“Gorgeous Grosvenor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grosvenor Hotel

You added The Grosvenor Hotel to your Saves list
The Grosvenor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0SJ, England (Pimlico)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #152 of 1,050 Hotels in London
“Gorgeous Grosvenor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Excellent location to explore London from when you are a little short on time. Fantastic in house restaurants, bars and lounges. Rooms well appointed and very clean. Value for money with a lot of options for dining in the area as well.

• Stayed November 2012
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear smo_yamei,

Thank you the amazing review of the Grosvenor

It’s always a pleasure to read such positive feedback.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very grand hotel perceived when you first arrive, the reception/lobby area is magnificent as are the stair and hallways. This illusion is swiftly over when you get to your room. I have never been in a room so small! Avoid the single rooms at all cost. Perhaps I was unlucky and received a particularly small room but for the price I paid I expect far more. I could quite literally touch the width of the room with arm and leg without going horizontal - I tried. So say 5' wide.
Later on in my stay I changed my booking and was 'upgraded' to a twin room which was far more comfortable.
No minibar in either room.
Excellent gym and I spent a considerable time there as I didn't have much else to do.
At breakfast the restaurant was usually quite busy but worth going as the full English was excellent and the staff was mostly friendly.
I wasn't overly impressed with the restaurants at evening time but I wouldn't say exceptionally poor.
For roughly the same cost I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton during the same month however I would certainly prefer the Grosvener.
Free Wifi is a plus and the speed was good.
Business center - appalling. A hotel as large as that with only one computer and no scanner (there was one there but not hooked up) is poor.
I expect more for the price but perhaps I am deluded in thinking this is the case in London-Victoria.
Oh and I'm still waiting for a copy of my invoices - it has been two weeks now since my stay and several emails have been sent requesting the scans. Should I send some more reminders?
FM.

Room Tip: Make sure you at least get a twin room. I cannot believe a hotel in London is selling single rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Frazworldtravels,

Thank you for your review of the Grosvenor.

Our standard single rooms are indeed quite small and these range from 16 to 20m2, they do however offer great value for money for short stays in London. I was pleased that we were able to change your room to a larger twin for the second part of your visit.

Our business lounge does offer basic complimentary facilities to access the internet and print off boarding passes etc but we are currently looking at the offering in this area and your comments for scanning facilities will be noted.

I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our Gym facility and also our Wi-Fi which has been upgraded and is now free for all guests.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

first the good, fantastic location, part of victoria station, but no noise, impressive hotel, great bedrooms, great reception and concierge staff, nothing to fault all up to standard of a hotel of this grade,

the not so good, the bar staff, awfull, waited and waited, and ignored, at the bar to be served, offered to pay for drinks was told do it later, offered to charge it to room was told no problem do it later, when i had to leave to go to room to get something, was stopped , ''you must pay'', i was told, ''but ill be back'', no you pay now, ''heres my room card charge it,'' no you pay now, i was made to feel like a criminal , awfull customer service, rude and quite agressive, then the breakfast, get there early , if not be prepared to queue in the corridor, once seated i was told the staff will serve tea coffee and toast, hmmmm only if you ask 3 different members of staff , six times and sit and wait and wait and wait, to be fair though i think they were understaffed in this area, and the staff that were working very hard hard were overwhelmed,

overall a great hotel , cant fault it, but please sort the bar staff, rudeness and ignorance are not a good reflection on a good hotel ,

Room Tip: get to breakfast early, and if you want a drink in the bar, get there even earlier,
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear rj4949,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.

I will speak to my Bar Team regarding your comments as it was disappointing to read that we did not show our normally high levels of customer service and we will ensure this feedback is taken on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to drop me an e-mail personally if I can assist with any future booking.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

Almeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our recently refurbished room was large, quiet and comfortable with all the amenities expected of a 4 star. The Reception, Concierge, Cleaning and Lounge staff are all extremely pleasant and polite. The location is terrific, being adjacent to Victoria Railway Station - handy for the tube, mainline rail, Gatwick Express and Big Bus Tours. Short walk from Westminster, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park. Afternoon tea in the lounge is a real treat, dainty sandwiches, fancies and scones with jam and cream. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CoinaAlmeria,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent the weekend at the Grosvenor and I cannot commend the staff enough for making it very special for my Fiancee' and I. It was a special occasion as I proposed to my Fiancee' on that weekend. We were within an Executive room with access to the Executive Lounge and the experience will never be forgotten. On arrival we were met by the assistant manageress Ines Weifenbach who escorted us to the Executive reception area and gave us a fantastic welcome. On returning from proposing to my Fiancee', we were given our rooms earlier than expected. The room was first class, sheer luxury. The room was spacious, elegant and had all the facilities as described on the Grosvenor website. The Executive Lounge was brilliant. Breakfast till 11am, tea, coffee and snacks served during the day and alcoholic beverages in the evening. The staff were really nice and helpful, I cannot praise them enough for making our stay comfortable as well as memorable. Special thanks to Ines and her staff. Peter, Natasha and Sandra within the Lounge, you were all great, thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear James238_12,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Grosvenor.

I was so pleased to read we were able to make your special weekend one to remember.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and don’t forget when making plans for your special day that we make a great destination for weddings!

Greenwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent a week at this wonderful hotel. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was very good, and gluten free toast was provided upon request. The location was great for touring, right above Victoria Station and next to several bus lines. Staff was wonderful and so helpful in all areas. Will stay again next time I am in London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan R,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Grosvenor

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Grosvenor is a large cavernous hotel adjacent to Victoria Tube Station. Our bedroom was in the “wing” which meant a lengthy walk involving two lifts which is a bit of a hassle if you leave something in your bedroom. The bedroom was comfortable and delightfully quiet which for a London hotel was a big plus and made the mile long hike to get to it a worthwhile chore. Sheets weren’t big enough for the bed and the pillows very uncomfortable; hard and the thickness of a small paperback. Despite our request room service seemed uninterested in supplying additional pillows. Although there were queues for breakfast the self-service food was good with plenty of choice. The lack of tables meant that lingering over a leisurely breakfast was out of the question as the breakfast manager politely moved guests on. Despite dire warnings from other guests we ate in the hotel Brassiere where we found the food to be good and tasty however the service was appalling, our desert order was forgotten and then we were charged for dishes we hadn’t ordered. Staff are sweet and polite but so disorganised, management seems not existent and we didn’t find a single member of staff whose first language was English. Despite our problems we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is positioned close to Buckingham Place and access to the “sights” is by a lovely walk along the Mall or alongside St James Park Lake.

Room Tip: You need to be fit to take on the journey to the bedrooms in the wing. Wing bedtooms are quiet thoug...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PhilReed186386,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review of the Grosvenor.

The Hotel dates back to 1862 and the wing bedrooms were added on in the late 18 hundreds, these rooms are indeed a bit of a walk from Reception. We have just added a new lift into this wing to improve access to the higher floors and the Gym but as we are a grade 2 listed building I am afraid we are unable to make the journey to these rooms shorter.

I have passed your feedback on to my team to review and thank you for these constructive comments.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Michael Parker – General Manager

Been to The Grosvenor Hotel? Share your experiences!