“Perfect for Frequent Business Travellers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Notting Hill)   |
Ranked #445 of 1,064 Hotels in London
“Perfect for Frequent Business Travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I work in London a couple of days a week and since staying in the Grand Royale Hyde Park last August I haven't gone anywhere else. The location is perfect only being a two minute work from Queensway Tube Station (which is on the central line). There are lots of shops and restaurants around so it is also a perfect location to grab some food.

The rooms are to a high standard and maintained / cleaned well. Given the prices of hotels in London they are also very good value.

The staff are fantastic. In particular those on reception (special thanks to Alius, Francesca and Anifa) who do there best to look after the guests and take into account preferences in their type of room for frequent visitors (for instance if you prefer rooms above the ground floor).

I would highly recommend this hotel for those on business or personal travels. In fact I already recommend it to most of my colleagues and clients.

• Stayed March 2015
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear PBryant87,

On behalf of Alius, Francesca and Anifa, thank you ever so much for having shared this wonderful review! I am absolutely thrilled that we have managed to turn you into such a regular visitor, and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for many more stays to come.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed for three nights. Great location for underground and easy access to major attractions. Enjoyed walking through Hyde Park - only two minutes away! Rooms are small but clean and comfy. Staff are all very welcoming and keen to make sure you enjoy your stay. Breakfast was served in the beautiful dining room. A very good variety of dishes all freshly prepared I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear JewelsGlasgow,

Thank you very much for having shared this lovely review. I am pleassed to see your expectations were met on all fronts and you fell comfortable recommending us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time your travels take you to London and it would be my pleasure to personally assist with the making of all arrangements to ensure your next stay will be even better than the first.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have recently returned from a beautiful two nights stay here that my partner booked for my birthday. We were given the Lily Langtry suite which I can only describe as incredible. From the stunning bed to the bathroom that has to be seen to be believed, the whole place was remarkable. Location was also perfect for easy access to all of the major sights and attractions that central London has to offer and I will most certainly look to book here again if we travel to the capital again. Thank you for making my birthday so exceptional

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Chris C,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this lovely review! I am delighted that your expectations were exceeded during your stay with us, and that the upgrade to the Lillie Langtry Suite was well received. I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back the next time your travels take you to London and remain entirely at your disposal should you require any assistance at all with the making of future reservations.

Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at this hotel, a last minute booking (one week's notice and booked through Late Rooms), just for one night, and was very impressed. The gothic exterior, and wonderfully Victorian decor in the wooden floored and panelled foyer gives a first impression that the hotel could be old fashioned. Nothing further from the truth though, as my room was obviously newly refurbished and spotlessly clean with a new bathroom.Very polite check in, although I had to return to Reception from the 3rd floor for instructions on how to use the electronic card on the bedroom door! (There is no card slot, one just holds the card against the reader.) Maybe receptionists could mention this when handing over the keycard ! That small niggle apart, absolutely no complaints at all and will hope to stay at this hotel again when next coming to London in a few weeks. The location just a few yards from Bayswater Road is hard to beat if you need to be in this part of town. (I'll hopefully get the same very advantageous rate again as well ! -:) Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Dear mature_sojourner,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this lovely review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that your expectations were exceeded on all fronts and you feel comfortable recommending us. I am sorry if our card reader system was not clearly explained to you on check-in, and will most certainly address this with the team. I look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next stay with us and remain entirely at your disposal should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We found and booked this hotel through booking.com. The hotel building is exactly what we were expecting - all wood panelling and traditional features. We were checked in very quickly and efficiently. Our room was on the 5th floor - a bit small, but then it was just for the two of us! There was adequate tea/coffee making facilities. We also had fruit and drinks in the room as part of the deal, which was very nice. The bathroom was very small and probably my only real criticism of the room. The shower was over the bath and worked great but the shower screen was so narrow it didn't stop the water spraying all over the floor!! We didn't eat at the hotel apart from the breakfast which was really good - lots of choice and well laid out. We had the cooked breakfast which was very tasty. There are loads of shops and restaurants around the corner and the underground is just around the corner, which is so convenient. Overall, I think we had a good deal and would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Nikkiwizzit,

Thank you ever so much for having shared this great review! I am pleased to see that your expectations were met on all fronts and you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower screen; I am very sorry about the inconvenience caused and rest assured that I will be looking into this to improve matters for the future.
Should your travels next take you to London, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, as it would be my pleasure to personally assist in any way possible to ensure your next stay will be even better than the first.

Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is located close to the city center and has good public transport options. The public areas were quite comfortable, except for the lilies which are not pleasant for me due to allergies. I had problems getting water warmer than lukewarm in the shower, maybe due to the fact that my room was on the 8th floor (though this shouldn't be an issue...). Also the heating in the room did not seem to work, neither A/C or the heating cables in the bathroom did any difference when turned on to max.
Other than this, the stay was quite nice and gave good value for the money, but I would probably prefer another room if staying here a second time

Room Tip: Aim for a room on the lower floors
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear stiankrey,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. Although I am pleased to see you feel comfortable recommending us and are planning to stay with us again, I am very sorry about the maintenance niggles you experienced. Rest assured that I will be looking into these issue to improve matters for the future.
Please do contact me directly the next time you are planning to travel to London, and it would be my absolute pleasure to personally oversee all arrangements to ensure that your next stay will be better than the first.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights with my wife from 26th Feb 2015. Moved from room 102 after first nights as temperature exceeded 32c and with no window that opened it was HOT to say the least, having read someone else's review it seems the Air Con is a problem.
Our second room was on the 2nd floor and although a similar size at least the bathroom is a little bigger and a window that actually opened. A comfortable 2 nights sleep but alas we have returned home and both of us have a rather itchy red rash having used the Bath and Hotel towels. Not sure what has caused this problem but having used our own bath and shower gels it's pointing more towards the bathroom cleaning materials used by the hotel.
The reception staff seem under constant pressure as they have been relocating booked guests to another of their hotels in Lancaster Gate. We had issues with one of the receptionist who sent us to the wrong room on the 2nd day having issued a pass key and found luggage in the room belonging to another guest, perhaps a mistake that anyone could make but then to make us wait at reception ( after 6pm) til she served someone else was very poor customer service and no apology!!
The Hotel is in a great location close to Hyde Park and both Queensway and Bayswater Underground stations,
We won't be staying here again which is a pity because the hotel has such charm.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear PeteBunyan,

I was very sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the various reasons mentioned. I am keen to discuss your feedback in person and have sent you a private message accordingly. I greatly look forward to hearing from you, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!