“"We can see your reservation but there are no rooms"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #523 of 1,069 hotels in London
Dundee
“"We can see your reservation but there are no rooms"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you want to stay here, you'll have a better chance if you book another hotel in their group. Having had this hotel booked in advance, I cant really offer any details on anything other than the rudeness of the staff, I never saw the room as we were told they were full! After my pregnant girlfriend and I walked some distance to find the hotel, we were told a room was available at a sister hotel a 3 minute walk away so we just took it. There were other people also there complaining about this. They offered to arrange a car to take us when I asked about the exact location of the sister hotel, the Hyde Park Premier London Paddington. (thats another bad review) Then they gave me some line about the taxi firms phone not working and offered a member of staff to walk us there, It was actually 10 mins away and further away from our friends hotel. They Obviously have an unofficial policy of taking your booking regardless of actual availability then moving people about later as they turn up. They know most people will just take the alternative and despite the odd bad bad review they still make more money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

1,877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Value for the money ! clean and newly refurbished rooms ! I have stayed in this hotel about 10 times and most rooms are fine. There are some rooms where shower glas wall is so small so it is more or less impossible to avoid that the floor gets wet ! The breakfast is excellent but served from 7.00 personally I would prefer 6.30 ! The price/night varies a lot depending on when you are booking and time of the year. My experience is that the prices gets better if you book late but of course at risk that the hotel is fully booked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

As others say this hotel overbooks and takes you to another hotel and offer a room in the cellar.
Even the normal hotel rooms are small after making a scandal that we want our booked room. A maffia to avoid by all means: even the employees admitted. stay away....by all means

Room Tip: check ratings on tripadvisor and just look at the bottom
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here in November 2012 with my partner as part of a party of 10. The hotel itself is lovely, very smart from the outside and the period features are beautiful. However, the customer service from the front desk staff left a lot to be desired. The young gentleman who checked me in was slightly rude and even cut me off mid conversation to speak to another guest. Less then impressed!

The room was reasonably sized and clean, my only issue with the room was that we were located on the lower ground floor and seemingly just under the lobby because all night and morning we could hear anyone that walked above us.

Overall, it did what it said on the tin and breakfast was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2012

Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I must say that the Grand Royale London Hyde Park is in a perfect location as we love walking and the park is just accross the road the NCP is again a few minutes walk away . I also was happy with the period building and yes the rooms aren't the largest but we don't travel to London to stay in our room . The breakfast is very good we will return soon .

Swaffham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just returned from a 1 night stay in this lovely period hotel very warm welcome ,room lovely if a bit small, fruit,bottled water & tea /coffee facilities in room including chocolate on pillow. hot shower & complimentary toiletries Breakfast very good full English plus crossants fruits etc will certainly return many thanks sandra

Room Tip: we had room 619 at back of hoel

Rancho cucamonga, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here one night between European cities. Front desk staff was slightly rude and non-helpful at check-in. The room was bigger than the other London hotels we have stayed at but the shower itself was the smallest I had ever seen in my whole life.

The hotel it self has a palatial feeling lobby and library area but the lack of help from the staff sours this place for me. Also, it was quite noisy at night and woke us up. One positive is they put cookies, wine and water in the room free of charge.

Another problem we encountered, at check-in, the front desk said they needed a card on file for incidentals and that they would charge 10 pounds to the card then refund it. Then at check out, they told us we had a bar charge (we did) and how would we pay. I told them the card on file is fine to which reception told me was not possible. Only hotel I have ever had this happen.

• Stayed November 2012
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 020 7313 7900.

Front Office Manager
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk
1-9 Inverness Terrace,
London, W2 3JP

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!