“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #473 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staff were extremely accommodating on all my requests and the room was spacious and very modern. Was welcomed on arrival and the manager came out to check everything was okay on check. Lovely lounge area for this time of year. Felt very festive. Great location, great service & great stay.

• Stayed December 2014
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Thomas B,

Thank you ever so much for having taken a moment of your time to share this wonderful review! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and rest assured your kind comments will be shared and celebrated with the entire team. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Royale during a mini break in London last month. I had chosen the hotel after reading reviews on tripadvisor and the price was very good. Having stayed in 4 star hotels in London before, I know there can be a real range depending on price, this one being the lower end of the scale.

We arrived 10 minutes before check-in and were told our room wasn't ready, as we had tickets to the theatre, we left our baggage and opted to check-in on our return. We got back late that night and went to our room. The room was small (which we expected) and we were in the basement, when I lifted the duvet ready for bed, I noticed a couple of suspicious hairs. The hairs were unlikely from a person's head, so made us doubt the cleanliness of the room. We informed reception and were taken to a better room. It was slightly bigger, but with the same decor and in the basement.

We went out the following day and you can't help but notice how tired and worn the place is. The carpets are in need of replacing (stained and threadbare) and the walls are in need of painting, this is something which is obvious throughout the hotel. When we returned in the evening, I wanted a bath before heading out for dinner. There was no bath plug in the bathroom, so I called reception. The lady couldn't understand what I was saying (despite my accent being received pronunciation), I then explained it and she sounded like she understood. The maintenance man came to our room after a while and the message had not been conveyed to him. He was very nice and did go and get a plug for us.

The following day, I was quite glad to be leaving the hotel. I did sleep well in the room, but it is not somewhere I would stay again. For the price or slightly more, there are far better hotels to stay in London.

I can't score this hotel higher than a 2 due to the service and the quality of the room and hotel.

Room Tip: Ask not to be in the basement- it's dark and dingy.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear sophevans311,

I was very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the various issues described. I am keen to resolve this situation with you directly and have sent you a private message in the hope of discussing further. I look forward to hearing from you and in the meantime wish you well.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Rooms are small (but clean) and location is good and very close to shopping and the underground. I would rate the service higher than in pretty much any hotel I have stayed in London before incl 5 star. Anita in reception was super friendly and went the extra mile for all guests. Price is reasonable but don't expect too much from the room itself. The place is pretty Unique and given its VERY old history it is pretty fun

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear tringberg,

On behalf of Anifa and the rest of the team here at the Grand Royale, thank you very much for having shared this lovely review! I am delighted that the service provided by our team exceeded your expectations, and despite your concerns over the room, contributed positively to leaving you with a positive impression of our hotel. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and in the meantime, wish you a joyous festive season ahead.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The place is amazing. The location is outstanding ( 3 minutes walk to two tube stations). And there are plenty of food places, restaurants and supermarkets. Also sovounier shops are around the corner..

Staff were very friendly and polite. We are a family of two adults and two children and the rooms only accomodate two people se we booked two rooms but asked for them to be next to each other and tge staff were really helpful in that manner.. At the beginning we were placed in Superior delux rooms which were shown in the photos as normal sized rooms.. but in reality thery were quite tiny to stay in. When we complained about that the staff aplogized and offered an upgrade to club rooms which were quite nice and with no extra charge..
The breakfast food was really good and the service and cleaning were super as well.. I recommend this place for anyone visiting London and I will use it my self when I go there again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Marwa E,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that ultimately we were able to provide you with a suitable room and that your lasting impression of the Grand Royale remains a positive one. I look forward to welcoming you back personally on your next stay with us, and in the meantime, wish you a joyous festive season ahead.

Chichester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Breakfast is fantastic, fry up, continental, fruit, cereal, etc and staff were friendly, particularly victor and the lady on reception. We were updated to a club on arrival which was great, location is great for tube station 3 minutes away. Room was smaller than we are used to but lots of amenities ie safe, etc and room was in nice condition and clean, we would stay again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard C,

On behalf of Vitor and the rest of the team here at the Grand Royale, thank you ever so much for having shared this fantastic review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and feel comfortable recommending our product and services. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time your travels take you to London, and it would be my pleasure to personally assist in any way possible to ensure another unforgettable stay.

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It s classy and stylish, clean and friendly.
Close to the metro & bus station
Close to the Marble Arch for shopping on oxford street and only 2 station from Westfield- Shepherd's bush or white city direct line Red line.
Near by Hyde Park and Nothing Hill- itchy restaurant for eat beautiful and healthy ! The best Sushi
At Itchy!

Room Tip: Rooms at second floor are very small and has stairs from door entrance to bed. The windows are smal...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ileana G,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to personally welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.
Should you require any assistance at all with the making of future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Staff at receptiondesk hasn't got any energy, also friendlyness is missing a bit. Shower floor gets soaking wet, tip: considre to place an extra shield or shower curtain. Breakfast is very expensive in the hotel. Location and rooms are good.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Mrsnnn,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read that you felt our staff and service were not up to your expectations, and rest assured we will see this as a learning opportunity to improve our services for the future. With regards to breakfast, it comes at a cost of £15 if not pre-booked, or £12 if booked at check-in. for this price, you will get an unlimited full English breakfast buffet as well as a full Continental Buffet, with refills on coffee/tea, as well as juice. Should this be too dear, please note that if you book a room directly through our website, Breakfast is completely with our compliments.
I hope that despite your recent experience you will choose to stay with us again, and would like to let you know that should this be the case, I remain entirely at your disposal to assist in any way possible to ensure a more positive stay than the first time.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!