff very welcoming, polite and helpful. All areas spotlessly clean and felt luxurious. Beds very comfortable. We had a 5th floor room with a great view and slept like logs, no sound disturbance at all. The double glazed windows also have secondary glazed panels which eliminate almost all street noise (I had requested a room facing Buckingham Palace Rd, not the station as I am a light sleeper, and this was met). At check out we were asked whether we'd like our case stored until later, this was great as our train wan't until 8pm, and it was a joy to be able to enjoy the day luggage free and pick our case up just before boarding our train. Late check out was a joy, perfect!
Reunion Bar was closed Sunday nights which was a shame but we managed time for a drink when collecting our case before heading home and glad we did, it's a lovely bar. If you're looking for somewhere in a central location and you're travelling into Victoria then look no further.
ps We didn't pay £20 pp for breakfast but headed into Victoria Stn where there is a large choice. pps If you have any requirements or expectations for your room email the hotel direct before your arrival. I will definately stay here again, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: If you have any requirements or expectations for your room email the hotel direct before your arriva...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor, London, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear NannaWorthing,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Grosvenor.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

1,462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Knutsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great hotel, what you would expect for the cost. Bedroom was spotless, bars were very efficient and staff were friendly. Great Champagne bar. For a lone dinner the Brasserie was fine also had room service which was great.
If staying for more than one night check the rate for each night, I was changed £120 for the first night and then £140 for the second.

I think £18 for breakfast was really out of order, the quality is no better than a Premier Inn that is the only negative I have found.

Room Tip: Ask for a upgrade... Worth a try, I did and got a Deluxe Double.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jonte T,

Thank you for the great review of the Grosvenor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and our Champagne Bar, Reunion.

Our breakfast prices are comparable with other Hotels in the area but we do also offer an A La Carte breakfast in our Lounge with dishes individually priced for guests that do not wish to have the buffet breakfast.

Thank you again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The reception to this place is very beautiful, and all the staff are very welcoming. Check-in was swift and staff were very attentive to any requirements that I may have had.
The bathroom, although small was very well presented with excellent fittings and fixtures. The Boss docking stations are a nice touch but useless to myself as I have the iphone 5. The TV had few options, but when in London who watches TV. The bed was comfortable enough with plenty of pillows.
One thing I noticed that was slightly disappointing was a glass that was left opposite my door in the hallway for the full three days two nights of my stay.
Also slightly irritating were the bar staff that I had to call persistently when my drink was empty, especially when I was sat at the bar!

All in a very nice visit, and a good location for sightseeing expeditions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Michael H,

Thank you for the great review.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also for the constructive feedback, I have shared this with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at the Grosvenor for two nights recently. We were on a Travelodge budget with high expectations of being able to find somewhere more luxurious, and we hit the jackpot with The Grosvenor and their special winter offer (booked directly with the hotel through their website).

Our room was quite small, but exactly what we expected for what we had paid, and was very well equipped with an extremely comfortable bed - perfect for an active couple who wanted to spend more time exploring the city and literally use the hotel for a shower and sleeps.

The location couldn't have been better (we felt very safe at all times). It occupies two corners of Victoria Station and whereas we were overlooking the roof of the station at the back of the hotel, other than the odd noise from the station tannoy, we were undisturbed and slept very soundly. The hotel is literally five minutes from Buckingham Palace, across the road from the Red Line on the "Original Bus Tour" (which we were disappointed with!), and 30 minutes walk from the West End. There are also a few nice cafes nearby for breakfast if your room price doesn't include this.

All in all, if I could get a similar deal again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at The Grosvenor - it was a superb London stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JollyHollidayer,

Thank you for the superb review of the Grosvenor

I was pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our Winter Sale promotion and please do keep an eye on our web page for fantastic offers and a best rate guarantee.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Derby England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed one night at the hotel as it was a gift from our children whilst in London to see a show. Lovely old hotel with all the standards you would expect, liveried doormen to carry your bags from the taxi, concierge, reception staff etc. However access was a problem for me. Every door required me to use stairs. I don't know if there is disabled access, I never saw it and it was never mentioned, although it is obvious that I have mobility problems.
If you use a chair, check before booking.
Our allocated room was on the 7th floor which means it is in the 2nd building - up the lift to the 4th floor, exit lift, trek through the building, across the staircase landing to the second building, past the service lift along the corridor (not too far) into the wing lift, up to the 7th floor, past the gym and eventually to our room. As someone who is mobility challenged, trust me this is a trek!.
As has been previously mentioned in reviews, our room was small... the bathroom was very small, but both rooms contained all the required items, with the exception of 2x chairs. An office type, upholstered, swivel chair is provided (don't lean back or you will be off) at the work surface but if there are two people (it was let as a double room) it means that one person has to lay on the bed. Not particularly good if your waiting to go out. Please don't get me wrong, I realise you get what you pay for but on this occasion I'm not sure! There is a mini bar in the room, it contained two bottles of water.
We found the hotel spotlessly clean and the staff helpful. Get used to hearing the words 'your very welcome' as they trip off the staffs tongues with such ease. We ordered extra pillows from housekeeping, and they arrived within 15minutes. Well done.
We ate in the brasserie at 1600hrs, although there was some discussion amongst the staff as to whether there was a table available. Only one other group of four used the brasserie in the 11/2 hours we were there. The food was well presented and I believe provided value for money. In the morning we eat in the lounge, 2x tea, 2x coffee, 2x slices of bread toasted and a 'London doorstop' (toasted bacon sandwich with a side of 2x has browns. With service charge, £36. Not sure this was value for money.
I have tried to be as honest as possible. A nice hotel in a great position for visiting this part of London - the palace, the royal mews etc.
Would we stay in the Grosvenor when we are down in a couple of months to see another show? Probably, but I would definitely be talking to the hotel about access and room choice. If I'm honest, breakfast will be taken in a nearby cafe!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear retiredbigboy,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.

The Hotel dates back to 1862 and was unfortunately not designed with accessibility in mind, whilst we have updated the Hotel extensively recently because we are a grade 2 listed building there are still areas of the building that are quite a walk or accessed via several lifts.

I would certainly recommend that anyone who requires information regarding Hotel or bedroom access drops me a note so we can ensure the room allocation and building access options can be discussed.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I planned a weekend in London with the main purpose of seeing the Cirque du Solielle in the Royal Albert Hall.
The plan was to take a National Express coach from Southampton to Victoria coach station, and then walk to the Grosvenor, about 10 minutes away. Snow however delayed the coach, and we ended up catching a train to Waterloo. A taxi from Waterloo to the Grosvenor cost us £10..00.
We had pre booked the hotel, and as we needed to be at the show by 1500, had asked for an early check in. This is not available, unless we booked an executive suite, which added an amount to the normal rate, of £60.00 per night extra. We booked this facility. Included in this extra was the use of the Executive lounge. When we arrived at the hotel, we were processed quickly and efficiently at the desk, and were soon in our room/suite. The suite is very large and airy, and well set out for ease of use. The spaces for storage are adequate, and the facilities available also adequate. The bathroom proved to a bit of a challenge, as we battled to find out how to get the water in the shower to warm up. The shower/bath tap arrangements could do with a small sign on the wall, advising which taps operate which item, and how water temperature is controlled. Otherwise the bathroom and the items supplied therein, including bath robe, were adequate. In the bed room, the airconditioning was a bit of a challenge, and once again, a notice advising what to do to get the temperature you want, would be useful on the wall next to the a/c controller. With the help of the reception by phone, these problems were sorted out.
The beds are the best part of the room, being extremely comfortable. I for one, like a soft matrass, and these were just right. Pillows plump and soft, duvets did the job. Overall the room. suite was adequate, and we were pleased that we had decided to go for the upgrade. One downside was the noise emanating from the station concourse next door, and outside our window. I presume the bad weather had caused many railway delays and train changes, as the muffled tannoy voice was continuous. It was at that noise level where it just manages to get to you every time..! I would suggest ask for a room away from the station side, and risk the traffic noise being lesser. My wife uses ear plugs so had no problems with this.
We ate once in the lounge area downstairs, and the service was first class, and the food up to standard, if a bit expensive, to be expected in London. Our breakfasts we had in the Executive lounge, where we enjoyed an excellent service, with an adequate food range. We used this facility in the evenings as well, and enjoyed excellent service here, with free drinks and snacks. We used room service once, and this proved to be quick and efficient. There is a gym, but you need a satnav to find it..! With the assistance of the reception I eventually found it, as it was in another wing of the hotel. I would like to see signage at all of the lift points, leading to the gym, or a map in the room, showing where to go. I used the stairs to good effect, and by the time I found the gym, was exhausted..!
The "problems" I have listed are not criticism's but merely suggestions for improving the much enjoyed experience.
Check out was very easy, as we did this whilst at breakfast, in the Executive lounge. We thoroughly enjoyed the stay, which, whilst expensive for country people, was all one could ask for in comfort and friendly, efficient service.
The hotel is on all the bus routes to the City, as well as the underground system.
It is surrounded by an alternative variety of eating houses, and the London taxi service is always available, outside the front door.
We will be back..!
We tried the Imperial Chinese restuarant, part of the hotel, which is reviewed under separate cover.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side to the railway station may be quieter. If you can afford it, choose exec...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pisces616,

Thank you for the detailed review of the Grosvenor.

I always discuss Tripadvisor feedback with my team and thank you for the constructive comments

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for one night on business trip. Bedroom although quite small was excellent and offered all that was needed, with a comfortable temperature.Bed with soft pillows was very comfortable, free Wi fi, tea & coffee tray, safe, work space. Bathroom again small but offered all that was needed with nice complimentary toiletries, plenty of thick towels. Room was very quite even though the bedroom window overlooked Victoria railway station did not hear one train. Staff were very friendly and attentive and the restoration of the hotel is superb. Breakfast buffet style again very good with plenty of choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Malteasers194,

Thank you for the great review, I was pleased to reads that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Michael Parker – General Manager

Been to The Grosvenor, London? Share your experiences!