“Nice hotel, but no WiFi!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grange White Hall Hotel

You added Grange White Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Grange White Hall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-5 Montague St | Russell Square, London WC1B 5BU, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #574 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
“Nice hotel, but no WiFi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I actually stayed here two years ago, and it was for a digital workshop. Ironically, they only have cable Internet - no WiFi! Plus, the cable Internet was metered. What I did was have dinner at the hotel across the street so I could use their free WiFi connection.

The hotel is nice, though, with its quaint feel. Not to mention the awesome location, which is right beside the British Museum. Staff is friendly and accommodating as well. Good breakfast buffet, too!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Manzanita, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed at the Grange White Hall Hotel. We three (mature businessmen) were bounced into this hotel from the Grange Blooms just next door as they (Blooms)
can't seem to honor their reservations as confirmed and promised with
credit cards and over a months notice. However that said, why not just
book here directly and skip the Blooms, we had two rooms, were upgraded
twice (I believe this was because Blooms bounced us to this sister hotel) and room 313 and 215 were both excellent superior doubles, newly
furnished and decorated, yes voluptuous silk curtains, enough toiletries
for six people, every day, and we have nothing but praise for our rooms.
They were clean, new fresh and quiet, one on the street one on the
garden with three window glass separations on each window for insulation and
sound proofing, and yes they all opened. As for the room size and price,
this is London folks, do NOT expect a big room unless you pay 500. to
1,000. pounds a night! Same goes for Paris.
FOR THE PRICE THESE NEWLY DONE ROOMS ARE THE BEST AVAILABLE IN LONDON!
FOR THE PRICE! This is VERY inexpensive for center city London.
The location of this hotel is very good too.
We skipped breakfast as the price for this was ridiculously high and the food
offered was sad and slim pickings, so we took all of our meals and tea
and fun directly across the street at the sumptuous The Montague Hotel,
lovely in every way - not only was the cost of breakfast, FULL ENGLISH
breakfast less than our hotels Continental breakfast, but the cold and
hot buffet had everything and then more! The dinning room for dinner at
The Montague was lovely and the food great, even the burger menu was
super too.
Our hotel that we slept in, the Grange White Hall, also seemed very high
priced for any extras, so we had none of them. The girls at the
reception could NOT have been more cheerful and polite, they seemed to
like us and gave us every help that they could, they asked how we were
doing, and were lovely to us, and I told them so and they appreciated
this. The doorman - bellhop - houseman was wonderful, he was cheerful, RAN
down the street to get us taxi's every time we asked for one, he was
wonderful and should get a gold star for his efforts to please us.
The window boxes of flowers on the street front were as something out of the New York Flower
Show, the TV (flat panel) on the desk in the room had dozens of channels
all free, and even CCTV from China in English, CNN international, all
the BBC channels one could possibly ask for, sport channels galore, etc.
Everyone on checkout (I was sitting in the big leather lounge chairs in
the small lobby waiting for friends) was having trouble understanding
how this Grange hotel computed their credit card charges, seems that the
banks are now charging merchants for very authorization that is placed,
so as this Grange hotel takes a LARGE (500 pound) authorization on the
cards at check in, when you check out you only get charged for the
additional costs above that amount,
which as I worked for a large international credit card bank for nine
years makes sense to me, but the average hotel guest has no concept of
how the authorization system works. This was causing a lot, I mean a LOT
of trouble for all the Grange Hotel guests and most left not only
confused, and bewildered, but kinda angry too. TAKE NOTE GRANGE MANAGERS.

Room Tip: Do not take a basement level room, ask for a deluxe executive double that is newly renovated.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
tyne and wear united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have stayed here before. In the summer months I had rooms overlooking the back which were always nice, if rather warm. This time I faced the street and enjoyed seeing all the lovely Christmas lights outside. Lovely room with sofa and space to walk. Really comfy bed. Breakfast was okay, there is choice but I prefer a pot of tea rather than having it poured from a shared one. I was using the Conference facilities, the help and support was outstanding!

Room Tip: Quiet road at front, views of British Museum at back.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
South West
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011 via mobile

Our room was tiny! But the room was clean and the service was good. Breakfast buffet nice too. Would not stay again only because of the size of the room, everything else was to a good quality and felt there was a nice feel to the hotel. Would only recommend if you needed to stay in that immediate area.

• Stayed November 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

If you want a nice hotel for a reasonable price try the Grange White Hall Hotel. The rooms are not big but ideal for the short stay. This is fairly standard in London Boutique Hotels.The ceiling in my room was high and with some nice features. To find the hotel head for the British Museum . It is on the road that is on the East end of the Museum. I took a bus from St. Pancras and got of the stop before Holborn. It is a 10 minute walk from this Tube station. The staff checked us in right away. I asked for a room overlooking the Garden as previous Trip Advisor reviews said that this was the best way to get a quiet room. I agree and I did not have any noise after 10PM. I stayed in November and the room was comfortable, but there is no A/C in case you go in the summer. The window opened onto a small balcony in my room. Only criticism I might offer is that the Architect should have hinged the bathroom door into the Living area instead of into the bathroom to make it easier to use the bathroom.. The Full English Breakfast will set you back 23.25 GBP which is not something I am going to treat myself to. But there are a lot of restaurants in the area that you can walk to and are reasonable. You have a nice Bar in the Lobby area and a modern elevator. I would recommend this hotel as above average for the price paid.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This was my second stay at the White Grange Hall Hotel. I previously stayed there for a couple of nights in spring of 2009. This time I stayed for four nights with family. We were in two double rooms, on the third floor. The room I was staying in was facing the back garden. The room was very spacious (larger than the room I was in during my last stay) and lovely. The bathroom was very nice and spacious as well. The hotel is very clean and presents very well. The staff members of the hotel were extremely friendly and accommodating. The restaurant in the hotel is nice and is convenient after a long day in the city. These are reasons I decided to recommend this hotel to my family, after my stay in 2009.
I love the area the hotel is in, literally right around the corner from the British Museum and adjacent to Russell Square. It is very close walking distance to tube stations, bus stops, etc. My family and I had a great stay at the hotel and I would definitely stay for a 3rd time in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Spent 10 days in London at this hotel wich is beside the British Museum. Very close to Rusell Square and Rusell Square Metro station wich is on The Picadilly Line, the one coming directly from Heahtrow airport. If you want to save almost 100GBP try the metro instead black cabs!! Nice area. The rooms are medium size, nicely decorated with confortable bathroom. The service is very good, staff very helpful and the breakfast is variated (little expensive). There are not so many good restaurants around (avoid any in front the British Museum), inside the museum there is a food court very nice where the food is variated and cheaper than the hotel, but, having breakfast in the garden really worth the money. Hop on and Hop off buses can be found close to Rusell Square. Very short walk to Oxford street, Soho and if you like walking even Covent Garden. Ask for rooms facing the garden, We stayed on a room facing the street and can be really noisy because night buses pass by and lots of people from other hotels nearby; putting this aside it's a very nice hotel to stay in London. Love it!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the garden, less noise from the streets.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Grange White Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!