“A brilliant burlesque hen” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 1,158 nightlife in London
Type: Bar/ Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Proud Camden is located in the 200-year-old Grad II Listed Horse Hospital in the Stables Market, Camden. Adorned by images of rock royalty throughout, the venue has been systematically designed and painstakingly restored. It retains many of the beautiful and genuine features, including the original stables that once housed the horses that were injured pulling canal barges.Throughout the day Proud Camden is the ideal place to come and relax with your mates. Hot beverages and food are available, and each stable has HD flat screen TVs with Sky Sports and Movie channels. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, we also have a vast selection of DVDs and PS3 video games you can choose from or why not be a rockstar with Xbox Rock Band. Click here for PDF of 7 different stables!The venue is transformed into a live music venue and bar from 7.30pm, with each night hosting the best eclectic music in North London.Known for its commitment to programming the very best live music- Peter Doherty, Dizzee Rascal, The Kooks, Stereophonics, and Johnny Borrell all have played intimate sets. The bar has developed a cult following and become a celebrity hang-out, with regulars Amy Winehouse, Sadie Frost, Carl Barat, and The Arctic Monkeys.Recent performers at the venue have included: Dirty Pretty Things, Lethal Bizzle, The Enemy, Lykke Li, Vivian Girls, Kissy Sell Out, Black Lips, Manchester Orchestra and I Blame Coco with thanks to London' best industry club nights.Proud's new outdoor terraced café also means Proud guests can now escape indoor gig madness to relax and enjoy the sun with drinks and food served all day. Originally an abandoned and dilapidated market shop, the glass-walled space has been redecorated to do justice to the café's epic views of the notorious Camden streets.
London
“A brilliant burlesque hen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Proud was one of the surprise parts to my hen party this weekend and it was absolutely brilliant. The delicious food, the cosy venue and most importantly THE DANCERS, amazing. I had such a good time as did all my hens - a variety of girls in their early 30's through to my mum in her 60's!

Also, a special mention to the guys who were our waiters who were just excellent, I felt they really looked after us from the moment we arrived and added so much to the evening as they got involved in the general excitement of our party plus they were cute as buttons. Some of the dancers even joined us on the dancefloor in the club later on!

I am sad to see less than enthusiastic reviews on here as they could not have made it a nicer evening for us and I understand from my bridesmaids that their were very helpful in the planning stages as well.

It's a great, fun night out and we will definiltey return!

Visited September 2012

London
“Be careful hiring stables for parties”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had a terrible experience when i hired the karaoke stable for my party. The air conditioing wasnt working and guests had to leave because they felt unwell in the heat - the room is insulated for sound. When i complained to the management i was told that it was dealt with appropriately on the night (a fan was provided which just pushed steaming hot air round) and they were rude and refused to acknowledge the problem. A warning to anyone who books a stable, if you do have a problem, it wont be dealt with well at all and dont expect your money back if your party and evening is ruined at their fault.

Visited May 2012
London , UK
5 attraction reviews
“My daughter's perfect 18th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

All parents worry about what to do for their kids 18th birthdays - and although I wasn't at the party itself - my daughter had the time of her life at Proud Camden. She organized a guest list and her party of about 50 friends were made to feel very special from start to finish. They were fast tracked at the door and had a "stable"all to themselves - complete with their own exclusive bar staff who kept the drinks coming. All I had to do was put an amount of money with the bar manager- which we arranged in advance - and it all went very smoothly.

We live in the country and what worried me most was them all getting home safely. Most impressive of all was that in response to this the management personally counted the kids on to the coach to bring them home - such a relief.

From a Mum's point of view it was perfect - and the kids haven't stopped talking about it either.

Visited June 2012
8 attraction reviews
“Day time Live Music! More please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Sunday morning. My wife asked: what do you fancy doing today? I said "Wouldn't it be great if there was a chilled out pub with some dude and an acoustic guitar?" Thus briefed, we tracked down this place. Quite unique, nestled away at the back of Camden Stables Market. A huge venue /gallery/market type affair with an indoor main stage in room full of squishy leather sofas and an outdoor mini stage for an even more chilled out feel. I like that they have big ole hareem style rooms that you can reserve for free too. We seen some music that day ranging from average to amazing and since there's always two acts on at the same time you can flip flop between them as you like. On the downsides: don't expect a classy joint, or a wine list, or a huge drinks selection. However, it's free music and a great place to while away a Sunday afternoon. I'd go again.

Visited July 2012
Caracas, Venezuela
8 attraction reviews
“Big party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

wow, one of the best parties I've gone to, good music, pretty girls and they have Venezuelan Rum

Visited April 2012