“tiny room, great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #504 of 1,073 hotels in London
San Antonio
“tiny room, great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Fortunately all was fine with our booking on arrival, but I have to say I saw many very unhappy folk a the reception on Friday and Saturday being "referred" to other hotels because this one was badly overbooked. Many were being sent many miles away.
Good breakfast,
Free internet often down

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for
you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

2,043 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel takes your booking (and your money) but when you arrive you are informed that there is a 'problem with the heating' and that you will be moved to their sister hotel in HEATHROW. You end up paying central london rates for a shabby hotel miles away in Heathrow!!

This hotel has an over booking policy to fill up other worse hotels that are part of the same chain - you end up paying a premium for a poor quality hotel which you would never have booked.

I read reviews on here warning of this over booking policy but I loved the look of the hotel and thought that if I arrived 2hrs before booking everything would be fine. I arrived 2hrs early but was told I'd have to go to heathrow, another couple arrived after me to check in and were checked in fine. I stood my ground and argued with the manager but I was still not checked in. There was no way I was paying a central london rate to stay miles away so i left and found alternative accomodation elsewhere.

BE WARNED AND DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL - THE STAFF ARE ALSO VERY RUDE!!!

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel - its a scam!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Thank you very much.

Winscombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times, the entrance, bar, lounge and breakfast room are excellent, very classy with original features.

The rooms are quite small, but are well appointed, most windows dont open, but the area is quiet

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is well placed for access to Oxford and Regent Sts, Hyde Park and other areas. However the 4 stars it is awarded on various websites is a long stretch. The room needs painting, wallpaper is tired. The bathroom in our room is far too small for any average sized person. The toilet sits against the wall, and you basically have to sit sideways. The shower is roughly 2 foot square, and you cannot keep the shower curtain closed. In fact, I am surprised if it actually conforms to building code.
In fairness to the hotel, staff are friendly, and when approached will move us to another room in the morning. We will wait and see...

Room Tip: If you decide to choose this hotel, make sure you ask staff to view the room first!

Lagos, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Staff is trying to stay calm despite the horror situations in a 4* Hotel! But in London everything is possible,tiny rooms,not adequate for couple sharing,dont stay on floor 7 or 8! elevators slow,breakfast buffet basic but ok served by helpful people! When asked for Manager was given business card to contact by mail! Great Hospitality but thats London, summing up: a rip-off!

Room Tip: always confirm room size in your confirmation!
Dear Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Farum, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Grand Royale London Hyde Park. Often pictures on websides and internet promisses more than you get in real life, but in this case we got exactly what we were hoping for. Yes the rooms are small, but hotel rooms in London are small, and at Grand Royale the rooms are decorated with taste and they are clean. We loved the bathtub :-) And breakfast was enjoyable. The staff was wery helpfull and accomedating. Our only complaint was, that our room wasn't ready at check in, and we had to wait for one hour. Next time I visit London, I will be staying at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Guildford, Surrey, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

If their website is to be believed, we should have paid nearly £400 for our room for one night! However, we paid just over £100 at the weekend. If we had paid the full rate I would have been very disappointed. However, for what we did pay, we had a comfortable stay in a hotel well located for Hyde Park and two nearby tube stations.
Our 'deluxe' room was well equipped but very small. I nearly went down to reception to check that we had been given a deluxe room, but thought that as it was only for one night it wasn't worth bothering about.
Sleep quality was good as the beds were comfortable. The public spaces were suitably grand and the buffet breakfast was perfectly acceptable.
The Grande Royal is fine, but just make sure you don't pay the full asking price for a room as it would not be worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Ankur Sehgal

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!