Getting there from the airport by subway was the worst, only because we weren't familiar with the train routes and should have switched from Picadilly Line to District Line east at Acton Town Station, switch again at Nottingham Gates station to Central Line east to Queensway station and exit. Hotel is 1 block east and then north 100m. We didn't, and ended up getting off at Hyde Park and dragging our luggage all the way throught the park....not fun after a 9 hr flight!!
We arrived too early to check in, but they stored our luggage until check in time was availble. The hotel was very rustic and rooms and hallways were much smaller than we're used to, but all the amenities were there. The complementary breakfast was excellent, and we had no problems with checking in/out. After searching the internet for hotels this one was about as reasonable as any and accessability to the subway was great. Once we had a subway map it made getting around to all the local sites real easy.
Overall, this hotel was just fine and we'd definitely reccoment it to others!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury London Hyde Park
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park Hotel
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, Stentorian NV, Expedia, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Grand Royale London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.