“Horrible.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater

You added Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater to your Saves list
Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SH, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #1,002 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Horrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, we were booked in for 6 nights, but after the first night we checked out.. The room was shabby, 1 coat hanger,a very old television, with a faulty remote, had to request towels& soap. The bathroom & shower could do with a good makeover. Very old & well worn beds,& covers. Dreadful room, I don't know how they can charge, what thy charge for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Coleraine, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Room was disgusting,no soap or plug in bathroom, towels smelt, everywhere was painted green, breakfast was terrible, T.V had 1 channel, kettle was dirty, the whole place was run down and dirty, This Hotel is beyond doubt a Hole how it can trade is beyond believe.

Room Tip: All rooms are bad
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wien
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

but my travel agency made a mistake and it was the only hotel left on this "hotel boulevard" in Bayswater. So the position is really good, there are two different tube stations only a few minutes away. The hotel itself was a bit dirty and broken: The bathroom was kind of mouldy, the door didn't close right. The room is, typically for London, tiny, so the bed just exactly fits in. But hey, that's London!
Breakfast wasn't wonderful either, coffee was disgusting, the other stuff just yucky readymade stuff.
But after all, I have the say that the receptionist was really kind, he tried everything to make up for the miserable standard. When I was there, the hotel got renovated, hopefully it's better by now. But I really wouldn't come again, I'm sorry!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

its in the best location in london in my opinion. but in dire need of new management. the hotel across the street isnt far more expensive but its a proper hotel. this is just sad. very poor living condition. and the staffs are one of a kind

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

This place is an absolute dive.
Firstly, they lied about the wi-fi. It clearly states on most travel websites that this hotel has free wifi, which, when I enquired, it did not.
The room size was also ridiculous, not to mention cramped. The lift is barely noticable, and from many other reviews I have read, most visitors could not even find it and resorted to dragging their luggage four floors up an incredibly narrow stairs. When we arrived, there was a large mattress blocking the door on the ground floor.
The room was freezing, as the radiator did not work, and neither did one of the electrical sockets.
However, I was forced to spend three nights freezing as I was quite honestly afraid to pull up a filthy blanket over me, so I slept wrapped in only a sheet and a jacket I had worn the previous day.
The bathroom was absolutely tiny, with cracked tiles and exposed wires. I point blank refused to walk on the carpet without shoes on, as it smelled damp and I suspected it was infested with lice.
Another review I have read stated that there were small bugs in the towels too, but I can't second this statement as I never received a towel.
The staff seemed completely unprofessional and when I asked about the free wifi (which is supposedly available throughout the hotel) I was brushed off and nonchalantly told that I would have to pay. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that a hotel would lie about its offers and it angered me greatly.
The hotel rooms were not sound proofed, in fact, there was a great deal of noise from both outside, next door and upstairs at all hours of the day and night.
I would describe my overall experience in this hotel as a hellish one and would discourage anyone from staying here unless their budget is so low they genuinely can't afford anywhere better. Trust me, anywhere is better than this.

• Stayed April 2012
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Well first before booking it we came to trip advisor to read the reviews. As you can see they are very mixed! biu as the rooms were cheap and we were planning to be out and about for the few days we decided to book it. We arrived and were suprised at first as there was a lovely lounge which we did not expect. We were prepared for the worst as we walked into to the room but it wasn't too bad it wasn't spick and span but there was nothing really dirty. The bathroom was nice and clean. As for the breakfast... well it wasn't great but that was ok as we just ate some place else. If you are looking for somewhere cheap to stay for a few days and are not fussed about luxury stay here. The station is near and so is Hyde Park its easy to get most places from here and doesn't take to long, but Advice: get your food out! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
East Sussex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed here at the end of November 2011, and although was cheap, I would rather have stayed in a hostel dorm! The man on reception was rude, standing there eating chewing gum and coughing all over the counter. The stairs leading to the bedroom are crumbling away, and I nearly fell down them. The room was dirty, window would not shut so had to sleep with that open all night, bathroom was mouldy. Did not even attempt to try the breakfast as did not want to catch food poisoning. Never again will I stay here!

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Apollo Hotel -- Bayswater? Share your experiences!