“Classy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Notting Hill)   |
Ranked #443 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Winscombe, United Kingdom
“Classy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times, the entrance, bar, lounge and breakfast room are excellent, very classy with original features.

The rooms are quite small, but are well appointed, most windows dont open, but the area is quiet

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ankur Sehgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is well placed for access to Oxford and Regent Sts, Hyde Park and other areas. However the 4 stars it is awarded on various websites is a long stretch. The room needs painting, wallpaper is tired. The bathroom in our room is far too small for any average sized person. The toilet sits against the wall, and you basically have to sit sideways. The shower is roughly 2 foot square, and you cannot keep the shower curtain closed. In fact, I am surprised if it actually conforms to building code.
In fairness to the hotel, staff are friendly, and when approached will move us to another room in the morning. We will wait and see...

Room Tip: If you decide to choose this hotel, make sure you ask staff to view the room first!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Lagos, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Staff is trying to stay calm despite the horror situations in a 4* Hotel! But in London everything is possible,tiny rooms,not adequate for couple sharing,dont stay on floor 7 or 8! elevators slow,breakfast buffet basic but ok served by helpful people! When asked for Manager was given business card to contact by mail! Great Hospitality but thats London, summing up: a rip-off!

Room Tip: always confirm room size in your confirmation!
Dear Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Farum, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Grand Royale London Hyde Park. Often pictures on websides and internet promisses more than you get in real life, but in this case we got exactly what we were hoping for. Yes the rooms are small, but hotel rooms in London are small, and at Grand Royale the rooms are decorated with taste and they are clean. We loved the bathtub :-) And breakfast was enjoyable. The staff was wery helpfull and accomedating. Our only complaint was, that our room wasn't ready at check in, and we had to wait for one hour. Next time I visit London, I will be staying at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

If their website is to be believed, we should have paid nearly £400 for our room for one night! However, we paid just over £100 at the weekend. If we had paid the full rate I would have been very disappointed. However, for what we did pay, we had a comfortable stay in a hotel well located for Hyde Park and two nearby tube stations.
Our 'deluxe' room was well equipped but very small. I nearly went down to reception to check that we had been given a deluxe room, but thought that as it was only for one night it wasn't worth bothering about.
Sleep quality was good as the beds were comfortable. The public spaces were suitably grand and the buffet breakfast was perfectly acceptable.
The Grande Royal is fine, but just make sure you don't pay the full asking price for a room as it would not be worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hailsham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice romantic weekend away to this hotel .... I don't think so !!!! On arrival we are told that they are fully booked and the only place on offer to us is a youth hostel ! At least 5 other couples arrived and were told the same thing ! Very very very disappointed with the way staff delt with the mess up !! Never again ! We had to down grade to another hotel , but at least the staff there were welcoming and had a smile for us !!!! Never again !!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Thank you very much.

Lahti, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading some bad reviews here I mailed to the hotel to make sure we'd actually have a room from this hotel. After second mail I got an answer. I think mailing was good idea, since there were customers that were told to a other hotel during our stay also. I hate the pattern this hotel seems to use, even though we had everything as promised.
The room was small, like it's told in earlier reviews. That did not bother us much. More than size I wondered why an earth they don't put shower-walls or -curtains to a bathroom. Now the whole toilet is wet after shower. The room and bathroom were well cleaned every day.
For us the best things of this hotel were the comfy bed, excellent breakfast and great location. There are two tube stations and Hyde Park just around the corner. Do rent a city bike for just one pound per day (requires that u change bike every half an hour, which is easy and fun)!
Breakfast was great: fresh fruits, yoghurts, cereal, cheese, bacon, egg, ham, toast etc. I need to eat gluten free, and with early notice hotel provided me special bread, which was great.
The hotel is quite big, and from time to time I felt the staff wasn't quite on the top of the situations all the time. Worst case was, when we returned our room one evening, our door was left open so that you could see it when passing by. Nothing was missing, and it was apologized, but still quite sloppy.
Overall we were happy to stay in Grand Royale.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 020 7313 7900.

Front Office Manager
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk
1-9 Inverness Terrace,
London, W2 3JP

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!