“Montcalm City Suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of London City Suites By Montcalm

You added London City Suites By Montcalm to your Saves list
London City Suites By Montcalm
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42-46 Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4SD, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SUPER SALE
Ranked #189 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Montcalm City Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very comfortable hotel. Rooms were well appointed and the bathroom was fantastic. The bed was extremely comfortable. I got a special deal on the room, but at full rack rate it is expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex were very quiet, but disadvantage of having to put on coats etc to go to the dini...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
StevenSands, Hotel Manager at London City Suites By Montcalm, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for this wonderfull review, we appreciate the effort and time.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room compfortable.
For your convenience, you could try one of our room in the main building the next time you decide to stay with us.
We hope to see you soon again!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
southerner in the midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We paid one of the cheapest rates in this area for this hotel and got a unique experience in the centre of London. The service was impeccable; professional and friendly. Rooms were small but luxurious and extremely comfortable with soft and supportive beds and fabulous bathrooms! I loved the Elemis products; the tea, coffee and other facilities were top of the range. Complementory touches such as fruit, bottled water, dressing gowns and slippers made the stay all the more comfortable. All rooms contain ironing facilities and hair dryers so no annoying trips to reception for the essentials! Most importantly of all everything was spotless. We stayed for one night but wished we could have stayed for longer- I wish all hotels were like this!! Ps the breakfast is very expensive, we went elsewhere but there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: This is a listed building therefore they were unable to merge areas together. Some rooms are a goo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Annie,

THank you so much for this amazing review. We all appreciate you effort put into writing it.
We are glad to hear that you had a great experience here at the Montcalm London City and that you liked the facilities and products offered in the room.
We would love to welcome you back again!

Hotel manager
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Maybe you can find other 5 stars hotel more exclusive or luxury, but the relationship between price and services is really unique. The staff (although quite young and not extremely experienced) is trained in order to support the customers for all their needs. We got a room upgrade and our suite was amazing: stylish, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Erian,

Thank you so much for this amazing review, we really apreciate your feedback.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked our suite.
We would be very happy to welcome you back again soon!

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed here over a weekend and received a complimentary upgrade to a suite with a kitchenette. From the time we arrived the front of house staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient. (Even a bit of cute bell boy eye candy for the ladies) Walking us to our room and showing us around the facilities was a nice touch, but not too intrusive.

I was very happy with the room itself, well stocked with complimentary fruit and water, usual toiletries, robes blah blah. It was clean and the temperature could be adjusted. The bed was big and comfy and the rain shower was lovely.

The location was perfect for me as I needed to head out to the Southbank, East London and the Angel, we could reach everything by short walk/tube/bus.

I think this is ideal for business, friends and families. It's perhaps not the most romantic setting/location for a couple, unless you're into the East London hipster scene, because then it's excellent for the Old St/Clerkenwell areas. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place and would consider going again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice compliments and feedbacks. We appreciate your time and effort put into writing it.
We are glad that you had a great experience here with us and that you liked our suite.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again!

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I booked online a single nights stay for £89.00, Travelodge was £109, Thistle £99. When I arrived I was upgraded to a club room and was very glad I wasn't at the tired Thistle, the quality difference is substantial.
The reception is through the main entrance arch to the converted brewery complex on the left. Staff were polite and friendly. As it is a converted brewery and an old building the lay out is unusual. I was shown to my room which was up one lift, a walk and then up another lift to the 3rd floor.
Room was very nice, complimentary fruit bowl, water. A large bed which I found to be very comfortable and the usual facilities but all high end quality.
I was in London for work and had planned a few beers after work. This got out of hand hence why I booked somewhere to stay at short notice. Despite the luxury of the room I woke up at 6am, face down on the hotel room floor fully clothed. So now the hotel was to face its hangover test, fortunately no tigers in the bathroom. After a couple of hours more sleep I set about trying to feel human enough to face a 3 hour meeting. The bathroom was modern and clean, the shower was a delight and I spent 20 minutes under it. I used the iphone dock to play my music. The room had free broadband so I prepped for my meeting. The fruit and water (and biscuits) were enough to get my body moving. The room had an iron and an ironing board so the only thing left crumpled from the night before was my face.
When I checked out I felt human.
I'd stay again if I could get the room at that sort of price, was tempted to book a second night as the room would have been a great place to recover from my hang over.

Room Tip: I was upgraded when I checked in, always a nice touch.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Django,

Thank you very much for your amazing review. We appreciate your time and effort.
We are glad that our room passed the hangover test and that you enjoyed the facilities offered.
We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again!

West Country
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

My partner stayed here for his Xmas work do, he said "Well the guys were very helpful and the room was lovely. A real high spec look to the room and bathroom. I arrived, drunk and checked at 3.00am and they were very helpful. It was a little tricky to find. I had a a random guy I met assisting me to help spot the entrance. It is number 52, but there was no 52 to be seen. You have to go into towards the brewery courtyard".

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Laurista,

Thank you for your nice review! We appreciate your time put into writing it.
We are pleased to hear that your partner enjoyed his room. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you due to the location of the room. As we are a 2nd grade listed building, we are not allowed to change any room disposition in the building.

Bergen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

London City Suites Hotel is located in a onetime brewery, and has a very nice atmosphere. The staff were absolutely great - helpful, cheerful and altogether pleasant! The room was nice, and spotlessly clean, but very small. The bed was great! Sadly, the breakfast was not very nice. We had no breakfast included, and having tried it the first morning, we soon decided to go out for breakfast for the rest of our stay. We opted for the full English breakfast (the other alternative being Continental), but this was a sad and extremely limited affair (no fried eggs or boiled - only the scrambled eggs, and indeed they were, frankly, runny and less than delicate!) - especially when compared to the memorable breakfasts for instance at Hotel Peninsula in Singapore or New Providence Wharf in the Docklands, or at any better class hotel in Norway or Germany. And definitely not worth its price! However, in general the hotel is definitely a pleasant place to stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Cygnus,

Thank you very much for this nice review and your constructive feedback. We appreciate your time. We are glad to hear that you liked your room.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disapointing breakfast. We now have a newly opened restaurant, the Jugged Hare, where the breakfast is now served. You can try it there the next time you decide to stay with us and we trust that you will enjoy the experience over there.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Hotel Manager

Been to London City Suites By Montcalm? Share your experiences!