“What a hotel! Friendly & efficiency personified. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Notting Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 12% OFF
Ranked #384 of 1,050 Hotels in London
“What a hotel! Friendly & efficiency personified. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We are a mid twenties couple and were impressed from the beginning with the professional attitude and courteous nature of the staff.

We arrived at the hotel early and the staff were very helpful in checking our luggage in and storing it so that we could explore London. We returned several hours later ready to check in to find that the hotel had chosen to upgrade our room... To the Lily Langtree suite with their compliments. The hospitality, comfort and sheer delight that the staff show in assisting the patrons of the hotel is admirable.

Our entire stay was comfortable on every level and breakfast was equally excellent. Such a well managed and stocked affair with waitresses on hand to refill coffee as and when required.

Particular mention to Anifa, Rita, Gina and Gelu who helped make our stay that little bit more special. Every member of staff deserves a mention but these were all we could note down!

We will certainly be returning again; room upgrade or not! The ambience and style of the hotel is fantastic and was exactly what we had expected.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Strasbourg, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We use the Grand Royale for our out-of-town staff when they work in London. The team does a great job of ensuring our room preferences and is always welcoming when we stay.
The rooms are small, but well-appointed, clean and comfortable. Additional lighting is a new addition, as well as new carpets in the main areas. All in all, we are happy to use the Grand Royale for our team.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Me and my partner booked a room for New Years, in August 2014. On arrival we were amazed at how beautiful everything looked and felt to be honest, rather underdressed as everything was so posh. Our room was beautiful(small but in a cute way).
We went to winterwonderland at Hyde park 31st December 2014 and arrived back at the hotel late that night, the staff who had been working all day greeted us with smiles and asked how our day was, and if we enjoyed ourselves, it was so lovely:) our room was tidied to a high standard when we came back, and extra coffee and tea has been left. We stayed two nights and highly recommend this hotel to couples who want a romantic trip away to London. Overall amazing trip and we cannot wait to come back this August for another short break to London, thank you :)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Comfortable room with efficient aircon. Great location, being 1 minute walk from Queensway tube. Wi fi was good and easy to access. Check in and check out was quick & efficient.
Highlight was the excellent breakfast buffet, with friendly and attentive staff.
All round very good hotel and good value for central London.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am going to preface this by saying that my review was SO close to five stars, but I just couldn't do it in light of some of the things that happened on our stay.

1. We were given a room in the basement. This was one of the more deluxe "Club" rooms, so one would assume it would be nice. Not so! It was extremely dark, had uneven floors, and smelled faintly of the nearby washrooms. However, when I asked for a room change (I've never done that in my life!), the lovely front desk assistant understood immediately and arranged for us to be moved for the next night. So I don't consider this to be so bad.

2. In our first (and only) night in the basement room, there was a truly massive beetle in the bathroom at night - massive by my city girl standards - about 3.5" long. It moved fast. I know I am a wuss, but this wasn't your average pest, this thing looked like it was from the tropics.

3. This is the most egregious one - we were overcharged by over ₤1500 for our six-night stay. Apparently someone in the reservations department had been tinkering with the room prices and inadvertently bumped ours. We booked directly through the hotel's website weeks earlier. I honestly don't care how it happened, but the fact is that if we hadn't noticed, we'd be out almost $3000. I honestly think that an error of this magnitude warrants some kind of reparation, but we didn't receive so much as a note acknowledging their error after it had been fixed. Heck, another mini bottle of wine and some of those chocolates would have done the trick. Really, very bad form on the part of the management.

All this being said - I believe we had some exceptionally bad luck during our stay, and that otherwise it was a clean, very attractive, conveniently located, and comfortable place to stay. The breakfast was outstanding (especially the staff!), the front desk staff and bell boys were top notch, and we were accommodated beautifully the whole time.

It's a real shame that our experience was, ultimately, soured by the events of the first day. But seriously, if I wanted to be conned out of an extra ₤1500, I would've gone to the Ritz.

Room Tip: Definitely avoid ones in the basement, and since even the Club Twin room was exceptionally tiny, I w...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Dana H,

Thank you for having shared this detailed review on Tripadvisor. Although I am relieved to see that your overall impression of the hotel remains a positive one, I am very sorry for the series of mishaps you experienced during your stay. I am glad you were more comfortable in the second room, and that the room move was handled in a professional and helpful way, however very sorry that you had to go through the inconvenience of changing rooms in the first place.
I was disappointed to see your comments regarding the beetle in your ground floor room, and rest assured this has been addressed internally with our Housekeeping Team. Although we do have rigorous Housekeeping Standards, it is indeed possible that one may have slipped in through the windows when they were open, and for the scare it must have undoubtedly caused you, I do apologise profusely.
Finally and most importantly, please allow me to apologise for the error made in charging your reservation, but even more so, for the lack of follow up you experienced at the time. I can only take full responsibility for this, as this mistake did slip through the net and I failed to contact you personally at the time with an apology.
Despite the different mishaps that occurred during your stay, I do hope that your recent experience has enticed you to stay with us again the next time your travels take you to London, and I would like to let you know that I willl personally be managing your future stays to ensure henceforth you will have nothing bu the best of experiences at the Grand Royale.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Grand Royale Hotel, is located very conveniently, close to Queensway & Bayswater tube which is on the district and central tube lines, so getting to all the main London attractions is very easy.

The hotel is very attractive with its oak wood panelled walls and leather Chesterfield furniture, which is very warm and welcoming, giving an oldy worldly feel to the hotel which it fitting to the age of the property.

From there it does go down hill, as soon as you leave reception and sitting areas you move from old to new which takes away the whole feel of the hotel the corridors and rooms have been modernised, which to my mind is far from what you would expect, they have crammed in as many rooms as they can into the space available, making very small corridors and rooms

The standard room we stayed in was very very tiny to the point that it is very difficult to navigate around the bed, this would be difficult if you are disabled etc, the bathroom is tiny and hats off to the architect that designed it, as I could not believe how they managed to fit a bathroom suite in to this tiny tiny space, it is standing room only, but saying that the room and bathrooms are clean and fresh.

The staff on reception we helpful and polite

Summary

Very nice stay and good location, downside is the room sizes, but I am only commenting on the standard size room you may want to ask before booking what the room size is especially if you are disabled or like room to move around freely.

Would I go back, I personally would look around in the same area as there is so many hotels,you are spoilt for choice I would like a bigger room for my pound sterling.

Stayed May 2015
Dear Dennis B,

Thank you for having taken to Tripadvisor to share this detailed review following your recent stay with us at the Grand Royale. Although I was pleased that the service provided by the team met your expectations, I am very sorry to see that you would not feel comfortable returning to us as a result of your concerns regarding the size of your room. Please note that we do have many different categories available, and I sincerely hope that you are willing to give us another chance, as it would be my absolute pleasure to personally assist you with choosing a room suitable for your needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel as it was round the corner from relatives.we booked for 2 nights through Booking.com. On checking in we were upgraded to a club room for us. There were plenty of porters at hand to help with luggage. The room was very nice,clean and modern and we were on the 1st floor and was very quiet. We decided to stay an extra night at the last minute but we were told that as it was bank holiday there were no rooms available.The reception manager Aijaz spent at least 3/4 hr calling around and managed to get us availability in the end.We were also offered complimentary breakfast which we were very pleased with. This really was customer service at its best!

Room Tip: A lower floor is easier
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear vonski63,

On behalf of Aijaz, our Night Manager, and of course the rest of the team here at the Grand Royale, thank you very much for having shared this wonderful review! I am absolutely thrilled that your expectations were exceeded on all fronts and even more so that Aijaz was able to assist you with finding a room in the end. I hope to have the pleasure of personally meeting you the next time your travels take you to London, and remain entirely at your disposal should you ever require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!