The hotel itself is beautiful and has its own charm. The room I stayed in on the 1st floor unfortunately had stairs in them. I don't quite mind walking up the stairs to the 1st floor (there were no lifts to that particular floor) but having stairs in the room, like a loft, was quite weird. I don't recommend this if you don't feel like climbing up stairs in order to get to your bed (the toilet was on the lower ground.)
The hotel is a 2-3mins walk away from the Bayswater area (literally behind the hotel) and there are several tube stations in the vicinity (Queensway, Bayswater, Lancaster Gate) hence it was very easy to travel. Lots of Halal food in the area as well for Muslims. The location is very convenient in terms of travel and eating out.
The reception was helpful enough but the staff looked at my mother who carried a heavy baggage when we checked out (to go down more stairs) and did not help out. The service was very average but the rooms were nice enough.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury London Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Grand Royale London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.