“Yummy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bi Bim Bap Soho

Bi Bim Bap Soho
11 Greek street, London W1D 4DJ, England (Soho)
+44 20 7287 3434
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,017 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Bibimbap Soho is a Korean restaurant in London. Our easy to read menu and fast service makes us especially great for people on the go. The restaurant specialises in Korea's national dish, however you can get other dishes on the menu. We also serve a range of healthy salads with rice and noodles dishes if you want a change from rice. Not to mention you also have a choice of white or brown rice. Vegetarians are welcome with a selection of meat free bibimbaps.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Delicious and healthy, wish we had one in our local town .

I had the namesake bi bim bap, chilli squid and a plum wine. The other half had the beef. I'd probably go for the same again.

• Turkish first
“Cheap and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This restaurant was featured in the TimesOut London Top 100 Cheap Eats and the main reason why we tried it out. Food is really cheap. I had the Fillet Beef Bi Bim Bap with raw egg on top. Not the best bi bim bap I have tasted, but for the price I paid I will not complain at all. Tea was £1! What a bargain!

The service was very quick and the food is fresh.

Highly recommended if you ever need a quick fix and you are in Soho.

Word of warning though, they do close for their siesta time (round about 2 I think).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty food at a reasonable price for London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

So we had lunch here today, I had the beef bi bim bap, her ladyship had the tofu variety. I had never had this before and so to me, the idea of plopping a raw egg on top of the rice seemed a bit strange, but I went with it because her ladyship forced me to. Though it seems strange, the scorching hot stone bowls provide enough heat to cook the egg as you stir it into your rice and so you get a sort of DIY fried rice dish. It was very nice indeed - really enjoyed mine. Top tip - don't touch the stone bowl (we won't mention whether I did or not).

Service was friendly and fast and the bill was reasonable. It's not haute cuisine, but it is nice and while the surroundings are not the Ritz, it's perfectly pleasant.

Other reviewers have said you go for the food, not the atmosphere. That seems fair, but for an easy and tasty lunch, this was a good find for us. I'd recommend it to you and don't be a wuss like I would have been - have the raw egg.

London, United Kingdom
“Good place for take away lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time I tried Korean food, I really like it.
I went there for take away as I didn't have plenty of time for lunch.
Service was great as I waited less than 5 minutes to get my orders ready.

My food was a bit cold, I didn't complain because I didn't know if it was supposed to be hot or cold. By the way, with the hot temperature, I enjoyed my dish cold. I think it was better than if it was hot.

I don't think this place is nice to eat in, as I found the atmosphere very cold and empty, maybe the sunny situation in London doesn't help to have a good opinion about that place, as everybody was eating outside in Soho square.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty cheap Korean food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place has become noticeably busier over the last year & with good reason.
The food is delicious, the hot pots of rice, veggies & meat are great, and all topped off a fried egg.
Hite Lager - not great, a little too American in style for me.
Dinner & 2x beers with some squid to share & change from £20:00