For a trip with my daughter last July, the location of the hotel was perfect (Hyde Park/Marble Arch/Oxford Street area). Its on a very small side street - even a taxi driver and a local had trouble giving us directions.
Hotel was full upon arrival and we were given the basement room which was the worst room in the entire building. The receptionist stated that it should have been communicated in my email that we were in a basement room - which it was not (I would never have booked a basement room) but even so there were no other rooms available. Unfortunately, after a long trip I did not have the resources to look for another hotel so felt stuck in this basement room which was basically 2 twin beds and a view of a brick wall with dripping water. One morning we were woken by a guest outside using the ironing board. It was also next to the breakfast room.
I did manage to negotiate a 10% discount which for the UK is a lot. Staff and breakfast were nice and helpful despite room situation.
I regret not having the energy at the time of arrival to find a new B&B but the location was hard to beat.
- Also Known As:
- Parkwood At Marble Arch Hotel London
- Parkwood At Marble Arch Hotel
- Parkwood At Marble Arch London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best of UK - BedandBreakfast.com Award Winner, 2009-2010! The Parkwood occupies one of the best locations for a good-value hotel in London - near Oxford Street and Marble Arch on a fairly quiet street, just 50 yards from Hyde Park, in a section of London known as Connaught Village. "Frommers" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Budget Places and EasyToBook so you can book your Parkwood at Marble Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.