The Abba, Queen's Gate is run very efficiently by a Spanish chain. It's in an elegant part of Kensington fairly near the Albert Hall and the major museums. The hotel is part of what must have been a rather grand house. It has been skilfully converted to provide comfortable rooms and public areas. The restaurant is tastefully furnished in black and white (as is the rest of the hotel) and is rather small. The breakfast room on the lower ground floor is windowless but cheerfully decorated in grey and red and we found it rather pleasant. The breakfast itself was very acceptable.
Our room was on the fifth floor and was quiet, a little cramped but well equipped. However it did have a rotten window frame and the bath plug didn't work.
A further downside is that wifi has to be paid for separately.
The staff were all attentive, pleasant and helpful. Not surprisingly a number of Spanish people use this hotel.
The hotel is situated a fair walk from both Underground stations and bus stops.
- Also Known As:
- Abba Queens Gate London
- Abba Queens Gate Hotel
- Hotel Abba Queens Gate
- Abba Hotel London
- Abba Queens Gate Hotel London
- Abba Queen's Gate Hotel London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following a complete refurbishment the Victorian splendour of the a 19th century townhouse has been incorporated into the contemporary design of the 21st century to create an intimate atmosphere while retaining its elegance. The abba Queen's Gate London Hotel is ideally situated at the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Science Museum and the world famous shopping areas of Knightsbridge, High Street Kensington along with the legendary Harrods are only a short walk away. Composed of four townhouses all 90 bedrooms (including the family rooms) have been designed to offer the maximum in comfort and relaxation and equipped with modern amenities to create a unique experience. The newly designed bar, offering a selection of Tapas throughout the day, is the ideal place to relax from the hustle and bustle of London. While the hotel’s new conference facilities now consisting of two meeting rooms can accommodate up to 30 people each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, Otel, EasyToBook, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Abba Queen's Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.