“Ideal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #490 of 1,073 hotels in London
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
“Ideal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was in a good location. The decor was traditional in the lobby but modern in the bedrooms. we stayed in an Deluxe Double Room which was still quite small but perfect for what we needed. The hotel staff were helpful. The room had tea and coffee facilities and all basic needs, shampoo, freeview flat screen, (biscuits) etc. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The wardrobe was only one metre deep so not ideal for dresses. Did have a full length mirror.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Front Office Manager
fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk
1-9 Inverness Terrace,
London, W2 3JP

2,031 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Neyland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hotel did not live up to the photos. The staff was no where near as congenial as the staff at other Shaftesbury hotels. My overall experience was not that good. I called the front desk to have an iron and ironing board brought to my room, the phone rang at least 15 times before it was answered. I waited 2 hours and no iron or ironing board was delivered. I had to go to the front desk and make the request in person. The room I was in had some sort of utility closet and the door did not close properly. I have stayed previously at the Shaftesbury Paddington Court and had a wonderful experience. I was very disappointed with my stay at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Room Tip: Stay at the Shaftesbury Paddington Court
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Gorgeous hotel and friendly staff. Really worth staying there to experience a 4* stylish British hotel. Wonderful, antique decorations and cosy rooms. Only downside was the 1m squared bathroom with a tiny washbasin and nowhere to place a cosmetic bag.

Room Tip: Avoid Lower Ground Floor rooms- there is no signal for mobile phones

Front Office Manager
fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk
1-9 Inverness Terrace,
London, W2 3JP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

arrived here with my girlfriend, checked in..the waiting staff just had a starring problem, looking at us like we were unwelcome, the room was nowhere near a 4 star which they claim, the bathroom had broken floor tiles, yes broken! very dangerous, i complained to the reception 11pm, the reply i got was this..i cannot do anything now but i will send the maintenance guy up in the morning, sorry mate. yep thats right he said sorry ''mate'', morning comes and no one bothers to come up. i didnt bother them again as i was going the next day. this hotel need alot of work done in the rooms, the staffs attitude is very poor, i wouldnt recommed it, id honestly rather stay at ibis or etap!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2012

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Have stayed a few times here now, I find the rooms to be nice although sometimes a little small but its a good location and the staff are always friendly and helpful which is why i keep coming back, its always nice to know what you are getting :-)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will motivate us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked this hotel for my friend online and mistakenly left a wrong email because I typed homtail instead of hotmail, so I called the customer service number to change it and resend me the confirmation letter. When I helped my friend to check in with the confirmation letter after his arrival, the reception guy told me the booking was cancelled two days ago because my bank detail used to make the booking was invalid. He insisted that the notice was correctly sent to me twice but I didn't receive any emails or calls ahead. I asked for the email record and some alternatives like whether there are spare room available. What I received is NO! There is nothing wrong with their email and there is no spare room at all which is quite irresponsible and unhelpful. So I asked to communicate with the duty manager. He said he is the one in charge that night.....At last, he reluctantly helped me to call the customer service on my insist and found they didn't change the email at all. That's why I didn't received the notice email. After a short communication between the customer service staff and the reception guy, I got the room after half an hour(but why he said there is no spare room at all at the first stage?) . It's really an unpleasant experience for me and my friend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Glagow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel accepts your booking and your cash but then sends guests to "sister" hotels because of a range of maintainance problems. It's a shocking scam. We saw several different groups being relocated on the Friday evening when we arrived and then againon the Saturday morning when we returned to try to recoup some of the money already paid. Different excuses were being used.

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel. We ended up in a windowless basement room that was too hot and claustroph...

Ankur Sehgal

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!