“business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #487 of 1,062 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Have stayed a few times here now, I find the rooms to be nice although sometimes a little small but its a good location and the staff are always friendly and helpful which is why i keep coming back, its always nice to know what you are getting :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will motivate us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ankur Sehgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked this hotel for my friend online and mistakenly left a wrong email because I typed homtail instead of hotmail, so I called the customer service number to change it and resend me the confirmation letter. When I helped my friend to check in with the confirmation letter after his arrival, the reception guy told me the booking was cancelled two days ago because my bank detail used to make the booking was invalid. He insisted that the notice was correctly sent to me twice but I didn't receive any emails or calls ahead. I asked for the email record and some alternatives like whether there are spare room available. What I received is NO! There is nothing wrong with their email and there is no spare room at all which is quite irresponsible and unhelpful. So I asked to communicate with the duty manager. He said he is the one in charge that night.....At last, he reluctantly helped me to call the customer service on my insist and found they didn't change the email at all. That's why I didn't received the notice email. After a short communication between the customer service staff and the reception guy, I got the room after half an hour(but why he said there is no spare room at all at the first stage?) . It's really an unpleasant experience for me and my friend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Glagow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel accepts your booking and your cash but then sends guests to "sister" hotels because of a range of maintainance problems. It's a shocking scam. We saw several different groups being relocated on the Friday evening when we arrived and then againon the Saturday morning when we returned to try to recoup some of the money already paid. Different excuses were being used.

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel. We ended up in a windowless basement room that was too hot and claustroph...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

It is exactly what I expect from an Hotel in London. Tipical British atmosphere, great decoration, very good breakfast, kind and professional personnel.
Value for money is very good.
The only weak point is the dimension of the rooms. I tested only the single. Hope the double will be different.

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

Dundee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you want to stay here, you'll have a better chance if you book another hotel in their group. Having had this hotel booked in advance, I cant really offer any details on anything other than the rudeness of the staff, I never saw the room as we were told they were full! After my pregnant girlfriend and I walked some distance to find the hotel, we were told a room was available at a sister hotel a 3 minute walk away so we just took it. There were other people also there complaining about this. They offered to arrange a car to take us when I asked about the exact location of the sister hotel, the Hyde Park Premier London Paddington. (thats another bad review) Then they gave me some line about the taxi firms phone not working and offered a member of staff to walk us there, It was actually 10 mins away and further away from our friends hotel. They Obviously have an unofficial policy of taking your booking regardless of actual availability then moving people about later as they turn up. They know most people will just take the alternative and despite the odd bad bad review they still make more money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Value for the money ! clean and newly refurbished rooms ! I have stayed in this hotel about 10 times and most rooms are fine. There are some rooms where shower glas wall is so small so it is more or less impossible to avoid that the floor gets wet ! The breakfast is excellent but served from 7.00 personally I would prefer 6.30 ! The price/night varies a lot depending on when you are booking and time of the year. My experience is that the prices gets better if you book late but of course at risk that the hotel is fully booked.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

As others say this hotel overbooks and takes you to another hotel and offer a room in the cellar.
Even the normal hotel rooms are small after making a scandal that we want our booked room. A maffia to avoid by all means: even the employees admitted. stay away....by all means

Room Tip: check ratings on tripadvisor and just look at the bottom
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Ankur Sehgal

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!