I stayed for 2 nights on business. The website attracted me. It was however fairly misleading in my experience. The building is absolutely stunning, stained glass, wood panelling and many, many more original features on a gorgeous Georgian street, right next to Hyde Park. However, the welcome was cold to say the least. The receptionist did not even acknowledge me for about 5 minutes. Another person at the desk was busy too, dealing with complaints from other guests. The room I was given was described as deluxe and it was pleasantly decorated and the bathroom was spotless but there was no full length hanging anywhere (just a small cupboard with hanging for shirts/tops only) and no coat hooks. My room was in the basement with an external storage area directly outside (3 feet from the window) which was brightly lit day and night and people noisily loading and unloading from it day and night. The room was therefore not private and i had to have the curtains closed permanently and i had a terrible night's sleep. As a woman travelling on my own i did not feel particularly safe either with people right outside my window all the time. The hotel is supposed to have a restaurant but when i enquired about it i was told there was no food available (whether in a restaurant or via room service) ither than breakfast. Instead i was directed to Bayswater road where there are shops and restaurants, but again as a woman travelling alone, i did not particularly want to go wandering around London on my own at night. Breakfast was adequate, but the staff were miserable and obviously do not want to be there. A real shame - the place has such potential but the poor facilities and dreadful atmosphere created by the miserable staff really let the place down. I would never stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury London Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Royale London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.