“Brilliant hotel and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Grosvenor Hotel

You added The Grosvenor Hotel to your Saves list
The Grosvenor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0SJ, England (Pimlico)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #155 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
ROTHERHAM
“Brilliant hotel and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This was our 1st trip to London, my family planned a weekend theatre break and they decided to choose The grosvenor and so pleased that they did. On arrival the hotel was under massive rennovation but when you walked into the lobby wow what a beauty, the Grand Piano and lovely decor, the reception staff are very friendly and so helpful. As we were too early for the rooms we left our luggage with the concierge very safe and went for a good look round the hotel and London. The hotel is straight outside Victoria Station and during the day you can use the back door which is positioned inside the Station itself and it's a little tricky to see but once you've found it takes you straight into the reception. The hotel rooms were in the old part, we found them very clean and tidy, Spacious enough for me and my husband sharing for our 2 nights stay The bathroom suite was looking a little old and outdated but still clean. The breakfast area was excellent, fresh tea & coffee served to the table but everything else was self service, the only slight problem we found was the food area was too small so at peak times if you was in the que by the time you arrived back to the table the food was getting cold. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and look forward to returning myself to see the finished touches.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear PADDOCK07,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I am pleased to say that we have now fully finished the renovations here at the Hotel and the Grosvenor has been very much brought back to its former glory.

Please feel free to view the Guoman Hotels web page where we have all of our new pictures

I look forward to welcoming you back to show you round.

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had stayed for a business trip near victoria for couple of nights, The breakfast service was delightful and the restaurant manager was very polite too. I would surely stay there again. The food in both the restaurants was amazing. Although there were couple of issues with the staff but the restaurant manager took care of everything and made the stay very comfortable. Would Definitely recommend the hotel to anyone, who needs quick access to Victoria train station. Best in class.

Room Tip: Negotiate the price they would consider it :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nitesh K,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my Restaurant Manager was on hand to make sure you were comfortable

I hope we will see you again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at the grosvenor for my fiances 40th. The staff at the hotel were so friendly. We arrived at midday and found our room was not ready (we did arrive 2 hours before check in on the off chance it would be). We received a complimentary upgrade to an executive king. The deluxe room we had initially been given was a great room anyway. I don't think you can beat the location. I would not fault this hotel at all and will definitely stay again. I would highly recommend the grosvenor.

Stayed April 2012
Dear emmaplows,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review.

It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and I am pleased we were able to help make your fiancées 40th memorable

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and size of the rooms. The hotel has direct access to Victoria Station, and is in the theatre precinct. Roomj was quite large, bathroom very large, and the whole feel quite luxurious by London Standards. We managed a rate of around AU$150 for a superior room which is great value.

Didn't try the hotel restaurant or other facilities so cant comment on these.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bruce3188,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the location of the Hotel suited your needs

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great location. Only blip would be the bathroom floor was very wet after showers. Shower itself was lovely, bathroom clean. Room tasteful and comfortable. Nice atmosphere. Staff overall were friendly and efficient. We were able to check in early. You would not know you were so close to Victoria Station and while soundproof was good we stayed in a wing room and there was some noise like scaffolding being put up or dismantled well into the early hours of Sunday morning. Outside their control it was London marathon weekend and overall our stay here added to a memorable visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear izitryte4,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you had a memorable stay with us

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Atherstone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

What a lovely experience. Top quality at a reasonable price for the London area. Breakfast was great. Had an upgrade to my room so I was on the same floor as my son. Everything just pure quality. First stopped in November 2011 and then booked again for a second trip I had to take in January. Great location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Tracey B,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review,

I was really pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay and that your breakfast was great.

I look forward to welcoming you back

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed for a weekend at The Grosvenor, on a Standard double room. The hotel is very well located (adjacent to Victoria Station), so it's quite convenient if you are flying to Gatwick. Very close to Buckingham Palace, Westminster, etc.

I don't recommend it if you fly to Heathrow, London City, Luton or Stansted, as it's very usual the Circle and District Underground line (two of the three lines connecting to Victoria) to be closed on weekends for upgrade works.

The hotel has been thoroughly refurbished, so it's brand new. The rooms are quite good, both on size and equipment. Bathrooms are spotless.

The only negative point can be the noise; certain rooms face the (very busy) adjacent streets, and the windows are not soundproof at all, so be sure to check if the noise level at your assignated room is acceptable for you. If it's not, ask for a change.

Room Tip: Check the noise level of your assignated room before unpacking; if not happy, ask for another one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear redderzooming,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back

Michael Parker – General Manager

Been to The Grosvenor Hotel? Share your experiences!