“People it's really not a bad Hotel so I recomend you” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apollo Hotel - Bayswater

You added Apollo Hotel - Bayswater to your Saves list
Apollo Hotel - Bayswater
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SH, England   |
Ranked #997 of 1,050 Hotels in London
Yerevan, Armenia
“People it's really not a bad Hotel so I recomend you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Well I was there for 8 nights on June 14 with my friend. I really find it a comportable hotel, first the location is good, near to Hyde Park by which you can easily get to Buckingham Palace. And nearby is the Queensway street, where are many restaurants and you can find many places to do your shoppings. Second- I liked the staff working there, a guy who works in administration was really so kind and lovely to us, very helpful. Our guest room was quite good, only TV wasn't working, but well we didn't have even a time to watch TV, so it doesn't matter. Breakfast was just normal. So please don't be scared reading preavious comments ,,the hotel is not that bad , I liked my stay there and would back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Belgium, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The bathroom was disgusting, it smelled like dirt. The breakfast was terrible, ... The room was shabby,the whole place was run down and dirty, This Hotel is beyond doubt a Hole how it can trade is beyond believe.

Room Tip: disgusting place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Krabi Town, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The rooms were dirty and rundown. The key didn't work. The doorknob broke just by turning it and the thieving owners charged ME! When I told them I'd never stay there again, they screamed obscenities at me. And not just the 2 males, the female at the front desk was an unholy terror. I wish now that I had just curled up under a tree and slept in Hyde Park. It would've been a better experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bolton, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here when we went to the Queens Diamond Jubilee Concert last week. We were surprised to see how reasonable this place was when, lets face it, even Premier Lodge prices were through the roof! My husband and I stayed here for two nights and the price was very reasonable.
Our first impressions weren't great - when we tried to check in and the guy on reception was receiving a take away - we took second place. We tried to check in at 5pm and later learnt that the take away was this guys lunch. The room was clean and did a grand job - it was, afterall, a place to lay our heads. We didn't have a kettle and the tv didn't work but after a call to reception all was rectified with in five minutes. There wasnt any shower gel in the room so be warned and make sure to take some, luckily we did.
Breakfast was included - it was continental - croissants, bread rolls, toast on request. There was cereal and juice too. Coffee was good and strong. Nothing mind blowing, but for the price we paid it was satisfactory. Most of the clientelle were foreign, not a problem, just an observation.
The staff were very smily and recognised us (even though we stayed for a short time), had a bit of a giggle with us, gave a good atmosphere.
After reading the reviews on here we nearly cancelled - I am glad we didnt, this hotel was friendly and suited us for the trip we had. It is a short walk from lots of local shops, bars and restaurants - particularly Persian and Indian, we had an amazing Persian meal within a stones throw of the hotel.

If we consider what we paid for the two night stay we had here then I would say it was definitely value for money.
We chatted to the staff and asked them for anything that we needed that wasnt there - they sorted this out within a matter of minutes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, we were booked in for 6 nights, but after the first night we checked out.. The room was shabby, 1 coat hanger,a very old television, with a faulty remote, had to request towels& soap. The bathroom & shower could do with a good makeover. Very old & well worn beds,& covers. Dreadful room, I don't know how they can charge, what thy charge for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Coleraine, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Room was disgusting,no soap or plug in bathroom, towels smelt, everywhere was painted green, breakfast was terrible, T.V had 1 channel, kettle was dirty, the whole place was run down and dirty, This Hotel is beyond doubt a Hole how it can trade is beyond believe.

Room Tip: All rooms are bad
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wien
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

but my travel agency made a mistake and it was the only hotel left on this "hotel boulevard" in Bayswater. So the position is really good, there are two different tube stations only a few minutes away. The hotel itself was a bit dirty and broken: The bathroom was kind of mouldy, the door didn't close right. The room is, typically for London, tiny, so the bed just exactly fits in. But hey, that's London!
Breakfast wasn't wonderful either, coffee was disgusting, the other stuff just yucky readymade stuff.
But after all, I have the say that the receptionist was really kind, he tried everything to make up for the miserable standard. When I was there, the hotel got renovated, hopefully it's better by now. But I really wouldn't come again, I'm sorry!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Apollo Hotel - Bayswater? Share your experiences!