“Dont stay here, hotels for cheape and better quality right beside it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater

Save Saved
You added Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater to your Saves list
Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SH, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #999 of 1,075 hotels in London
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
“Dont stay here, hotels for cheape and better quality right beside it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Rooms awful, customer service terrible. Location is good but there are 2 or three other hotels on the same street that are far superior for the same price and less. Rooms have not been refurbished for decades. Do not stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for a week in march with my class. I don't usually write reviews but I have to for this one because it was just so horrible. I've traveled across the world and stayed in many cheap, lousy places but this one was by far the worst I've ever seen. The rooms were disgusting and falling apart. The whole place felt like it should be condemned.The management was rude, sleazy, and treated us like it was a huge inconvenience for us to be in their hotel. Don't expect any basic amenities like towels. You can walk to reception and ask the horrible man at the desk who will very grudgingly give you one. Many of my classmates came home with lice and fleas in their luggage. The management didn't like a group our size being there and gave us death glares during breakfast and anytime we passed by the desk. It was extremely uncomfortable and creepy.

We reported any damage in our rooms as soon as we arrived so we would not be charged for it when we checked out. When it was time to check out they tried to keep our 200 pound deposit because one of the mattresses was broken. Of course we didn't break the mattress and we suspect the management had turned it over to hide it when we arrived and then turned it back over to blame it on us. Our teacher was understandably angry and when she complained to the man at the desk, he called over the woman who works there who proceded to scream obscenities and even pushed my teacher. That is just not okay. The woman even dared to ask how we could stay at her hotel and drink her water and then complain about our stay. Uhhhh, we paid for it!?!? For the price of course we weren't expecting luxury, but I think prison inmates get better care and service than this.

Stay FAR AWAY from this place! I don't even know how they're still in business. Even if you are looking for a cheap trip and don't mind staying in a crummy room it's just not worth it! Trust me, you're better off on the street. There are many other hotels on this street that are not much more expensive and are a million times better than this rat hole.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were dirty, beds were uncomfortable, the ensuites were VERY poor, service - NONE. credit card machines were broken....you'd think this was a business about to go bust or they have no customer interest what so ever! Never again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Yerevan, Armenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Well I was there for 8 nights on June 14 with my friend. I really find it a comportable hotel, first the location is good, near to Hyde Park by which you can easily get to Buckingham Palace. And nearby is the Queensway street, where are many restaurants and you can find many places to do your shoppings. Second- I liked the staff working there, a guy who works in administration was really so kind and lovely to us, very helpful. Our guest room was quite good, only TV wasn't working, but well we didn't have even a time to watch TV, so it doesn't matter. Breakfast was just normal. So please don't be scared reading preavious comments ,,the hotel is not that bad , I liked my stay there and would back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Belgium, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The bathroom was disgusting, it smelled like dirt. The breakfast was terrible, ... The room was shabby,the whole place was run down and dirty, This Hotel is beyond doubt a Hole how it can trade is beyond believe.

Room Tip: disgusting place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Krabi Town, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The rooms were dirty and rundown. The key didn't work. The doorknob broke just by turning it and the thieving owners charged ME! When I told them I'd never stay there again, they screamed obscenities at me. And not just the 2 males, the female at the front desk was an unholy terror. I wish now that I had just curled up under a tree and slept in Hyde Park. It would've been a better experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bolton, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here when we went to the Queens Diamond Jubilee Concert last week. We were surprised to see how reasonable this place was when, lets face it, even Premier Lodge prices were through the roof! My husband and I stayed here for two nights and the price was very reasonable.
Our first impressions weren't great - when we tried to check in and the guy on reception was receiving a take away - we took second place. We tried to check in at 5pm and later learnt that the take away was this guys lunch. The room was clean and did a grand job - it was, afterall, a place to lay our heads. We didn't have a kettle and the tv didn't work but after a call to reception all was rectified with in five minutes. There wasnt any shower gel in the room so be warned and make sure to take some, luckily we did.
Breakfast was included - it was continental - croissants, bread rolls, toast on request. There was cereal and juice too. Coffee was good and strong. Nothing mind blowing, but for the price we paid it was satisfactory. Most of the clientelle were foreign, not a problem, just an observation.
The staff were very smily and recognised us (even though we stayed for a short time), had a bit of a giggle with us, gave a good atmosphere.
After reading the reviews on here we nearly cancelled - I am glad we didnt, this hotel was friendly and suited us for the trip we had. It is a short walk from lots of local shops, bars and restaurants - particularly Persian and Indian, we had an amazing Persian meal within a stones throw of the hotel.

If we consider what we paid for the two night stay we had here then I would say it was definitely value for money.
We chatted to the staff and asked them for anything that we needed that wasnt there - they sorted this out within a matter of minutes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater? Share your experiences!