I stayed here for two nights on business in February 2013. The hotel itself is clean enough, but the 4-star rating seems a tad generous. I stayed in a room below street level, opening onto the street. The windows are only single-glazed and so it was very noisy. I didn't realise that there are several hostels opposite the hotel too, so being on the sub-ground floor, with the single-glazed windows meant that it was very noisy at times and difficult to sleep. The rooms were a very good size, but the shower room was very poorly laid out - the toilet was right up against the wall on one side, which made sitting on it very unpleasant. Equally, the toilet-roll holder was behind a corner wall, about 6 inches off the ground - again, a bizarre and inconvenient place to have it. The shower soap holder was really loose. The grand living room is very spectacular, but the bar is in a separate room, so if you want to have a drink in the hotel's splendid room, you have to carry them through from a separate room. Overall, this was clean, convenient and near Queensway tube, so very convenient for work, but I wouldn't stay again if I could choose a different location.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury London Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, EasyToBook, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Grand Royale London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.