“Reliving old Memories!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Grosvenor Hotel

You added The Grosvenor Hotel to your Saves list
The Grosvenor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0SJ, England (Pimlico)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #153 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geelong
“Reliving old Memories!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at the Grosvenor for two nights past. I did this because 30 years ago I travelled from Australia with my parents and stayed here. Put simply the 30 years must have dulled my memories! The service was great and the hotel has a pretty impressive foyer. It is in a great position to discover the sites of London especially Buckingham Palace. I was really disappointed with my room. I am a fairly big man and stretching out my arms, I could nearly touch both sides of the wall. I am not sure if I was in an extra small room or whether I payed a "cheap" rate, but it was probably the smallest room that I have ever stayed in in my life! I know that I am big, but I could hardly sit on the toilet as I was jammed up against the wall frame. The room was right at the end of a corridor, so I am not sure if this was a standard. I am due to stay again this coming Thursday and Saturday nights, so I guess I will be able to comment further on room size then. I guess things always seem bigger when you are ten!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear damestar1971,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review

It was great to read that we exceeded your memories for the service and Lobby arrival experience in the Hotel from 30 years ago.

I am sorry that you found your room to be small, as part of our recent refurbishment we have removed 50 of our smallest rooms and re graded all of our bedrooms by size. Our standard single rooms are indeed quite small and do range from 16 to 20m2, they do however offer great value for money for short stays in London.

Please do feel free to speak to one of my team on a future visit as we do offer other room types which are much larger than our standard singles for a small supplement.

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bemidji, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

absolutely an ideal spot to stay for sightseeing in london. as other reviews have stated. the location, within walking distance of churchill war museum, buckinham palace, parliment, westmister abbe, and other sites, and being right adjacent to victoria station make this location absolutely wonderful. it is as well as a fine hotel with a fine staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear gretchen b,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to the UK.

Hamilton Square, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

After having a room glitch which was immediately remedied, we enjoyed a 7-day stay at The Grosvenor. I have to say the best of this hotel are the gentlemen who staff the concierge desk, in particular, Pavel who helped us straighten out the room debacle and the wonderful guy from France (Miguel, i hope I got your name correct, if not please forgive me) who has been there for 28 years and still loves his job!! Keep up the good work, you do make a difference. And thank you to the housekeeping staff who work tirelessly and the servers who work so hard during the breakfast rush. We want you all to know you are appreciated!!
From the ladies in Rm 665 (9/23 - 9/30).

Room Tip: I recommend a wing room which I think are worth the walk! The higher the floor, the more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jtc21,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review.

It’s always great to read such positive comments and I always pass this on to the team.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back on a future trip to London and please feel free to drop me a note personally if I can assist in any way.

My personal e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

Teteringen, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We arrived on Friday late afternoon and could perform the check in immediate. The deskemployee ( Ashleigh ) was very pollite and told us everything we needed to know about the hotel, more then once mentioning that if we had any qouestions, we could ask at any time. The room itself was beautiful, enormous high windows, wonderful bathroom ( wich was very clean ), couch, desk and a closet with as a detail, lighting when opening the door, wich is very convenient. As a tip from the management and the other staff, we went ( equipped with umbrella, received from the concierge ) to covent garden the same evening, and although it was raining, we had a perfect evening and returned to the hotel tired but in a very good mood. We are both very picky when it comes to beds and not many hotels get away with a good score, but this one sure did, we slept like a baby and woke up much later then usual. After a quick shower, we went down for breakfast in the brasserie. The breakfast was good, not exeptional ( great coffee though ), but it almost never is when it comes to continental breakfast in an english hotel and that's the only remark I can make as where the hotel can improve, if they've had more choice, it would have been a perfect 10 hotel. I won't bore you with the rest of our personal stories in London, but I will stick to everything important : Hotel location : is perfect, almost in Victoria station, we found it easy to walk to Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, St.Pauls etc. but I can imagine if you rather take the tube. The hotel itself : is just the way we like it, an old historic building wonderfully restored, nice features, well, go and see for yourself. The service: is really outstanding, everybody, from the Management, concierges, reception, employees in the brasserie, champagne bar etc. etc. is amazing, I think they would do practically anything for you.
Sleeping quality : I read some earlier comment about the hotel being a little noisy, but I can't say I / Or we for that matter share that opinion, not saying it could not be true, because we had a room at the front side of the hotel, which is on the other side of Victoria Station, but as also mentioned earlier, the horel staff will be more then willing to assist, and you can always ask for a front side room when booking. Hygienë : Bathroom was very clean, the room itself as well, but due to allthe fabric used ( Curtains, Flooring, Couch, Bed etc. ) it will attract dust earlier. Glasses, Minibar ( Fridge ), towels etc, very clean as well. I / We, would highly reccomend this hotel to anybody. We had a wonderful weekend celebrating our anniversary and we want to thank Mr. Michael Parker and his entire staff for the warm welcome we received. Next time we will visit London, we will be sure to contact you again. Thanks again!

Marc Geerlings and Anita Geerlings-Planjer

Dear Anita G,

Thank you for your fantastic Tripadvisor review.

I was so pleased to read that we were able to make your visit to London enjoyable.

I have shared your wonderful comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just spent the weekend in London, staying at the Grosvenor. What a lovely hotel. We got a great deal for our room and we were really pleased. Our room was on the top floor, which entailed using two lifts but this was not a problem. Our room was very nice and was exceptionally clean as was everywhere else in the hotel, , and the bed was really comfy. We had the window open and even with construction work going on everywhere there was not much noise. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The refurbishment of the hotel is fab. I would definitely stay again, and would recommend it to others.

Dear SueChestnut,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review.

It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Sussex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Grosvenor is situated right by Victoria station so, if like us you are travelling from the south of England it is perfectly located. There is even an entrance in the station concourse. Otherwise it is well located for a short walk to Buckingham Palace, St James Park, Hyde Park or Westminster. It was my 50th Birthday weekend and we were offered an upgrade to an Executive room on the 6th floor. Not a huge room but well equipped and quiet. The lighting was a little dark but comfortable. We paid a visit to the Champagne Bar before leaving for dinner - very pleasant. Breakfast was generally of good quality although the service was a little chaotic. We were shown to a table that somebody else was already using. We had to ask twice for coffee and twice for toast before getting any. The hot food was in short supply with a queue of people waiting for the trays to be refilled. Hot food was tasty though. Pastries were somewhat dry and there was a surprising dose of chilli in the nuts that were next to the cereals and fruit. In summary - a beautiful building in a lovely location. Staff excellent but breakfast needs some attention.

Dear MidSussex,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your 50th Birthday weekend.

Thank you also for the feedback regarding breakfast, my Food and Beverage team will review these to see what improvements can be made.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Laconia, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Spent four days in Sept as part of a tour of the UK. Adjacent to Victoria Station, the location was ideal with access to the tube and a five to ten minute walk to Buckingham Palace, Hyde park, Westminster and the Thames. Great restaurants nearby (Sea Fresh, About Thyme, Kazan). Buffet breakfast was good but service quite sparse. Room in the annex was pleasant, a bit of a walk but not unreasonable. Overlooked station, but noise was not a problem. Beds quite firm. Wifi at extra cost, but worked well. Concierge helpful. Would stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grosvenor Hotel? Share your experiences!