To start this review, I feel the need to mention that my friend and I got a great price on our stay at the Royal National. We only paid about 35€/night each, so I didn't expect a luxury hotel.
I would definiely consider staying there again as its location is excellent: close to King's Cross/St Pancras, very close to Russell Square underground station, walking distance to the British Museum and many other places.
Nevertheless, there are a lot of pros and cons to staying at this hotel:
- Our room was quite comfortable and clean
- Big bathroom
- Breakfast is included
- Kettle with tea/coffee in the room
- No wifi in the room (the one in the lobby worked well for us though)
- A bit noisy
- The hallways are a bit tired
- Breakfast is not the best
- The employees are not always the friendliest (they were not plain rude either)
Overall, I would say this is a good place to crash after a day of sightseeing, and you get what you pay for.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Royal National Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal National London
- Hotel Royal National
- Hotel National Royal
- National Hotel London
- Royal National Hotel London, England