“Horrific” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #503 of 1,073 hotels in London
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Horrific”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Please any client, don't expect as you have booked a room you will have one! I had an email from the manager the night before I arrived explaining there was a problem with my room but I would be accomodated over the road at a sister hotel. Fine, now you have to bear in mind that I was there for the World Travel Market! My boss is the owner of a very high level property in Portugal! So, My boss checked in the morning I had a room, all confirmed. I was staying there! I was taking my case across London and wanted a base. So we arrived at the hotel at approx 11.30 with no room for me! I had been reserved a room in Heston ( Heathrow). So imagine how happy I was to be put in a taxi ( at their cost) to be taken West when I had to be going East in the morning! The hotel at Heathrow is new and the bed is to die for and could not recommend highly enough. However I did have to return to to the Grand Royale the following evening! All the jokes became a reality with well you will probably have my cupboard from the Director of Sales!

It really makes me feel shame for this level of accomodation in the UK. I was lucky to be sent to thieir Heathrow hotel as it was lovely. But not good when I was at a show in East London! This hotel was horrific! The customer service was awful and the bed was so hard I could't sleep. If you book an executive single be prepared for just that! You will have a very hard bed, and will just have room to go to the bathroom have a desk and slide onto bed! Please don't judge London by the standards at this hotel! It makes me ashamed to be a Londoner!

Room Tip: Please do not book a single! Horrible!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

1,977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed twice at this hotel and it was really nice yet affordable. The rooms are quite small for the ones I stayed in but it's clean and I had free WiFi which is also good. The history of the building is also a plus for who's interested.

Room Tip: I prefer tub baths so that could be a pointer, some rooms are showers only.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 23, 2012

Thank you for staying at Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grand Royale London Hyde Park in the not too distant future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

There are many hotels in the Bayswater area that in my opinion are bedroom factories. The Grand Royale are not one of these they actually care about your stay. The rooms are small but clean and well equiped. The size of the rooms mirror the size of the bill very reasonable for London in fact half of what i usually pay.

I normally stay in the heart of the West End on my weekly visit to London but on one occasion I could not get in to my normal hotel and my office put me in to the Grand Royale and although it is a little further away from my area of business they have treated me exceptionally well. I have now stayed there three times in a row. If you do not want to pay the extortionate prices many London hotels charge give the Grand Royale a try.

north carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel looks very nice when you go into the reception, all leather and polished wood. Unfortunately, the luxury stops there. The rooms are in the basement of the hotel and are nicely decorated but they are really small and cramped. It is impossible to actually use the wardrobe or desk because of the lack of space. However, this is to be expected in central London where space is at a premium what is not expected is the smell of sewage which came from the bathroom and which made it almost impossible to actually use the bathroom. There is also no heat. There is a heating control on the wall but no actual heat so the room is extremely cold, especially because of the large old window which is approximately 10" from the bed. However the most annoying part of it was the telephone which had no connection, I don't mean it was broken I mean it had no connection, wires, plug etc., it was just for show. This was extremely inconvenient as my cell phone was not operational and I was dependent on either the internet or telephone to keep in contact. The guest computer in the lobby was not working and after waiting for a call in my room for sometime and realizing that no incoming call was possible, I had to go to reception to make my call. However, the breakfast was amazing, the wait staff friendly and helpful and with just a few upgrades this could actually be a reasonable hotel. If the smell of sewage in the bathroom and the freezing temperature in the rooms could be dealt with then this would become a hotel that gives some value for money.

Room Tip: Ask to check the bathroom, the sewage smell is overpowering in some of them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I reserved a room for two nights this hotel but due to some painting problem, i was asked to pay immediately but get transfered to a sister hotel near Princess Square in Notting Hill. The hotel lobby people did not produce a receipt of my payment.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I do not recommend this hotel.
Very small rooms, expensive and bad service.
The room window is broken.
The only good thing of this hotel is location.
I will not stay again in the hotel.
There are other hotels around, could be better.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Kindly contact me directly on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk so we can discuss this further.

birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been staying in London for a number of years and the Shaftesbury chain are by far the best value I have found. Yes some people may say the rooms are small but this is London.
For me cleanliness is a top priority and I have stayed about 100 times at most of the Shaftesbury hotels and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Ankur Sehgal

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!