“Beautiful place, good service, tiny bathroom....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #470 of 1,066 Hotels in London
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place, good service, tiny bathroom....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here with my Fiancé for one night, the location is perfect for Hyde Park and various tube stations.

The hotel looks nice from outside and this continued inside, very grand entrance with a beautiful tree and fireplace. The booking in process was very quick, maybe too quick as we were given keys to a room which was already occupied!! Nobody was in the room but had they have been it could have been very embarrassing for us and them. All their belongings were there so this was a very obvious security issue which is why we've given only 3 stars. The mistake was quickly rectified though.

The rooms were very nicely decorated but fairly small, the bathroom was unbelievably small. The toilet was too close to the wall, the shower was barely big enough for me (im 6ft3 and slim) and i banged my head several times trying to squeeze through the shower door which opened inwards!! The beds were fairly hard which i prefer, I'd rather a king soze duvet for a double bed but that's me being picky!

We had the breakfast which was delicious. Plenty on offer and freshly cooked. The service in the restaurant and hotel in general was really very good. Despite the little issue with the rooms I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Good location and extraordinary hospitality from the night staff Aijaz and Julian. Porters are also helpful and kind specially Meet. Overall a very good place to stay. Rooms are clean and tidy and breakfast is excellent.
would love to visit again. Value for money. Thanks to all had a enjoyable stay. Keep it up!!!

• Stayed December 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. We chose to stay at The Grand Royale Hotel as part of our honeymoon
Upon our arrival, Luann on reception was warm and welcoming and when she found out we were getting married the next day, she immediately arranged an upgrade to the wonderful Lillie Langtry suite for our wedding night. On our wedding day itself the staff transferred all our luggage etc whilst we were out and to our delight we arrived back as newlyweds to the most fabulous room complete with fresh flowers, chocolates, wine and a hand written card from the manager
The service from every member of staff was impeccable for all of our stay, the hotel itself was everything we had hoped for, and more. We can't think them enough as they made our wedding day a truly memorable event that we will never forget

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Cremona, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was only the last of my sevaral stays at The Grand oiyale London Hyde Park.
Apart from the location which is really good having two lines of the Underground nearby, the Staff was professional and kind.. The room was not so large but it was good and clean, with a sort of patio with a coffee corner.
I think that this Hotel makes my stays in London always wondeful!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 1 night whilst visiting winter wonderland .Because im a member thought might have got an upgrade but wasnt offered anything.The view was block of flats.The hotel lounge etc was beautiful when walking up to room carpet could do with changing .The theatre bar was lovely but really expensive .bicardi and coke was 7.50 ...breakfast was lovely .Really close to underground to get around.Not sure if i would return ..

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Cowpat R,

Thank you for having shared your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I am very sorry your expectations were not met during your stay due to the lack of a view; the next time your travels take you to London, please do contact me directly, and it would be my pleasure to personally ensure you will be provided with a room suitable for your needs.
With regards to our pricing, we believe in providing value for money for our guests, and we are confident that our bar prices are competitive in the local area. Having said that, I hope you were able to make use of our daily happy hour, from 17.00-19.00, where all of our wines and beers are at half price?
I hope that your recent experience has not permanently tarnished your impression of the Grand Royale, and would like to let you know that I remain entirely at your disposal should you require any further assistance at all with the making of future reservations.

lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel went up and above and beyond to make our stay in London. They made my son who was 21 feel like a king, I couldn't fault there service,the location or food, the staff are a credit! And I hope he reads this, but a very special thankyou to adi for sorting everything out, and in making our stay very special! Again thankyoux

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear jayne l,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share this wonderful review! I am thrilled that we were able to turn this special stay into an unforgettable experience, and rest assured your kind words will be shared and celebrated with Adi. On behalf of the entire team once more a Happy Birthday to your son, and wishing you a joyous festive season ahead!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Hi everybody, I stayed in Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel for 3 weeks and it was the best time that I had ever spent in other hotel in London. The hotel staff are superior and excellent with their usual welcome in warmth and caring. Mr. Julian and Mr. Marian from Hotel reception were very kind, supportive and professional and prompt to help guests throughout their stay, so as for the rest of all hotel reception and reservation staff. When I needed to extend my stay for another week during the busiest times - Christmas holidays, I didn't need to re-book online, but Mr. Julian helped me to extend my booking while I was relaxing at the lobby. Thanks A lot for your professional and prompt support. The hotel room is very clean and modern. The hotel is less than 1 minute walk from Kensington Gardens and Bayswater Road, and about 2 minutes walk from Central Underground Line which connects to Oxford Street Shops, so what more do you need!!. I could not find any better hotel than Grande Royale London Hyde Park. You will Love it. Good luck and have a nice stay in London, Happy Holidays Everybody.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fifth floor have good access to coffee lounge so as you can relax and enjoy a free coff...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear faisal_alrefaee,

On behalf of Iulian, Marian, and the rest of the team here at the Grand Royale, thank you ever so much for having taken the time to share this wonderful review! I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the service provided by the team contributed positively to an unforgettables stay. Rest assured your kind comments have been shared and celebrated with the entire team here, and note that should you ever require any further assistance at all, I remain entirely at your disposal.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!