WARNING!!!!!! This is your notice and take care with using this hotel.
We requested a room for 3 adults with 2 large beds and a single. We were showing a picture
on the web site with a picture of the room. I have stayed in London before and know the rooms are small so i made extra call to Choice and verfied the room picture was the room i was going to get. The room showed 3 beds in a row. This was good as i know that it would have given us a little bit more room. Yes it would have been long and narrow but it would have been room.
We requested early check in. When arrived the front desk agent (later found out was the manager) said the room just check out and would not be ready to 1pm so no early check in. I understand that those come on a case by case. The manager said that he did see that we had the request for the early check in for the family room. He had advised that he needed credit card to check and charged fees for the whole stay at that point. (Don't do this before seeing what you are getting) He said go out and enjoy your day and he will deliver the bags to the room. This hotel is in a good location to Hyde park and we want to see the things in park and have a good dinner. When we arrived back at 5pm. the front desk had changed staff and the person at the counter gave us the key to the room. We went to the room and yep the bags were there. BUT the room was not the room pictured that we had booked and paid for so went back down to the front desk and explaind the floor plan was not as pictured and also after making a call before leaving the states. I did my home work. It was a clear case of bait and switch. When i asked to speak to the manger she said he was here this morning and i would have to take the room that i have now and talk to him tomorrow. She would not even make a call to him to let him know i was upset with the room. We could not stay in the room as it was way to small for 3 adults. May of been ok for two adutls and a child. but was too small and it was next to the elevator. Found out that the hotel has two family rooms and they are next to the elevator and you can here the people coming up and down on the elevator and even here people in the halls.. Room that small.. The bathroom you can not really get into it. It was so small they need to design it like other europen hotels with a built in floor plan. So with all this said and done and with no help from the front desk to accomade our needs we left the hotel after a hour and got another location to stay at that was 100 % plus better then this hotel. Went the next day to the hotel and talk to the manger as the front desk girl did not want to even refund our money for the room. Talk to the man that took our money the morning before and he said he could not give us the money for the room. He finaly said ok. i will refund your 2nd and 3rd night stay but he would not refund our 1st night even thought we did not stay there and we did not get the room that we had requested. He said he was doing us a favor for refunding our 2nd and 3rd night as he did not need to do that. My friend used her credit card and i did not want them to go back and deal with the situation so i did. I did not have the credit card with me when i went there so he said he could not credit the 2nd and 3rd night room without the card even though we did not stay there. He made me go back to the other side of town and get the credit card and come back again. I have worked in retail alot and you can reverse a charge without a credit card. He was the manger and he check us in on the morning before. He just wanted to make it difficult and not refund the money. He never gave me a receipt for the night stay, so who knows how there booking keeping is done. I stay at a lot of choice hotels and stayed a lot fo places in the world and know about the size of room and i would recomend stay clear of this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Hyde Park is newly renovated in March 2011. This hotel offers an excellent tourist location base to explore London. The Comfort Hotel Hyde Park is located just stones away from the famous Hyde Park and it's museums with only a minute to the park. Walking distance of 10 minutes to Marble Arch, Oxford Street and a short 10 minute commute to Westfield's Shopping Centre. The hotel location is perfect for sightseeing, shopping, dining, business and entertainment which is the heart of London. Walking distance to connect on to the Central Circle District, Hammersmith and city and the Bakerloo Lines. Free Continental breakfast available seven days a week. The reception office is open 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hyde Park Hotel London
- Park Hotel London
- Comfort Inn Hyde Park London, England