“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #488 of 1,055 Hotels in London
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Lovely atmosphere and decor. I Was upgrade to a double superior room from a single... Interesting as in the first floor at front with a few steps inside the room but I liked it and great size for 1 person... Not sure how 2 people would handle.....
Perfect for a solo traveller - tea and coffe facilities but no mini bar but able to get water and wine from the bar open every. Ugh which has a lovely feel. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again as great location - literally 3 minute walk to Queensway tube station and lots of cafés and restaurants and across the road from Hyde Park and Kensington Palace

Room Tip: Make sure you have a superior room and join their program for free upgrades
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have just had a five night stay and more than enjoyed it. Perfect location for exploring the rest of London with excellent tube and bus links minutes away.

I'll get the "room was small" bit out of the way first as this seems to be a running theme. Yes, the room we had was, as expected on the small side but not an issue - I'd describe it more as cosy (until by about day three when storing the shopping became a bit of an issue but I can't in all honesty blame the hotel for wifes shopping habits!). Really comfortable bed.

Staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. Breakfast good (don't forget to read the notice that eggs can be cooked to order) and good quality.

Would definitely stay again but would probably go for a bigger room purely for (wife's) shopping storage!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This Hotel was in a brilliant location the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was lovely with a vast choice. The room is fine for all under 5's! or people under three feet tall or just very long and thin! Too small you can hardly move around the room! When I read the comments I did think that it can't be so small but believe me ours was, when I bent down getting out of bed I banged my head on the wall!!!! Brilliant for the tube though just around the corner!

Room Tip: Ask for a big one!
Chambly, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed 2 nights in this beautiful hotel and great location where the decor is typically English. What happiness for the fabulous breakfast and friendly staff. The area is very lively with lots of restaurants and next to Hyde Park. The public car park is just two pas.Nous will return with great pleasure.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It is a beautiful hotel, Lily Langtree used to live there, so has history too. Excellent service, all the staff (reception and restaurant) couldn't be more helpful. The English Breakfast which was included was very good, could have eaten more if I could fit it in! Location is fantastic for the west end and restaurants. One warning the Theatre Bar prices were very expensive.

Room Tip: Room a little small, but very pleasant, excellent for a weekend stay, may need to up grade to a Clu...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Alexander H, General Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear patricia947,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Grand Royale, thank you very much for having shared this lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay as a result of the service provided and the breakfast offering. It is fantastic to see as well that you noticed The Grand Royale's history and affiliation with Lillie Langtry; we are very proud of our heritage and our Grade A listed building, and it is great to see when our guests notice the rich history The Grand Royale has been at the centre of since its inception. I hope that I will have the chance to meet you in person on your next stay with us, which will hopefully be in the not too distant future.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My company put me up at this hotel for five days while visiting one of our nearby offices in London. The hotel looked nice from the outside, had a beautiful lobby and the staff was courteous. However, the room was very small yet clean. I have gotten larger rooms in Tokyo, San Francisco and New York for this price. The worst part of the stay for me was that the internet connection was terrible. Any developing country I had been to in the last year had a high speed internet connection but this hotel was sharing a line with limited bandwidth with all their guests. It was not possible for me to do any research with this connection as there were extremely page load delays every single day. When prompted about this, the staff just said: "Well this is how it is." Anybody who is planning to do some work while being in London from your room, stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear izahorsky,

Thank you for having shared your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry and heavily disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay with us due to the Internet connection being inconsistent. Although saddened by the fact that this affected your stay negatively, I am very pleased to inform you that we have in fact scheduled a bandwith upgrade within the next month to avoid any similar future reooccurences, which I hope will convince you to give us another try in the future. I have left you a private message in the hope of discussing further and very much look forward to hearing from you.

Newtownstewart, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was really impressed from the outside and lobby of the hotel we were told on arrival we had been upgraded to a club room, which i actually this was a downgrade. The room was below the ground floor, very small and the view from the window was well, a wall. Apart from this the hotel was nice and staff were very friendly. Well situated with close access to two tube stations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Zoe240,

Thank you very much for having shared this review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that despite your concerns about your room, your over all impression of the Grand Royale remains a positive one. I can assure you that you were in fact upgraded to a Club Room, but I am deeply sorry if this was a little spoiled due to the lack of view from your room. Should your trravels next take you to London, please do feel free to contact me directly and it would be my absolute pleasure to assist you with the making of future reservations and ensuring you will be provided with the best possible experience. I look forward to personally welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future, and in the meantime wish you well.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!