“Great location and lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #487 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Wirral
“Great location and lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We did not pree-book this hotel so we're really pleasantly surprised. On checking in the Reception staff were so helpful which is unusual for London and despite being really busy did their best to find us the best rate. The porter who showed us a number of rooms was really helpful and a real credit to the hotel. Yes the room was fairly small but was immaculately clean and excellent bathroom. We have had some really bad experiences of London hotels but have now found one we would definitely return to.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I was upgraded foc to a Double room no it was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. To sit on the loo you have to step in the shower to close the bathroom door. Hanging space was so small it would not take my suit either in length or depth and I an not tall or big. You could not sit at the table to work the bed was so close.

• Stayed October 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed there last week. Gave my wife and I a good chance to choreograph our movements as there was only room for one of us to stand up at a time. Must be the smallest most claustrophobic rooms I've ever tried.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear FrederikFab,

I am terribly sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the room being too small. I have sent you a private message in the hope of discussing further and greatly look forward to hearing from you.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Fantastic location. Very clean room and comfy bed. Room tiny though - you could only access one side of our double bed. A deposit (not just credit card details) is charged on arrival even if you've paid in full (inc breakfast) and there's no minibar. As they also require a photocopy of your driving license I got the impression that they must get a lot of trouble - very off-putting arrival. Corridors shabby. Breakfast average.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Behem0th,

I am verry sorry that your expectations were not met during your stay with us due to the various reasons mentioned. I have sent you a private message in the hope of discussing further and greatly look forward to hearing from you.

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Charming hotel, riddled with history and a beautiful lobby and bar. Excellent service all round and a great breakfast with plenty of choice, both hot and cold. Room was perfectly clean and in good condition; it was cozy and although not overly spacious,perfectly adequate and in line with other hotels in London. Great location as well, next to Hyde park and within a stone's throw of Notting Hill and Oxford street. Highly recommended for a weekend of shopping or sightseeing in London.

Room Tip: Basement rooms are larger
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Corrie V,

Thank you ever so much for having taken some of your precious time to share this fabulous review! I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service provided by our team, as well as the quality of our breakfast, exceeded your expectations. The Grand Royale is indeed an amazing and beautiful property, and with its' direct ties to Lillie Langtry, a true haven for real history aficionado's such as yourself. I hope you had the chance as well to have a drink in the Theatre Bar, where Lillie herself used to perform for King Edward VII!

Thank you again for having shared your feedback on Tripadvisor, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit to London, as it would be my pleasure to personally assist in any way possible to ensure another unforgettable experience.

Angus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very grand hotel with fantastic location. Around 2 minutes walk to either Queensway or Bayswater underground station. Hotel is very modern and clean. Only downside was that I found the rooms to be on the small side so it was fine for one night but I wouldn't have wanted to spend much longer staying here. There was also noise coming from the street outside. However, this is a great location and quick to get to all parts of London. Staff were pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this hotel but only for short term rather than long term.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear AngusAsh,

Thank you very much for having shared your experiences on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that your over all impression of the hotel remains a positive one, and that the service provided by our team contributed positively to an enjoyable stay; rest assured that your kind words will be shared with the entire team here.
As we do have many different room categories available, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit to London, and it would be my absolute pleasure to personally assist in ensuring that we will find a room suitable for your needs.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Grand Royale London Hyde Park hotel is located in a very good place, nearly in front of Hyde Park (central London), beautiful place to walk and really close to two London underground stations.
The hotel is a very nice place, clean and everybody is very polite and friendly.
I would go back to stay there when going back to London.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear loathys,

Thank you ever so much for having shared this lovely review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park. Rest assured your kind comments regarding our staff and service will be shared and celebrated amongst the team.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next trip to London, and it would be my pleasure to ensure you will be provided with another enjoyable experience.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!