“For London, quite acceptable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #505 of 1,075 hotels in London
Kingsteignton, United Kingdom
“For London, quite acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booked via Laterooms.com on the basis of cost and location. Seeing the reviews on Laterooms, I decided on the 'Club' upgrade. On arrival there was fruit and wine in the room but the room was smaller than expected. Later that evening I checked the hotel website and concluded that we were not in a 'spacious Club room' and complained at the front desk. The receptionist seemed embarrassed and guaranteed to move us the following day. The move went seamlessly and we were put into a bigger, family room which was quite acceptable.

All in all the staff were very good, the room was clean and comfortable, the location in Bayswater with two tube stations just around the corner was very good and the breakfast was excellent. I considered it good value for money and would return - as long as the hotel could guarantee that the room I booked was the one I was allocated from the first night!

Room Tip: Check the size of room is what you paid for BEFORE unpacking....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 29, 2012

Thank you for staying at Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grand Royale London Hyde Park in the not too distant future.

2,026 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights on business. The website attracted me. It was however fairly misleading in my experience. The building is absolutely stunning, stained glass, wood panelling and many, many more original features on a gorgeous Georgian street, right next to Hyde Park. However, the welcome was cold to say the least. The receptionist did not even acknowledge me for about 5 minutes. Another person at the desk was busy too, dealing with complaints from other guests. The room I was given was described as deluxe and it was pleasantly decorated and the bathroom was spotless but there was no full length hanging anywhere (just a small cupboard with hanging for shirts/tops only) and no coat hooks. My room was in the basement with an external storage area directly outside (3 feet from the window) which was brightly lit day and night and people noisily loading and unloading from it day and night. The room was therefore not private and i had to have the curtains closed permanently and i had a terrible night's sleep. As a woman travelling on my own i did not feel particularly safe either with people right outside my window all the time. The hotel is supposed to have a restaurant but when i enquired about it i was told there was no food available (whether in a restaurant or via room service) ither than breakfast. Instead i was directed to Bayswater road where there are shops and restaurants, but again as a woman travelling alone, i did not particularly want to go wandering around London on my own at night. Breakfast was adequate, but the staff were miserable and obviously do not want to be there. A real shame - the place has such potential but the poor facilities and dreadful atmosphere created by the miserable staff really let the place down. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the basement.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

BAku
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

it seems that this hotel is being managed by the group of irresponsible people. As I booked the room and recieved the confirmation then it turned out that on my arrival they do not have room at all. thus i was forced to be transfered in another hotel which is located next to the Heathrow. I was in shock as there were a lot of business meeting had been appointed from my side. the people at the desk was rough and did not even listen to me. Anyway my short trip was spoiled completely. so now it is up to you to book place in this so called hotel or not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 27, 2012

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Have just returned from a weekend stay in this hotel, and had a very enjoyable time.

The exterior of the hotel is lovely, and this extends to a very impressive reception and lobby area. Our room was well presented, nicely furnished and very clean. Yes the room was on the smaller side, but it was certainly more than spacious enough enough for our needs, as was the bathroom. I had booked a deluxe room and had initially been detered by reading some negative reviews regarding them, but tempted by the price of 40pppn for the weekend including breakfast I took a chance and was pleasantly suprised.

The breakfast in the hotel was of the highest order, from a vast array of cooked items to a delicious continental spread.

The hotel is also in a superb location, with 2 tube stations Queensway and Bayswater a couple of minutes walk, and the bustling high street of Bayswater with its myriad of eateries and shops also within a 2 minute walk. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are right on the doorstep.

Overall I was delighted with my stay, and wouldn't hesitate booking at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the very top floor, right at the back and offered a great nights sleep.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 26, 2012

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Please any client, don't expect as you have booked a room you will have one! I had an email from the manager the night before I arrived explaining there was a problem with my room but I would be accomodated over the road at a sister hotel. Fine, now you have to bear in mind that I was there for the World Travel Market! My boss is the owner of a very high level property in Portugal! So, My boss checked in the morning I had a room, all confirmed. I was staying there! I was taking my case across London and wanted a base. So we arrived at the hotel at approx 11.30 with no room for me! I had been reserved a room in Heston ( Heathrow). So imagine how happy I was to be put in a taxi ( at their cost) to be taken West when I had to be going East in the morning! The hotel at Heathrow is new and the bed is to die for and could not recommend highly enough. However I did have to return to to the Grand Royale the following evening! All the jokes became a reality with well you will probably have my cupboard from the Director of Sales!

It really makes me feel shame for this level of accomodation in the UK. I was lucky to be sent to thieir Heathrow hotel as it was lovely. But not good when I was at a show in East London! This hotel was horrific! The customer service was awful and the bed was so hard I could't sleep. If you book an executive single be prepared for just that! You will have a very hard bed, and will just have room to go to the bathroom have a desk and slide onto bed! Please don't judge London by the standards at this hotel! It makes me ashamed to be a Londoner!

Room Tip: Please do not book a single! Horrible!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed twice at this hotel and it was really nice yet affordable. The rooms are quite small for the ones I stayed in but it's clean and I had free WiFi which is also good. The history of the building is also a plus for who's interested.

Room Tip: I prefer tub baths so that could be a pointer, some rooms are showers only.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 23, 2012

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

There are many hotels in the Bayswater area that in my opinion are bedroom factories. The Grand Royale are not one of these they actually care about your stay. The rooms are small but clean and well equiped. The size of the rooms mirror the size of the bill very reasonable for London in fact half of what i usually pay.

I normally stay in the heart of the West End on my weekly visit to London but on one occasion I could not get in to my normal hotel and my office put me in to the Grand Royale and although it is a little further away from my area of business they have treated me exceptionally well. I have now stayed there three times in a row. If you do not want to pay the extortionate prices many London hotels charge give the Grand Royale a try.

Ankur Sehgal

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!