“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #489 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have stayed many times over the past 3/4 years always at the Grand Royale.
The location is perfect really close to Queensway underground and Hyde Park right opposite.
Bus route is excellent for Oxford street and many more places.
The hotel is very friendly with excellent staff we were treated extremely well by managers Ankur and Dipak
The batman Vitor is also an exceptional member of staff always friendly and helpful as is Ravi and all the staff in the breakfast room.
Breakfast is excellent value all fresh and nothing is too much trouble .
We will be returning on many more occasions to the beautiful, friendly and reasonably priced hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms very clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ankur Sehgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I really like this hotel, it feels homely. It is full of character with a beautiful reception and ground floor area, with it's wood panelling and stained glass windows it almost feels like a stately home. It is a very handy location 1 minutes from the tube and bus stops, opposite Hyde Park and just down the road from Oxford Street.

The staff are friendly and the room rates varies between good and very good. Some of the rooms are small but all finished to a high standard. I stay hear most weeks for 1 or 2 nights a week. Breakfast is also good.

Nigel J.

Room Tip: higher floors on the front are best. It is worth paying for a double room even if you only require a...

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The positives: The location, the reception and lounge areas look lovely, the beds are comfortable
The negatives: The rooms are unbelievably small, be wary of the room type you book, I was moved room during my stay as the room I was allocated upon arrival didn't match the description on the internet, the room I was moved to also didn't match the description. You should also be wary of complaining to the reception staff, I did this and was practically called a liar in reception, in front of other guests. The bar is over priced (even for central London).
I saw numerous people being turned away to other hotels within the group, one couple even came back as the hotel they were sent to, didn't have a room, surprisingly, the hotel then had a room available for them, needless to say it didn't match what they had booked though, so they were back complaining too. I also saw people complaining about no hot water, air conditioning not working, windows not closing, windows and doors not locking and smelly bathrooms. I'm sure there are nice rooms in the hotel, it just didn't appear anyone could find them. I got the impression that the hotel are used to moving people rooms, mid stay and transferring people to other hotels.
I will not be returning.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Thank you very much.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Grand Royale has a wealth of stunning, historic architectural details in the common areas. This and the location are what drew me to it, as well as the excellent price. My room was spacious and clean, but a little tired-looking. Still, for the price, it was outstanding (£180 for 2 nights in a double). The heating wasn't working properly, but a friendly, helpful member of staff brought a heater to the room immediately. I would definitely stay here again.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love the Grande Royale for its personal and friendly atmosphere, its convenient location to tubes, busses, Hyde Park and Oxford Street shops. The rooms are small but well presented, above all, very clean and modern. Its got all I need on a short-stay business trip and I always go back there. invariably I get my room for less than £100 per night including breakfast, which is exceptional value for money. I can highly recommend this hotel based on my personal experience over many years.

Kfar saba, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good location in central London, just 2 minutes walk from closest tube station. I stayed for four nights, September 2012, and it was very important to me to stay close to the center. that I got. Other than that, The room was very clean. and - since it was a warmer week than usually in London - the air-condition was great. Also, the room was recently renewed.
But - I stayed in the smallest room i've ever seen in my life, and I travel a lot. Even smaller than tiny rooms I've seen in Paris. Really claustrophobic. Tiny bathroom with no place for toiletries, and you have to climb over your own suitcase in order to get to the bed.
The staff at the front desk was not particularly friendly.
All and all - the hotel is a reasonable choice for a reasonable price in this very expensive city, as long as you are prepared to stay in a microscopic room and just need a decent place to crash after a working or touring day.

Room Tip: avoid rooms below street level (i.e room number starting with "00" such as 008) - not enou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 020 7313 7900.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here on and off for three months, hotel staff were very helpful and the location is great (opposite Hyde Park - great for a run) and by two tube stations. The rooms are on the small side and the bar could do with a makeover, but for a trip to the capital would recommend, breakfast was ver very good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Ankur Sehgal

Been to Grand Royale London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!