“Great service, novel food presentation” 5 of 5 stars

0207 839 3939
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Assaggetti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,095 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Assaggetti offers guests the chance to try selections of small dishes in chic and welcoming surroundings. Signature dishes such as Straccetti from Siena (fresh pasta with Tuscan sausage) and Tagliata All’Aceto Balsamico (grilled entrecote steak with balsamic vinegar) can be served in larger, more traditional portions or shared with a range of fantastic dishes. Assaggetti is ideally placed for diners to enjoy earthy food offering good value before or after a night at the theatre or somewhere to catch up with friends and enjoy an evening tasting dishes and enjoying our extensive Prosecco selection.
Lichfield
“Great service, novel food presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We dined here for lunch with a group of friends who were going to a play directly across the road at the Theatre Royal.

The restaurant is Italian but offers two options - either full size dishes per course as normal or 'tapas' style small dishes which allows you to have a greater selection of tastes from the menu. We chose the latter and agreed to the recommendation from the very helpful waiter that we allow at least 3 dishes per person, initially this may sound expensive but in reality they only cost around £4 each so the total bill is not that large.

Only one of the 30 dishes we sampled was disappointing (the Italian sausages seemed to be fatty) and we found the whole experence to be very different, I think it is an idea which other restaurants could try especially at lunchtime when you do ot want a particularly heavy meal.

The wine was very reasonably priced (e.g. £21 for a very good Montepulciano and £19 for a Pinot Grigio).

It became very busy after we arrived so I waould strongly recommend booking in advance. Overall impressions were - great staff, good food at a reasonable price and a novel way of sampling a wide range of diffferent dishes. I will certainly return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

After driving around Covent garden trying to find a place to eat after cinema we decided to go to Assagetti. This Bar restaurant has been there over 18 months but food and improved considerably. Fancied fish dishes so ordered mussels . Best meaty ones I ever had. Came in a white sauce deliciious. Prawns and seafood, tuna tartare ( the best in town ) mixed salade, followed by chesse. We drank my favourite white wine Gavi di Gavi. As all dishes are sharing you did not feel fool. The place was buzing and you plently of space to have your privicy which is nice. The mood was good. I will recommend it to anyone who wants just to drop in either after or before cinema theatre this is the place. After all who wants to wait a long time to get a table like in most places.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I loved this restaurant in its previous incarnation as it had a nice bar area but the refurbished place is still one of the better reasonably priced restaurants in the area and a much better deal than all the chains.
I use this place with my partner and to meet friends.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just came back from Assaggetti this evening so it is fresh on my mind.
I'm not much of a foodie but after a 10 hrs flight and a 4 hours nap I was ready to eat.

Before the food, the restaurant is ideally located next to the theater and walking distance from Piccadilly Square, Soho, Leciester Square (sp?). It has a nice, modern setup and doesn't try to be more than it is on the surface.

The beer list is small... 1 beer only, Moretti. This could use some work as there are a few other decent Italian brands. The wine is decent and not overwhelming. I'm not sure if this was right but the Remy Martin XO was 4.95 GBP. It should be double that price, oh well to my benefit.

They have full versions of their entrees or you can get smaller tapas versions. I had olives, mussels (quite good), prosciutto & rocket mini pizza (tasty) then the tapas version of scallop and seafood. I was coming off a long flight but it all tasted pretty food and fresh.

The wait staff was running because it was 7:30pm but did their jobs admirably. Would I eat there again or recommend the restaurant? In one simple word: yes.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Confusing menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friend and I decided to go into Assaggetti when we were looking for somewhere to eat. We liked the look of the place and the menu said3 dishes for £11.95, so we went in. I found the waiters a bit over the top always around until we wanted to order. We decided on the 6 dishes we were going to share we had decided against any deserts as they didn't appeal but were told we had to have one from each section. So the waiter stood there and waited till we had chosen, I ordered the regular sized gnocchi and unfortunately the portion was so small then ordered a desert which was also small needless to say I went home hungry whic at £20.00 ahead with no alcohol I was very upset about.

• Visited February 2013